Casey v Box Hill - Practice Game on Sunday

WERRIDEE

10 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

Meanwhile, back at the game, how has the last quarter panned out?

Fought hard and well against the wind to win 10-17-77 to 10-7-66

Will do a write up when I get home 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Speaking to a Box Hill trainor and he said he had done his knee. Not sure exactly what .

Got a good description after the game. It was actually Tim Mohr not Lewis.

He had simultaneously dislocated his knee, and broken both his Tibia and Fibula. Dec said it was easily the worse injury he had ever seen.

• Shocked 6
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

He had simultaneously dislocated his knee, and broken both his Tibia and Fibula. Dec said it was easily the worse injury he had ever seen.

that's horrific

i seem to remember luke molan doing something similar in the vfl for sandy when he was on our list

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Didn't Mohr play for Casey at some stage or am I getting things mixed up. The box hill bloke said he was a box hill player and not Hawthorn. It was a bad injury though.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Poor bugger 

28 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Speaking to a Box Hill trainor and he said he had done his knee. Not sure exactly what .

20 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Yeah that makes sense,if he was down for half an hour it had to be more than a knee injury.

Sounds brutal.

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Sarcasm or not?  I can't tell.

Take no prisoners. I am blaming everyone.

In all seriousness I have had some outstanding bets on Melbourne in previous years that have seen me banned from crownbet and bet365.

I smashed Brisbane at $4.50 to beat us in JLT. With TAB.

We will probably lose next week and the week after that. Then load up everyone, because Richmond can't touch us without Rance, we have Geelong, Collingwood had one good year, and no one even rated West Coasts list a year ago.We are better and carry more weight for the premiership, particularly with Petracca.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Take no prisoners. I am blaming everyone.

In all seriousness I have had some outstanding bets on Melbourne in previous years that have seen me banned from crownbet and bet365.

I smashed Brisbane at $4.50 to beat us in JLT. With TAB.

We will probably lose next week and the week after that. Then load up everyone, because Richmond can't touch us without Rance, we have Geelong, Collingwood had one good year, and no one even rated West Coasts list a year ago.We are better and carry more weight for the premiership, particularly with Petracca.

WTF?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

Jesus that's got to be one of the worst footy injuries I've ever heard of!

Commiserations and good luck to the poor bloke.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

WTF?

Just follow my punting and count the cash.

Happy for you to check my history. I posted for everyone to take Oliver most bronwlow votes for any Melbourne player at 50-1 in his second season and got it. Posted it here and got banned from crownbet because I smashed it.

3 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Just follow my punting and count the cash.

Happy for you to check my history. I posted for everyone to take Oliver most bronwlow votes for any Melbourne player at 50-1 in his second season and got it. Posted it here and got banned from crownbet because I smashed it.

But what does that have to do with your comment on Gary Pert?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Put a mirror up mate. You are what you perceive

Keitly was promoted from the Casey list and has been in the system now for a couple of years. He was far more effective than Pruese in the ruck in the pre-season game I watched.

We got smashed against Port on the weekend and part of the problem was when Weid  went into the ruck. We needed a better option. Ohh that and he can actually take a contested mark over his head unlike Weid.

Keilty in for mine.

Glad your nowhere near the selection team

• Like 2

Keitly was promoted from the Casey list and has been in the system now for a couple of years. He was far more effective than Pruese in the ruck in the pre-season game I watched.

We got smashed against Port on the weekend and part of the problem was when Weid  went into the ruck. We needed a better option. Ohh that and he can actually take a contested mark over his head unlike Weid.

Keilty in for mine.

Pretty sure Weid can take ball at highest point which means overhead, so sick of the negativity many of you portray week in week in - it’s R1 ppl, get over it! Weid has few opportunities and is still learning the craft - was LEAST of our prob yesterday!

ANB slotts goal in first we prob run away with it - instead Port played out of their skin and we got caught running on the spot, it happens!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Keilty in for mine.

Missed Weid's big contested clunk? Sam was bad in the ruck, mostly at boundary stoppages, which is somewhat a surprise because he's usually ok in the ruck. Follows up at ground level and around the ground does ok. 

If you remember the Richmond JLT game Keilty was good in centre bounces but also beaten by a ruck who grabbed it from a throw in and kicked a goal.

According to the website Keilty is 194/94kg, Weid is 195/97kg. Who knows how accurate those numbers are but I'm not convinced there's much difference.

Keilty might be a bit more effective in the ruck but I'm not expecting miracles up forward from him, he didn't do a heap up forward against the Lions.

Realistically swapping Weid for Keilty would be getting a similar player without the upside. I've got no interest in that. Preuss for a big contested body would at least mix things up. Or adding Keilty alongside Weid, playing Tracc in the midfield and T mc on the wing for part of the game and changing the forward mix. Or waiting until Tim Smith is back soon and getting that 3rd tall versatile and defensive forward in the mix. 

• Like 2