Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

7 minutes ago, DSP said:

If this delusional prediction comes true I shall change my avatar to a photo of my bum or Sam McClure whichever is uglier. 

Edit:-Image result for sam mcclure afl 

You better hope he is wrong.

Edited by ManDee

A trusted inside source has told me something very interesting, but I can't share it nor can I share who the source is. I can confirm that information surrounding Jesse will be made available some time in between now and 2019. Trust me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Smokey said:

A trusted inside source has told me something very interesting, but I can't share it nor can I share who the source is. I can confirm that information surrounding Jesse will be made available some time in between now and 2019. Trust me. 

So why tell us you know something if you can't share a thing about it?  How does that change anything?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Smokey said:

?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ManDee said:

If this delusional prediction comes true I shall change my avatar to a photo of my bum or Sam McClure whichever is uglier. 

Edit:-Image result for sam mcclure afl 

You better hope he is wrong.

Not sure if anyone on Demonland is as old as me but Sam reminds me of "Thunderbirds Are Go".

Thunderbirds (1965)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smokey said:

You should post less often. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JackDeMan said:

Not sure if anyone on Demonland is as old as me but Sam reminds me of "Thunderbirds Are Go".

Thunderbirds (1965)

Im more incline to go with

v0ysmyfdiwkfsxxsqesi.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JackDeMan said:

Thunderbirds (1965)

Thunderbirds are useful

1 minute ago, Dr.D said:

i'd be so peeved if we get may for hogan and no extra picks. hogan is 4 years younger!!

Jesse Hogan is worth Picks 4 and 5. Freo should get Pick 4 from Brisbane for Neale and they already have Pick 5.

Then we keep Pick 4 to pick up a Victorian midfielder in the Draft and trade Pick 5 for May and KK from Gold Coast. May is not worth Pick 5  as a direct trade.

After that, Dyson and vandenBerg to GWS for Dylan Shiel, and GWS can on-trade Tyson if he doesn't want to go back to his old club; Kent to North for Braydon Preuss, and North to trade Kent to St Kilda for whatever they can get.

Call me old-fashioned (because that is what I am), but I have had enough of these want-away Demons - trade them for the max that we can get and we move on.

One last one, - would love to get Langdon from Collingwood, but haven't yet worked out the trade, unless it involves Jayden Hunt, but sounds like he is not a want-away Demon, nd the Demons still want him, so I would not want to trade him out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I think the error many are supposing...( its certainly a foundation for much stupidity in the media )  is the idea of two sharp  end 1st rounders...and thats all.    if my crystal ball was less fuzzy Id probably be looking at around a good pick...sub 7...another 1st rounder..10-13....and an exchange of  maybe a latter 2nd from Freo for a 3rd from us.

its all about providing the currency for other deals...MFC will look holistically at all of this Im absolutely sure . And why? because thats the track record of recent years...just get the deals done to get the deals done. You dont  really get to spend any change !!

The deal with GC  for May wont be in isolation either...so again..its all about packages  that fulfill requirements...ours and others.

Freo have picks 5 & 77, they'll probably get pick 4 for Neale

They don't have currency in each draft round to horse trade picks

1 minute ago, JackDeMan said:

Jesse Hogan is worth Picks 4 and 5.

We won't get these 2 picks

If Jesse publicly states he wants to leave, then his value is diminished - we won't make him stay for 2019, imagine the impact the press coverage would have particularly if he has a few bad games

I think we'd get 5 + a player at best

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JackDeMan said:

Jesse Hogan is worth Picks 4 and 5. Freo should get Pick 4 from Brisbane for Neale and they already have Pick 5.

Then we keep Pick 4 to pick up a Victorian midfielder in the Draft and trade Pick 5 for May and KK from Gold Coast. May is not worth Pick 5  as a direct trade.

After that, Dyson and vandenBerg to GWS for Dylan Shiel, and GWS can on-trade Tyson if he doesn't want to go back to his old club; Kent to North for Braydon Preuss, and North to trade Kent to St Kilda for whatever they can get.

Call me old-fashioned (because that is what I am), but I have had enough of these want-away Demons - trade them for the max that we can get and we move on.

One last one, - would love to get Langdon from Collingwood, but haven't yet worked out the trade, unless it involves Jayden Hunt, but sounds like he is not a want-away Demon, nd the Demons still want him, so I would not want to trade him out.

Players can't be traded without their agreement, and certainly can't be "on-traded" as you suggest. Picks can be, but not players.

6 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Freo have picks 5 & 77, they'll probably get pick 4 for Neale

They don't have currency in each draft round to horse trade picks

Think outside the square. We got bugger all picks either really atm. 

• Like 1

id guess at May and Kolodjashnij for Hogan is being floated. I'd still want more, but thats just me. KPF are harder to find than other players. Although on the opposite if freo wait one year and hogan leaves for restricted free agency we'd get crap all (so hoping we play hard ball.

6 minutes ago, Wunders said:

id guess at May and Kolodjashnij for Hogan is being floated. I'd still want more, but thats just me. KPF are harder to find than other players. Although on the opposite if freo wait one year and hogan leaves for restricted free agency we'd get crap all (so hoping we play hard ball.

But we can choose to match the RFA package if we wish.  

Assuming Neale leaves and it sounds like he wants to, then picks 4/5 is what Hogan is worth this year.   If not we hold him and see what they come up with.  

25 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

We won't get these 2 picks

If Jesse publicly states he wants to leave, then his value is diminished - we won't make him stay for 2019, imagine the impact the press coverage would have particularly if he has a few bad games

I think we'd get 5 + a player at best

Which player fits our club and is a realistic possibility?

Edited by johndemonic

1 minute ago, johndemonic said:

Which player fits our club and is a realistic possibility?

I looked through their list and there weren't a lot.

Other than the obvious ones i.e. Brayshaw, Cerra, Fyfe the only other one is Ed Langdon who we apparently already been after.