Tom McDonald Re-Signs for 4 Years

dbj1983

31 minutes ago, Rolling Stone said:

Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day.

All of BP's many failed early draft selections say hi as well.

Rolling, just guessing but are you holding off on buying a digital watch to see if they catch on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DeeZee said:

Who in their right mind would want to leave this club anyway?

The place is buzzing and we’re on the cusp of something special 

You would have to be from another planet to want to leave this club.

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We got better as soon as he went forward 

he takes grabs and rarely misses

Haven't lost since he came back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

On a side note, in this article Tom says he is over his foot injury https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tom-mcdonald-commits-to-melbourne-20180605-p4zjie.html

"...What also has McDonald happy is that he has found comfort with his footy boots, revealing the foot problem which had him in doubt for the clash against the Crows was a result of experimenting with the positioning of the studs on his boots......I got a bit sore with it. Since then, I have felt pretty good with it," he said.

Good to hear he can play relatively pain free.

Who was it posted after the Bulldogs game he was still in trouble with his foot?

• Thanks 1

Now THIS I have no trouble with in regards to the club advertising it.

Tommy Mc would definitely have many a suitor should he begin to equivocate over his contract status. The fact he didn't even look anywhere else is a big tick for the club.

Tommy having signed on for four more years. Doctor Who getting permanently banned. This is turning out to be quite a pleasant day!

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

15 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Now THIS I have no trouble with in regards to the club advertising it.

Tommy Mc would definitely have many a suitor should he begin to equivocate over his contract status. The fact he didn't even look anywhere else is a big tick for the club.

Tommy having signed on for four more years. Doctor Who getting permanently banned. This is turning out to be quite a pleasant day!

Well this is news... when did this great bit of admin happen?

I remember when he first went forward and i thought, oh dear....clutching at straws here, i didnt think he could kick straight. Wow talk about an elite forward. Just gets better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Well this is news... when did this great bit of admin happen?

In the Eddie McGuire/QB thread earlier today.

37 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

I guess having signed,  the next  big question is in what kind of pay bracket did he do it for. hopefully in a deal that gave us some room to target Gaff or Wines. 

I heard something on SEN, they said it was an absolute bargain. Was it around the 650-700K mark?

• Like 2

Such amazing news to wake up to in Lisbon this morning. Great result. 

Nev and Omac I assume are regulation signings now. Brayshaw probably will sign soon too. 

Wouldn’t it be awesome to get Jesse to sign an extension before the year is over? A flag might help this.

Now watch him do an ACL on Monday.

*runs away.

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 4

Seriously though, I'm pumped with this news. Could easily have fielded offers and watched his price go through the roof. How much would he have been worth on the open market? If his form held out, he would be looking at Million dollar P.A. offers from several clubs I reckon. 

Obviously, our offer was good enough for his commitment for the next 4 years. Im still super confident we will have a big pot of cash to throw at free/restricted agents at years end, and each win pushes down the price good players will accept to come to us. Success breeds success, and right now we are like a supermodels younger sister. Looking more attractive each day.

Thanks for signing Plugger.

5 hours ago, Dr.D said:

Great news! i used to hate this guy in the past as a backman with his poor foot skills and decision making, now I love him as a forward for his straight kicking. I love the turn around! 

It makes me wonder why he wasn't trialled as a forward earlier in his career. He was a forward as a junior, and whether we needed key position defender is irrelevant when he is a lot better as a forward. 

Last week at the dogs game, I noticed Oscar Mcdonald having shots for goal and he was slotting them beautifully with great technique. I wonder whether he could go forward in the same manner. On the other side, I wonder if Weideman could play back. He has the speed  and aerial prowess but he wouldn't need to mark it. Simply bring it to ground. Food for thought. 

That’s interesting ... Perhaps Weideman could be a Lever style intercept defender .. He looks the part actually !