The 2019 Draft and Trade Targets Thread

Nascent

I wouldn't be going after Hill with Langdon on the way. Seriously, you go through the stats and Langdon is equal, if not even superior to Hill. He's not as easy on the eye, but that would probably be why he is cheaper, substance over style in my mind.

Below is a summary of the two from last season:

image.thumb.png.a2636f2c0f156be2785f4b1e2d6f554e.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The first week of trade window is effectively over.  There have been 6 player movements:

FA: Ellis, Tomlinson, Ellis-Yeoman, Birchall,

Trades: Frost, Langdon.

Our club enhances its reputation to gets deals done!

As an aside, only 2 trades for a week shows they should shorten the trade period. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Melbourne says it would take an extraordinary deal to trade away its No. 3 pick after locking in both of its wingmen for the long-term future.

..................followed up by a load of waffle................

But while rival clubs will come to the Demons with offers for their No. 3 pick, with players like young Victorian midfielder Hayden Young around that mark, it would have to be an amazing offer.

“Right now we are very happy to keep pick three. There are very good players at the top end of the draft and it would need to be something really attractive from a club. Right now our preference is to keep the pick,” he said.

Having missed out on Collingwood free agent Jamie Elliott, the Demons are more likely to look internally or in the national draft to try to find another small forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm pretty happy with our work so far, we have gotten who we said we would, and they fill a very big hole in the team. I don't know if it's Friday, or the drinks I had after work, but if the boys takea good look at themselves and work hard in the offseason, and play to a good gameplan, I think we have a big 2020 ahead.

A lot of IFS, sure, but I've had a lot of drinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

s3PJqO1n_x96.jpeg

A lot of clubs are trying to move up the draft order, including proposing using future picks. Melbourne and Carlton were im told close on a deal that fell over today. Indicative that talent good at top of draft, then falls off, possibly around 7 or 8

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

s3PJqO1n_x96.jpeg

A lot of clubs are trying to move up the draft order, including proposing using future picks. Melbourne and Carlton were im told close on a deal that fell over today. Indicative that talent good at top of draft, then falls off, possibly around 7 or 8

That is disappointing if we were looking to trade pick 3 with Carlton as it suggests that GWS hasn’t approached us with a very good deal. On the other hand what could Carlton offer other than 9 and a player.

• Like 1

I would suggest that our club knows who they would like to target in the draft. Pick 3 would assure that choice. Lower picks probably won’t. Surely for all the pain we went through this past season, the only benefit was assuring ourselves of the best (or 3rd best) available choice at the draft. Keep pick 3.

50 minutes ago, Rocky said:

9 and mckay. 

Can't see them parting with McKay. He and Curnow will be twin towers for 8-10 years. They'd offload Casbolt well before that

Edit. would we consider 2019 pick 9 and their future 1st for our 3?  

Edited by Moonshadow

54 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Can't see them parting with McKay. He and Curnow will be twin towers for 8-10 years. They'd offload Casbolt well before that

No. Get pick 3 locked away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

I would. Could be two picks inside 10. If King (or someone else) is up for grabs next year, it's a handy chip. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

I would. Could be two picks inside 10. If King (or someone else) is up for grabs next year, it's a handy chip. 

Good call mate.

Edited by A F

10 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

carlton need pick 9 in order to ensure they have collateral for swans with papley - i can't see what they would have that would tempt us to part with pick 3 from a draft pick perspective

Agreed, unless they were going to part with Harry McKay or Sam Walsh which is not going to happen i can't see what they have to offer

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Agreed, unless they were going to part with Harry McKay or Sam Walsh which is not going to happen i can't see what they have to offer

I'd take that dreadful Paddy Cripps bloke off their hands too if they want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, A F said:

I'd take that dreadful Paddy Cripps bloke off their hands too if they want.

Gee wiz he's a good player, any chance he heads back to Perth though? or are we thinking the Blues have got themselves together enough that he'll stick around?

• Like 1