• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' DOPING SAGA - THE FAT LADY SINGS

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Maybe we should have axed them well before, so we could have got more draft picks?  

I don't think any of them should ever play again as i don't believe the players were duped. If they had been then not all 34 would have lied on the waiver forms. 

I will never know why at that point WADA did not just throw the book at all of them...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don't think any of them should ever play again as i don't believe the players were duped. If they had been then not all 34 would have lied on the waiver forms. 

I will never know why at that point WADA did not just throw the book at all of them...

Precisely, and other than conjecture, no-one in the public domain ever will.  So regardless of their guilt, naivety or otherwise, there is an ample school of thought on here that these young men should be totally deprived of their careers, despite the obvious culpability of their 'employer'?

I just hope I will never have to appear before the 'Star Chamber' that is Demonland.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Dank's has to go into the history books as the greatest coward in Aussie sport. He not only failed to get himself off but, despite his bluster, never lifted a finger to deliver on his oft repeated promise to help players get off. Weak.

But WJ he is completely mad.

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No i am not, but i have to put up with it

Sums my view as well. We took a coach and two players who were in it up to their eyeballs. And we nearly had Dank associated with the club. 

So we need to be careful talking about principles and damning the players and the EFC. We had an opportunity to take a principled stand but fell at the hurdle and decided to take an expedient or practical decision. We have got a good coach and two good players but at the expense of principle (my view).

Our club position is a disappointment to me, but time to move on. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Precisely, and other than conjecture, no-one in the public domain ever will.  So regardless of their guilt, naivety or otherwise, there is an ample school of thought on here that these young men should be totally deprived of their careers, despite the obvious culpability of their 'employer'?

I just hope I will never have to appear before the 'Star Chamber' that is Demonland.

Then why did all 34 lie about the same question to WADA?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Sums my view as well. We took a coach and two players who were in it up to their eyeballs. And we nearly had Dank associated with the club. 

So we need to be careful talking about principles and damning the players and the EFC. We had an opportunity to take a principled stand but fell at the hurdle and decided to take an expedient or practical decision. We have got a good coach and two good players but at the expense of principle (my view).

If we had gone longer with Dank and got done over Ernest, my opinions on this whole saga would not change at all. 

Anyone found guilty of PED use should be banned for life. 

Only way to clean up the sport

29 minutes ago, hemingway said:

That encapsulates my view perfectly Ernest. Especially the last line, that is where I am right now.

• Like 1

I think you want to target your fire a little more acutely, SWYL.

Yes, the players were culpable. They were caught and served their time. They will never be able to remove the label of drug cheat.

But if you want to fire buckshot over all and sundry, reserve it for the architects of the scheme, and the ones who were going to (literally) profit by it. There has been some price to pay, but by and large they have gotten off very lightly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Yes, the players were culpable. They were caught and served their time. They will never be able to remove the label of drug cheat.

But if you want to fire buckshot over all and sundry, reserve it for the architects of the scheme, and the ones who were going to (literally) profit by it. There has been some price to pay, but by and large they have gotten off very lightly.

Everyone was involved

"Ignorance is no excuse" the first rule of law i was taught. 

I am sure the players thought they would profit by being a part of the scheme..

4 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

For those who want to stand on principle, with regards to this issue, I am assuming you will not be attending games in which the 2 recruits we got from the EFC are named in our 22?

If that criteria is applied to the coach iv'a they will miss the next flag as well.

4 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

For those who want to stand on principle, with regards to this issue, I am assuming you will not be attending games in which the 2 recruits we got from the EFC are named in our 22?

Similar to my Uncle who did not support Richmond whilst Ben Cousins was on their list...

11 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

I don't know.  Do you?

It speaks volumes for the custodians of the game that nobody really cares to find out. 

Instead the club who cheated is given first pick in the draft...

$$$ are more important

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Similar to my Uncle who did not support Richmond whilst Ben Cousins was on their list...

SWYL the hater is usually more affect than the hated.

Time to put it behind you or it will spoil your AFL watching forever.

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It speaks volumes for the custodians of the game that nobody really cares to find out. 

Instead the club who cheated is given first pick in the draft...

$$$ are more important

On that you're correct.  Accept, I think the "custodians" did find out, but had rather not known for the sake of expediency.  On that, I am in 100% agreement.

The AFL have a record of getting splinters in their collective posteriors from sitting on so many fences.  But SWYL, ya just gotta go to the footy.  The club is bigger than the 2 individuals concerned.  As for Cousins, I consider that to be an entirely different scenario.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

SWYL the hater is usually more affect than the hated.

Time to put it behind you or it will spoil your AFL watching forever.

May have already happened OD

the mere fact that The 34 players and staff are being shown sympathy now after they openly lied and evidence was destroyed makes me sick

I used to love watching the Olympics every 4 years  

now i do not even turn a TV when they are on

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

On that you're correct.  Accept, I think the "custodians" did find out, but had rather not known for the sake of expediency.  On that, I am in 100% agreement.

The AFL have a record of getting splinters in their collective posteriors from sitting on so many fences.  But SWYL, ya just gotta go to the footy.  The club is bigger than the 2 individuals concerned.  As for Cousins, I consider that to be an entirely different scenario.

I hear what you are saying. But i am just very angry that the door is still open for PED use, just make sure all paperwork and HD Records are destroyed. 

A team will try it again down the track...

25 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

100% agree with all of the above. I'd add that once the players have served their time there should be no further punishment

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

May have already happened OD

the mere fact that The 34 players and staff are being shown sympathy now after they openly lied and evidence was destroyed makes me sick

I used to love watching the Olympics every 4 years  

now i do not even turn a TV when they are on

I agree I do exactly the same re the Olympics and as far as AFL is concerned 99% of my interest is now centred on the MFC.

For me to continue to enjoy the Dees I have to try and forget Essendrug and their x players now on our list.

I continue on that basis.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, binman said:

100% agree with all of the above. I'd add that once the players have served their time there should be no further punishment

It is regrettable that after "serving their time" there has been acknowledgement of wrong doing.

Protestation of innocence has been the only constant.

I would find it easier to move on were their some recognition of what was done and a statement to never repeat the circumstances. Any publicity of any participants should be used to educate the next generation of what should be done.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, binman said:

Agreed, with the addition that they should also not be rewarded.

I find the idea of Heppell as captain because he's "grown as a person" whilst being banned for drug cheating sickening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dpositive said:

Protestation of innocence has been the only constant.

There has been one other constant: The Sports Scientist Went Rogue, thereby protecting the architects of the programme from proper scrutiny.

All this recent huffing about Dank and his "appeal", how he is a Villain of the Highest Order, but not one word about those who recruited him and sent him to work.

Our dull witted compliant media have fallen in behind the AFL in lockstep.

1 hour ago, dpositive said:

I would find it easier to move on were their some recognition of what was done and a statement to never repeat the circumstances. Any publicity of any participants should be used to educate the next generation of what should be done.

The propaganda offensive has been quite the success. It seems even the participants feel they did nothing wrong and are hard done by.

And all along the AFL have not cared about any of what you say, except where it has hurt the bottom line.

• Like 1

This team deserves to be booed everytime they take the field especially their former capitan 

Is Hird the T#$d still at the Sorbone or has he graduated to some US based business school