Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

1 minute ago, Chook in Perth said:

he's been gone for days, but it's common knowledge in the playing group now. nothing less than two picks (one for May).

also St Kilda offered Kent THREE TIMES $$ and years what we did. idiots.

also, the Hogan salary relief absolutely on the table. they're kicking the Gaff tyres at the 11th hour.

was some talk of a hail Mary crack at Lynch. no dice  - it's Richmond.

Thanks Chook. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chook in Perth said:

............................................  also, the Hogan salary relief absolutely on the table. .................

Thanks Chook, greatly appreciated as usual! 

I'm not sure I understand the "salary relief" bit.  Surely, if Freo have offered Jesse big bucks on a long contract, we wouldn't contemplate paying any of his salary, even for one year (as we apparently did for Jack Watts).  What am I missing?

31 minutes ago, Chook in Perth said:

he's been gone for days, but it's common knowledge in the playing group now. nothing less than two picks (one for May).

also, the Hogan salary relief absolutely on the table. they're kicking the Gaff tyres at the 11th hour.

Thanks for the info Chook. Your info is always good so we appreciate it each time you can share it. 

Interested in reigniting the Gaff interest - have we left it too late? Or can we get our noses back in the game? 

1 minute ago, Deeoldfart said:

I'm not sure I understand the "salary relief" bit.  Surely, if Freo have offered Jesse big bucks on a long contract, we wouldn't contemplate paying any of his salary, even for one year (as we apparently did for Jack Watts).  What am I missing?

The $850k on the books for Jesse in 2019 is now available 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

I think he means we get a large amount of salary cap relief that we were not expecting a month ago due to Jesse's imminent departure. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Chook in Perth said:

Thanks Chook, can I ask what you think of the trade generally?

A player like Hogan is such a unique talent.

It is what it is, but wonder what your take on the vibe of it all is?

1 hour ago, EnterTheDragon said:

You really going to double down on that silly comment? Glad you’re not representing us at the trade table binger!

Freo: “Sorry boys the best we can do is pick 5 and Ed Langdon or maybe swing a second rounder your way next year. Best offer. Cheers.”

Bing: “Gee shucks lads we were hoping for a couple of high first rounders now but we can see you’re in a bit of a bind and Jesse is a bit homesick .... look alright we’ll take that. But look after us next time golly gee!”

Again, there is a time to cut a quick deal and there’s a time to recognise you have the whip hand in negotiations and make your opponent (yes that’s what Freo are - an opponent) rightly pay up.

I’ll also say Jesse Hogan has uttered not one public word about being homesick, being depressed or wanting to go home. Not a word. Carlton played hardball with Gibbs when they felt they were being lowballed by Adelaide in 2016. Gibbs stayed on another year and finished top three in the Blues B&F.

Don’t get sucked into an emotional pull at the heartstrings. Jesse Hogan is a professional footballer and he will accept a business decision the MFC makes concerning his and the club’s future. 

We owe Freo nothing. And the player in question is contracted. So I repeat, they can pay the freight or go away and roll with their rubbish forward line again in 2019.

I reckon youre partially correct. We hold the whip, but things seem to have now progressed towards there being plenty at stake for us too to get a trade done easily. If freo catch wind that we're waiting on it to acquire Gaff& May, then its feasible that we will settle for pick 5 and 9 or 10. They have the time issue to call a bluff and we have a significant deal on the cards that will mean we have zero interest in keeping him a year and need the cap relief.

Edited by johndemonic

Posters need to realise that the points deal to get Port's 9 and 10 is 4 AND 22 that Freo get from Brisbane for Neale.

The talk of us trading just pick 4 or even 5 for 9 +10 is fantasyland.  It's really not that hard to look up the points table.

Also 5 + 10 for Hogan values him much higher than 4 + 22 for Neale.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Posters need to realise that the points deal to get Port's 9 and 10 is 4 AND 22 that Freo get from Brisbane for Neale.

The talk of us trading just pick 4 or even 5 for 9 +10 is fantasyland.  It's really not that hard to look up the points table.

Also 5 + 10 for Hogan values him much higher than 4 + 22 for Neale.

Points mean nothing to us.

If Port want to get up to 4, they will trade 9 and 10. Simple as that. They don't care about how many points are in the balance.

3 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

Points mean nothing to us.

If Port want to get up to 4, they will trade 9 and 10. Simple as that. They don't care about how many points are in the balance.

[censored] they'll do the deal with Brisbane or Freo who hold the picks worth the equivalent points.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Thanks 1

My prediction: we're going to get reamed on what most would expect a fair Hogan deal. Then we're going to pay 'overs' with those rewards for incoming players. Then we win a premiership next year and everyone shuts the [censored] up. Simples. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Pick 4 = 2034 points. Pick 9 = 1469 points the difference is 565 points. Pick 33 = 563 points.

So pick 4 = pick 9 + 33.  The closest pick Port hold is pick 27.  If we offered pick 4 to Port they'd offer us back 9 + 27  which would still favour us.  There's no way they'd offer 9 + 10 which equals 2879.

It's not that hard. 

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Pick 4 = 2034 points. Pick 9 = 1469 points the difference is 565 points. Pick 33 = 563 points.

So pick 4 = pick 9 + 33.  The closest pick Port hold is pick 27.  If we offered pick 4 to Port they'd offer us back 9 + 27  which would still favour us.  There's no way they'd offer 9 + 10 which equals 2879.

It's not that hard. 

No one cares about points unless there is academy or FS bidding in play.

if we hold pick 4, we tell them give us 9/10 or say goodbye to Rankine.

56 minutes ago, No10 said:

Thanks Chook, can I ask what you think of the trade generally?

A player like Hogan is such a unique talent.

It is what it is, but wonder what your take on the vibe of it all is?

The industry think Weid is a bona fide superstar in waiting. Kennedy/Hawkins good. Combine that with another bloke who is an 3 goal a game player.....

cash the chips now. He was going one day. TAke the loot 

• Like 22
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Big T Mac said:

Hogan is a young Full Foward who would of been an All-Australian if he didn’t go down injured. 

Tell Fremantle if they want Hogan they have to do a straight swap with Brisbane. Pick 4 for Neale. Then we trade Hogan for pick 4 and 5. 

Treloar was traded for 2 pick 7s

Lachie Weller was traded for Pick 2 

Neale is worth Pick 4 

Hogan is worth Pick 4 & 5 

1 & 2