Corey Maynard

Bobby Clark

6 minutes ago, old dee said:

I understand the excitement of watching new recruits at this time of the year it infects us all to some extent especially after the crap Dees supporters have been through over the last decade.

However it is that dancing with your sister time of the year.

Lets see how Maynard and others look when the real stuff starts.

4 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Lols at the Fyfe/Parker comparisons.

Srsly guys.

Agree, lets see how he goes at Casey first....not sure he's even played a senior game of footy at any level.

Yes he looks a good prospect but lets not get too carried away.

...baby steps.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spin-it-to-Goodwin-it said:

That's probably what Geelong supporters said about Mark Blicavs in the 2012 pre-season.

There's 28 in the JLT R1 squad plus Watts, Tyson, Hibberd, Kent, Frost, Pedersen, T.Smith, Jetta ahead of him at least.  That makes 36.  He may become a good player but he has an apprenticeship to serve and there are others like J.Smith who have done that and are more advanced that I want to see.

• Like 1

Just now, Redleg said:

My wife took the bet fir you  and you owe her $100.

Sorry Red. I bet YOU $100. 

If she did have the bet I would like to wait a few decades to see when you start again. What about $1?

6 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Sorry Red. I bet YOU $100. 

If she did have the bet I would like to wait a few decades to see when you start again. What about $1?

One of the reasons I stopped betting was to avoid disputes over the bet when others lost.?

• Like 2

He's a long way off. He won't get a look in for the first half of the season and if we go as well as we all hope (with some justification) he won't get a look in all year. He needs to look towards putting in a really solid year at Casey and maybe next year. In my humble opinion.

I really like the look of Johnstone from the latest set of recruits.

Maynard should play first 10-12 games in Casey development and then see about slotting into Casey 1sts.

At least 12-24 of development ahead but Yes he is an athlete.

Joel Smith is ready to rock in 2017 and will be knocking on the door for selection by June.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see that Maynard is already on the coaches radar from his presser quotes today.
For a player, as a Category B rookie, to have not even played an official VFL game yet, he must've seriously impressed the
hierarchy with his improvement.
For the track watchers, or those that have seen the VFL practice matches, can anyone tell me where he's being primarily playing?

39 minutes ago, DemonDave said:

Interesting to see that Maynard is already on the coaches radar from his presser quotes today.
For a player, as a Category B rookie, to have not even played an official VFL game yet, he must've seriously impressed the
hierarchy with his improvement.
For the track watchers, or those that have seen the VFL practice matches, can anyone tell me where he's being primarily playing?

Watched him since day one, like a sponge asking questions,  coaches reckon another who is really coachable

His development on par with Joel Smith, it's not as if he has never played footy, he did TAC cup

Big bodied inside mid, had a good chat to him last Sunday, he said he had gone ok, Plapp agreed so it seems

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

" Corey Maynard, I keep telling you, he is the one. He is powerful and had a ripping VFL finals. He will be there." - a quote from Dollars... can anyone shed some light on him for me, midfielder? forward? has he got talent? has he got weapons?

• Like 2

He was stiff to get dropped after the GWS game. From memory I think he got 18 touches and a goal on debut which is pretty bloody good.

I think as far as blokes 'having it between the ears' in order to succeed go, Maynard seems to be leaving nothing to chance.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, McQueen said:

He was stiff to get dropped after the GWS game. From memory I think he got 18 touches and a goal on debut which is pretty bloody good.

I think as far as blokes 'having it between the ears' in order to succeed go, Maynard seems to be leaving nothing to chance.

I'm with you, Steve.  I have no idea why he was dropped after that GWS game.  His figures for that game stacked up pretty bloody well I thought.

Will put it down to "development".  The coaches know what they are doing.  I personally have NFI.

I remember watching a VFL game earlier his year, and specifically remember number 48 being a class above, without knowing who 48 was!  Was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was Maynard.  Just hope he can be more than that "too good for VFL, not good enough for AFL" player.  If he can take the required steps to ensure that happens, he's been an astute pick up.

• Like 3