CASEY SCORPIONS v BOX HILL HAWKS

KC from Casey

This week's Casey Scorpions night game at home against the powerful Box Hill Hawks promises to be a ripper. 

Congratulations also to forward Tim Smith who has been added to the VFL state squad.

PETER JACKSON VFL 2016
Saturday 21 May
Casey Fields at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: Grimes Dunn Newton
HB: White Hutchins Munro
C: Kent Trengove Salem 
HF: Hunt O McDonald Harmes
F: Hulett T Smith Frost
FOLL: Spencer Neal-Bullen Dawes
I/C (from): Briggs D Collis Glen* Keilty Max King Morris Pattison Scott J Smith Terlich vandenBerg Weideman K Wilson

BOX HILL HAWKS

B: Hearherley Spangher Lewis
HB: Miles Litherland Mirra 
C: Willsmore Howe Lock
HF: Hardwick Whitecross Stewart 
F: Iles Schoenmakers Langford
FOLL: Pittonet O'Rourke Lovell 
I/C (from): Evans Gordon Jones Lawler Murphy* Socchio Summers Walker Warren

* 23rd player

AFL VICTORIA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE
Saturday 21 May
Casey Fields at 4.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: Hannon J Smith Lovett
HB: Rutherford Vander Haar Briggs
C: Ambler Muir Scott
HF: Ferrera Max King D Collis
F: Baker Gains K Wilson 
FOLL: McInerney Cotte Pattison
I/C (from) Anderson Batten Beacom W Collis Di Pasquale Freeman Gordon Hillard Jaffer-Williams Damian Johnston Daniel Johnston Machaya Moncrieff Wyatt

BOX HILL HAWKS

B: Bond Gordon Brolic
HB: Cox Summers Walker
C: Dimasi Evans Lock
HF: Lawler Jones Soccio
F: Webster Surman Firns
FOLL: O'Sullivan Fisher Horner
I/C (from): Cavanagh Hehir Jeffs Keppell J Kidd L Jidd Kilpatrick Smith Sullivan Switkowski Tobin Traynor Williams 

• Like 1

That's a strong and experienced Hawks team.  A win will set Casey's season up really well, and speak volumes about Melbourne's depth. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Am I right that vanders will be making his Casey debut?

Off the MFC website titled, "No Time frame for Lumumba"

In better news for Melbourne, utility Aaron vandenBerg is set to play this weekend for Casey, after missing the past five rounds with an ankle injury.

“Vanders is going to play VFL this week against Box Hill. He’s trained really well the past few weeks and he’s rehabbed that ankle really well and he’s looking forward to playing,” Misson said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Am I right that vanders will be making his Casey debut?

That's my recollection also.  Fairly certain he came straight into the Melbourne seniors at the start of last year, and has played all his games at that level.

Yes noticed Vanders at training this week and looked ready to go.

Terlich  Dunn  Frost

Grimes Hutchins* White

Munro*  Trengove Vandenburg

Newton Dawes Tim Smith*

Hulett Weideman Briggs*

Spencer  Salem Morris*

Max King J.Smith  Keilty*  Pattison*  

Glen (23rd)

Injured. Brayshaw Mitch King (season) Lamumba-1 JKH-1 M.Jones-1 Pedersen-1 Jetta-1 (susp)

Edited by spirit of norm smith
spelling

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes noticed Vanders at training this week and looked ready to go.

Terlich  Dunn  Frost

Grimes Hutchins* White

Munro*  Trengove Vandenburg

Newton Dawes Tim Smith*

Hulett Weideman Briggs*

Spencer  Salem Morris*

Max King J.Smith  Keilty*  Pattison*  

Glen (23rd)

Injured. Brayshaw Mitch King (season) Lamumba-1 JKH-1 M.Jones-1 Pedersen-1 Jetta-1 (susp)

Not a bad team for Casey this week. of the 15 MFC players named in the team only 4 ( Hulett, Weideman, Max King and Smith) have not had first team experience.

They're gonna miss ANB down there. 30 touches and probably a goal gone from the side. Hopefully Vanders can walk straight in and dominate for Casey as he has for Melbourne in the past and they push Salem into the midfield for a fair chunk of the game to get his hands on the ball.

Wow, O'Rourke crossing from gws to Hawthorn has done wonders for his career. I hope he is enjoying the noodle box at Box Hill....

We may have burnt a pick selecting Toumpas at 4, but O'Rourke has to be the biggest bust of the 2012 draft.

• Like 2

Just now, Adzman said:

Wow, O'Rourke crossing from gws to Hawthorn has done wonders for his career. I hope he is enjoying the noodle box at Box Hill....

We may have burnt a pick selecting Toumpas at 4, but O'Rourke has to be the biggest bust of the 2012 draft.

O'Rourke was greedy by choosing the Hawks.  He thought he would rock up there and win a flag, yet he chose a side at the peak of it's powers and he can't get a run.  He would have been much better going to a middle of the road club, like the Saints for example, where he would have been given far more opportunities.  

Instead he is languishing in the reserves and his football career is at a stand still.

• Like 3

Thanks KC & Hells Bells, really appreciate every bit of info and updates on Casey. I agree we have come a long way over the past two and a bit years.  - Go Scorps!!

3 hours ago, Adzman said:

O'Rourke, Toumpas, Morton, Aish and Kane Lucas could all be the same player.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely spewin' that I can't make it to this game tonight as I have a prior commitment,will keep a keen eye on this thread this evening.

Go Casey,a win against the Hawks would be awesome.

6 hours ago, Adzman said:

The only thing is it didn't matter a bit to GWS, they had a whole bunch more first round picks to get right or wrong...it was a numbers game for them they were going to get something good  but for us it was a very important pick and we got it wrong.

• Like 1