—coach—

GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs GWS

1 minute ago, Deestroy All said:

But has he won a game? I can’t remember. 

I remember him getting the bukake Gatorade shower.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Man Rivers said:

The injuries were always going to come.

GWS can physically do anything they want & we don’t respond. Toby Green knee’s with intent to hurt on MacDonald, then our skipper cops a full on poor disguised punch in the face & just nothing.

softest team in the Comp by a fair margin.

Yep other clubs see us as soft and we are.

Its not just the injuries for me its the fact t hat Tmac, O mac, Viney, Gus, oliver, Garlett, Jones have gone so far backwards. 

• Like 2

Get rid of the coach, the coaching panel, the recruiting team and don’t ever recruit players who can’t kick. Basic skills ffs!

Goodwin could at least run through David King on the way out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rjay said:

That he's made the phone call to Clarkson...

I always knew Goodwin was a poor decision maker.
Gambling, peptides and taking the Melbourne coaching position.

Clarkson wouldn't touch us with a ten foot pole.

Edited by Fork 'em

For Gods sake people, other than our pathetic skills, which makes it impossible to watch,  did anyone think our Casey side would get within 10 goals of a full strength Giants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SPC said:

Let’s be fair, we have 12 guys who shouldn’t be praying seniors out there today

Names

1 minute ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I remember him getting the bukake Gatorade shower.

Love that flavour. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Demonland outdoing itself today.

• Like 1

This is atrocious - what do they actually do all week when at training for inside 50’s!

also C Wagner and B Fritsch smiling after every GWS goal is doing my absolute nut in.

we are a disgrace.

We need to make a statement and drop TMac

Collingwood nearly won a flag with worse injuries. Richmond have a load of key injuries and are still winning games. Injuries are hurting us, but getting demolished by opposition coaches and our insipid ball use is hurting us more, and that’s coaching. 

• Like 1

If Goodwin  mentions lacking forward connection or we will work on our forward craft I will fair dinkum spew.  Give us members some real answers 

i don't understand why we're continuing with what's not working in terms of oliver, viney, harmes as the core trio in the middle alongside gawn

i'd try mixing it up - throw viney and oliver forward for petracca and brayshaw into the middle, for starters - brayshaw can't play anywhere other than in the middle anyway, so might as well play him there

• Like 3

No effort = no result Just disgusted.

I liked the decision to play Spargo and Lockhart as full forwards that quarter. Inspired move

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Demonland outdoing itself today.

Id be sniffing glue without this site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Having watched him on tv the last couple of weeks (whereas I normally watch the game live), and he is just not going into contests. Refuses to bend, tackle, or raise his arms. Can’t break out of a jog.  

I am going to assume he is injured

Back injury.?

1 minute ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i don't understand why we're continuing with what's not working in terms of oliver, viney, harmes as the core trio in the middle alongside gawn

i'd try mixing it up - throw viney and oliver forward for petracca and brayshaw into the middle, for starters - brayshaw can't play anywhere other than in the middle anyway, so might as well play him there

There is no solid plan B - and thats the issue.

When he does finally make any sort of tangible change, its too late.

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I liked the decision to play Spargo and Lockhart as full forwards that quarter. Inspired move

Meantime GWS have 3 fun key forwards. Kill me. 

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Collingwood nearly won a flag with worse injuries. Richmond have a load of key injuries and are still winning games. Injuries are hurting us, but getting demolished by opposition coaches and our insipid ball use is hurting us more, and that’s coaching. 

This is why i think Goodwin has hit the wall. 

He knows it too i think...

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

I like Baker.

Too much speed and skill for me. Delist. 

• Haha 1

Steven May just sighted walking into the coaches box with a couple of pints for Goody, to prepare him for his presser.

• Haha 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Social Media

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles

THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

COOKED by The Oracle

I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

HELP by KC rom Casey

The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles