8 Reasons to Get Excited

Demonland

The biggest drawback at Melbourne is the lack of pace. The filth Richmond and essendrug far out weigh us in this department. Don't underestimate the power of home ground advantage like the eagles have. The biggest weapon we have is the hunger to succeed. It should be enormous.

Just thaught I would add a note of caution.

• Like 3

"TAB ODDS

Premiership: $7.50

Top-8: $1.40

Most losses: $151"

It wasn't all that long ago that those odds would have been the reverse of that.

Since making finals and our ensuing mostly positive finals campaign, the MFC have become something of a media darling.  While it sure beats being the whipping boy of the comp and all these champion data rankings are nice, it's all starting to get pretty hollow without actually being the undisputed champion team, with the flag in the bag - I'd much rather have West Coasts champion data ratings than ours right now.

That all said, the excitement is certainly building and I can't wait for the season to begin.

• Like 2

Lever is a concern to me. I know how good he can be, but those knee joints have to be a concern. 

This years injury was so out of nothing. 

I wish him all the best, but i also remember Lee Walker. 

Stephen May is pivotal. Having not watched a lot of Suns games, i am fascinated to see how he intergrates

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Lever is a concern to me. I know how good he can be, but those knee joints have to be a concern. 

This years injury was so out of nothing. 

I wish him all the best, but i also remember Lee Walker. 

Stephen May is pivotal. Having not watched a lot of Suns games, i am fascinated to see how he intergrates

For unknown reasons, players that do an ACL at less than 18 are a very high chance of redoing the same ACL (almost 40%).  Maybe the fact they are still growing makes it weak.  The second ACL injury repair is usually a lot stronger.  So here’s hoping it is like Max who also did his first one at 17 and second at 20.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, dl4e said:

The biggest drawback at Melbourne is the lack of pace. The filth Richmond and essendrug far out weigh us in this department. Don't underestimate the power of home ground advantage like the eagles have. The biggest weapon we have is the hunger to succeed. It should be enormous.

This is the biggest myth who in our midfield group  would  u say is slow

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Watson11 said:

For unknown reasons, players that do an ACL at less than 18 are a very high chance of redoing the same ACL (almost 40%).  Maybe the fact they are still growing makes it weak.  The second ACL injury repair is usually a lot stronger.  So here’s hoping it is like Max who also did his first one at 17 and second at 20.

Ok i wasn’t aware of that % (not suprised though)

still growing would be the reason. 

He reminds me of a beautiful V12 Jaguar

Goes well, but.....

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, dl4e said:

I agree that the lack of 2 or 3 players with genuine line breaking, burst speed is a weakness.  It’s the main reason why it would be so beneficial if Hunt was able to improve some other areas of his game and force his way in.  The promising news is that a couple of senior players have told me that Toby Bedford is the new recruit that has made the biggest impression amongst the playing group up until Christmas and they believe he will play some 1’s in 2019. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Number 6 has me more excited than anything else.

Gosh, for a moment there I thought you had too much fruitcake over Xmas and were talking about Lewis, then I remembered to scroll up. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Gosh, for a moment there I thought you had too much fruitcake over Xmas and were talking about Lewis, then I remembered to scroll up. 

I am hoping Lewis has one more hungry season. 

His experience at BEING THE HUNTED will be crucial to the whole side going up that 2 or 3% which we will have to do. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am hoping Lewis has one more hungry season. 

His experience at BEING THE HUNTED will be crucial to the whole side going up that 2 or 3% which we will have to do. 

I’m sure he’ll be as hungry as ever Swyl, didn’t mean to sound like I was disrespecting Lewis.

Exciting isn’t the first word you associate with Lewis and you rightly point out his worth. He’s proven durable over a long career and he will give himself every chance to cement a spot in the 22. Hopefully the fierce competition for spots will see us find the extra gears we seek. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I’m sure he’ll be as hungry as ever Swyl, didn’t mean to sound like I was disrespecting Lewis.

Exciting isn’t the first word you associate with Lewis and you rightly point out his worth. He’s proven durable over a long career and he will give himself every chance to cement a spot in the 22. Hopefully the fierce competition for spots will see us find the extra gears we seek. 

Being the Hunted is totally different to where we have been. 

It was 55 years since we came through on that one. 

Lewis knows how to prepare and break through

• Like 1

I’m really looking forward to the likes of Hunt and Kolodjashnij forcing Lewis out of the 22. 

They are the future. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, goodwindees said:

I agree that the lack of 2 or 3 players with genuine line breaking, burst speed is a weakness.  It’s the main reason why it would be so beneficial if Hunt was able to improve some other areas of his game and force his way in.  The promising news is that a couple of senior players have told me that Toby Bedford is the new recruit that has made the biggest impression amongst the playing group up until Christmas and they believe he will play some 1’s in 2019. 

True and don't forget Baker but I can't see this problem being solved this coming season. Don't know if Hunt can play midfield.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

Sit down and watch the replay from the filth game last season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dieter said:

dl4e, if you're going to be Irish, please spell it right: it's taut.

Sorry but our ancestors were Irish. I can spell anything any way I want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, dl4e said:

Sit down and watch the replay from the filth game last season. 

Watch the game against carlton , bulldogs, and GWS and any of our wins every losing team looks slow, speed is over rated, it's myth, and the sheep believe what others say.

2 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

Watch the game against carlton , bulldogs, and GWS and any of our wins every losing team looks slow, speed is over rated, it's myth, and the sheep believe what others say.

It's all about the ball movement.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, don't make me angry said:

It is not a pace issue - we have that - and an ability for great 2-way running - Hunt, Harmes, KK and Gus, for starters, and perhaps the Ginger Ninja (weaned to AFL level so far). It is consistent winning of the ball and improved use of ground space anticipation that is the issue in order to pin-point deep forward and clearance assets.

9 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

It's all about the ball movement.

True. But a quick pacy side that moves the ball well is hard to beat. I will be interested to see the filth this year coz if their ball movement is slightly off from last season they will finish quite a few places lower on the ladder. They are totally reliant on it.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:03 AM, Deemania since 56 said:

It is not a pace issue - we have that - and an ability for great 2-way running - Hunt, Harmes, KK and Gus, for starters, and perhaps the Ginger Ninja (weaned to AFL level so far). It is consistent winning of the ball and improved use of ground space anticipation that is the issue in order to pin-point deep forward and clearance assets.

That's right we are not slow, and we move the ball fairly well. I think the MFCSS is so in grained in some supporters that they can't except we are actually a good team, and have to find fault in everything.

• Like 1