Glen Jakovich v Chris Connolly

Tony Tea

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Glen Jakovich said nothing out of place. Connolly should not even comment on the game after the damage he was part of at The MFC. 

The All Australian is 22 spots

that is all you can fit

Are you serious? 60% of clubs have tanked in one form or another. We got thrown under the bus unfairly. CC and bailey were made scapegoats. I hated it when we were tanking, but to say that CC shouldn't be allowed to comment on football is mind-numbingly stupid.

Answer this. Should Bomber Thompson be allowed to comment on football given that he was part of something far more heinous than CC?

Jakovich was correct in his response apart from getting personal. For this he's a moron.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Are you serious? 60% of clubs have tanked in one form or another. We got thrown under the bus unfairly. CC and bailey were made scapegoats. I hated it when we were tanking, but to say that CC shouldn't be allowed to comment on football is mind-numbingly stupid.

Answer this. Should Bomber Thompson be allowed to comment on football given that he was part of something far more heinous than CC?

Jakovich was correct in his response apart from getting personal. For this he's a moron.

We have different opinions

CC thought it was all a joke when we were tanking. 

It was anything but. Scapegoat. Not sure about that

Connolly and Schwab were up to their necks in it all. 

I would love to get personal with both Connolly and Schwab

fked our club good and proper

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We have different opinions

CC thought it was all a joke when we were tanking. 

It was anything but. Scapegoat. Not sure about that

Connolly and Schwab were up to their necks in it all. 

I would love to get personal with both Connolly and Schwab

fked our club good and proper

Jakovich went way over the top. He can stick his tanking fair up his ass.

Did Connolly criticise his choice of W.A players alone, or did he mention that there will always be a massive question mark of the thought processes of anyone who played for the Eagles in Jacko's time, because of the rampant drug use?

[censored] him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Jakovich went way over the top. He can stick his tanking fair up his ass.

Did Connolly criticise his choice of W.A players alone, or did he mention that there will always be a massive question mark of the thought processes of anyone who played for the Eagles in Jacko's time, because of the rampant drug use?

[censored] him.

Different Topic. As Jako says "who comes out of the side to accomodate Lachie?"

when i hear Connolly talk tactics on ABC Radio i have to switch it off.

For me he lost all cred over the Tanking issue. He wasn't alone. But as a coach he should have known better. Playing to lose is very dangerous. 

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Different Topic. As Jako says "who comes out of the side to accomodate Lachie?"

when i hear Connolly talk tactics on ABC Radio i have to switch it off.

For me he lost all cred over the Tanking issue. He wasn't alone. But as a coach he should have known better. Playing to lose is very dangerous. 

Not a different topic at all SWYL.

Jackovich absolutely teed off on Connolly, and brought up the past to back it up, including a huge slight on our club.

One already dead and another on the way, from drug use that was present while Jacko was playing. Connolly hasn't stooped to that level, so why would Jacko go in so hard?

Glass houses Glen Jackovich, glass houses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

Not a different topic at all SWYL.

Jackovich absolutely teed off on Connolly, and brought up the past to back it up, including a huge slight on our club.

One already dead and another on the way, from drug use that was present while Jacko was playing. Connolly hasn't stooped to that level, so why would Jacko go in so hard?

Glass houses Glen Jackovich, glass houses.

Glen was the best CHB in the 90's in a very tough era

What he said about Connolly was fairly harsh but it wasn't wrong

32 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Glen was the best CHB in the 90's in a very tough era

What he said about Connolly was fairly harsh but it wasn't wrong

Now if anything is irrelevant to what he said, it's that.

Anyone who lines up our club in that fashion when it's completely uncalled for, can gagf.

Edited by faultydet

He wasn't even accurate - Connolly was at Melbourne during the late 80s when we were successful and higher up the pecking order than West Coast. He also took Freo to their first finals series and the their first Prelim. To call both sides 'crap clubs' is untrue. 

Connolly didn't cover himself in glory with the tanking stuff, but whilst tanking is out of vogue now, it was very much in fashion back then. Clubs that went on to win premierships clearly tanked. 

Perhaps the weirdest thing of his whole rant was that he said he "flew the flag" for the WA clubs with regards to All-Australian selection. Um...shouldn't you just picking blokes on merit?

• Like 8

I think Jakovich  got a bit too personal and over reacted. Must be a private feud going on.   I hope he  brings up their drug shame to counter balance but I don't think he will.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

Just now, faultydet said:

Now if anything is irrelevant to the what he said, it's that.

Anyone who lines up our club in that fashion when it's completely uncalled for, can gagf.

Look mate. Glen has runs on the Board. Chris has very few. That is the reality. 

We all know what The MFC went through and yes Meth Coke are what they are.

But if Connolly fired a shot at Jakovich then he must have been aware that a barrage of incoming mortar would return...

But if Connolly fired a shot at Jakovich then he must have been aware that a barrage of incoming mortar would return...

Can you possibly post exactly what Connolly said please? I would like to see for myself what brought on the full frontal assault from Jacko.

Maybe he was high when he wrote the story.

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

As a player, I agree, but you have to learn to draw the line SWYL, once they are not a player, we have no idea what they are really like and what agendas they are driving, similar to the Ox

Edited by Satyriconhome

4 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

He wasn't even accurate - Connolly was at Melbourne during the late 80s when we were successful and higher up the pecking order than West Coast. He also took Freo to their first finals series and the their first Prelim. To call both sides 'crap clubs' is untrue. 

Connolly didn't cover himself in glory with the tanking stuff, but whilst tanking is out of vogue now, it was very much in fashion back then. Clubs that went on to win premierships clearly tanked. 

Perhaps the weirdest thing of his whole rant was that he said he "flew the flag" for the WA clubs with regards to All-Australian selection. Um...shouldn't you just picking blokes on merit?

Although it's entirely possible that the AFL appointed him for exactly that role. Couldn't imagine it would be free of bias if it was all eastern state judges.

You would see Pendles nominated on every line, from F.B to F.F

3 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Can you possibly post exactly what Connolly said please? I would like to see for myself what brought on the full frontal assault from Jacko.

Maybe he was high when he wrote the story.

I am just reading from the article. 

I am dodging enough shite of my own in The Phils right now. 

This joint is so close to falling into chaos!!

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I am just reading from the article. 

I am dodging enough shite of my own in The Phils right now. 

This joint is so close to falling into chaos!!

Don't go anywhere near people with drugs, and if you need a safe house, I can find you one fast if you are in the right area. Let me know.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Although it's entirely possible that the AFL appointed him for exactly that role. Couldn't imagine it would be free of bias if it was all eastern state judges.

You would see Pendles nominated on every line, from F.B to F.F

Sure. When do we ever see Meth Coke or The Shockers on FTA

1 minute ago, faultydet said:

Don't go anywhere near people with drugs, and if you need a safe house, I can find you one fast if you are in the right area. Let me know.

I am in Cebu City. It seems to be ok. I may head down to Angeles next week. Fly down to Clark if i can a seat

I am in Cebu City. It seems to be ok. I may head down to Angeles next week. Fly down to Clark if i can a seat

I know lots of people there. It's where I lived (as you know) and did the Medical Mission volunteer work.

P.M SWYL, so we don't clog the thread.

• Like 1

Hypocrisy thy name is Jacko! Tanking accusations from a side that managed to pull Luke Shuey as a priority pick in the 2008 draft just 2 seasons after winning a drug fuelled flag! Give me a break. 

• Like 5