Just what the club needs another year of speculation 

I really think the club should bring the situation to a head before next season

If Hoges isnt 100% committed then do the deal and PZZ him off

• Like 3

On 9/1/2016 at 8:02 AM, jackaub said:

Just what the club needs another year of speculation 

I really think the club should bring the situation to a head before next season

If Hoges isnt 100% committed then do the deal and PZZ him off

Jesse has a contract, if he wants to spend the year deciding we can't do much, we can delist him and let him walk to another club but ultimately it's up to him, 

good clubs retain their good players so it's as important for us to not be scared off and to get it right as it is for him

23 minutes ago, Abe said:

Jesse has a contract, if he wants to spend the year deciding we can't do much, we can delist him and let him walk to another club but ultimately it's up to him, 

good clubs retain their good players so it's as important for us to not be scared off and to get it right as it is for him

Don't actually think this is so. 

Hawthorn lost Franklin, Geelong, Ablett, Adelaide, Tippett and Dangerfield yet they are all in the top part of the table. Hogan's case isn't as desire as painted by Dee tragics. He seemed to glide around at Casey Scorpions level and had an ok kicking action, but now seems too big, stuck in the goal square, and plants his non-kicking foot deep into the soil every time he roosts it a la Earl of Spaulding.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Hawthorn lost Franklin, Geelong, Ablett, Adelaide, Tippett and Dangerfield yet they are all in the top part of the table. Hogan's case isn't as desire as painted by Dee tragics. He seemed to glide around at Casey Scorpions level and had an ok kicking action, but now seems too big, stuck in the goal square, and plants his non-kicking foot deep into the soil every time he roosts it a la Earl of Spaulding.

Those names you mentioned also played some really good football as they were deciding on leaving. Good players deliver for good clubs no matter what.  We had Scully and Frawley making time and Hogan appears no different and likely wasting our time.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Your saying Abe that the club cannot bring it to a head or will not. Play him at Casey for the year in that case

The last thing this club needs is some Bull S#@t side show going on giving instability

Edited by jackaub
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JV7 said:

I'm suprised no'one has mentioned Roos' comments on Open Mike last night... Something along the lines of Melbourne along with the rest of the comp face a challenge keeping interstate players and IF Jesse were to leave it would be based on family & where he wants to live not because of the direction of the footy club. Didn't feel me with great confidence 

Reading that made me nervous, then this...

15 hours ago, Redleg said:

No, it didn't sound good.

...as you are usually a voice of reason 'Redleg' those few words put me in the 'hand wringing' category:unsure:

Now, having seen the Open Mike interview, it was the 2nd time in a week Roos was asked about Hogan.  Both responses were all about the lure of family.   Neither time did he indicate the club and Hogan's management were in talks nor a timeline for talks.

But, I would be very surprised if the club did not know his contract intentions.  So at least it can make informed recruiting decisions this year.  Right now I think that is the most important thing for the club. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bush demon said:

I just come here to see if there is any news, I should know better by now. I'd like him to stay. Trades other than A graders generally are hope over reality as is the talk of the value of a high draft pick (always a lottery). Hogan is a known quantity who will get better. As for "stuck in the goal square" I didnt see that, in fact he takes very good marks at high half forward and wing and spends a lot of time roaming. His kicking will improve. I think he is really hard on himself which is a problem and he gets all the attention from the backs often double teamed.

As for the responses here to his decision process most of the responses sound a bit like a discussion between bachelorettes my niece forced me to watch on the bachelor. Speaking of which some way back someone mentioned he had split with his girlfriend that sort of thiing could be a major factor in his poor form if my distant memory of  that sort of thing is right. He may have a sick family member at home. Just so many things that cold be going on.

I noticed unlike other clubs we have made no list announcements which suggests to me we are talking to him and others and need to align everything first. I just hope Mahony isn't seen holding a red rose.

• Like 2

We arent making finals in 2017 with a half assed Jesse Hogan preserving his body for his next employer and bringing the morale down.

If he wants to go it has to be this trade period. Unfortunately he holds all the aces.

Edited by Petraccattack

8 minutes ago, Robbie57 said:

I just come here to see if there is any news, I should know better by now. I'd like him to stay. Trades other than A graders generally are hope over reality as is the talk of the value of a high draft pick (always a lottery). Hogan is a known quantity who will get better. As for "stuck in the goal square" I didnt see that, in fact he takes very good marks at high half forward and wing and spends a lot of time roaming. His kicking will improve. I think he is really hard on himself which is a problem and he gets all the attention from the backs often double teamed.

As for the responses here to his decision process most of the responses sound a bit like a discussion between bachelorettes my niece forced me to watch on the bachelor. Speaking of which some way back someone mentioned he had split with his girlfriend that sort of thiing could be a major factor in his poor form if my distant memory of  that sort of thing is right. He may have a sick family member at home. Just so many things that cold be going on.

I noticed unlike other clubs we have made no list announcements which suggests to me we are talking to him and others and need to align everything first. I just hope Mahony isn't seen holding a red rose.

He may take a swag of marks upfield and usually in no mans land but his decision making and disposal afterwards has been unimpressive and usually momentum killing.

I badly want him to stay. He is going to be a star of the comp, and I want that to be with us. Don't let a few ordinary games blind you to his awesome talent.

On a side issue, what's with people needing to be with their mummy? God damn there are some soft cokcs around. Ever heard of skype, and QANTAS?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, faultydet said:

I badly want him to stay. He is going to be a star of the comp, and I want that to be with us. Don't let a few ordinary games blind you to his awesome talent.

On a side issue, what's with people needing to be with their mummy? God damn there are some soft cokcs around. Ever heard of skype, and QANTAS?

Don't know about the modern generations but when I grew up it was common for young adults to move away as far as possible at the first opportunity from parents to be independent. These days a lot of young people stay at home far longer due to economic considerations like high cost of housing and lack of career structures. It is unlikely though that Hogan needs the spare bedroom at mummies. He can afford to buy his parents their own mansion soon enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP5 said:

I'd hate to be in the trenches with many of you.

When the enemy arrives I might fight them or I might fight with them, I'll let you know when they get here.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2016 at 8:55 AM, jackaub said:

Your saying Abe that the club cannot bring it to a head or will not. Play him at Casey for the year in that case

The last thing this club needs is some Bull S#@t side show going on giving instability

I have always said i think Jesse will stay so it's a non issue, but...

the club in a hyperthetical world can't do much, Jesse has a contract and the only way he gets traded is if he wants to, you can't play a guy like Jesse at Casey for not making a decision fast enough when they still have a year to run on their contract, it would make every player avoid us, and those already on our list very nervous. 

10 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Great. I still watch "Koyaanisquatsi" which although Francis didn't direct but i am fairly sure he help bankroll it

piece of cinema Genius

The entire trilogy is brilliant!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

When the enemy arrives I might fight them or I might fight with them, I'll let you know when they get here.

Depends on their body language.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Abe said:

I have always said i think Jesse will stay so it's a non issue, but...

the club in a hyperthetical world can't do much, Jesse has a contract and the only way he gets traded is if he wants to, you can't play a guy like Jesse at Casey for not making a decision fast enough when they still have a year to run on their contract, it would make every player avoid us, and those already on our list very nervous. 

If he plays like Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfleild in their last season at their first clubs he gets a game. If he flucks us around with half arsed efforts he can pasture at Casey.

On 9/1/2016 at 10:20 AM, america de cali said:

If he plays like Ablett, Franklin and Dangerfleild in their last season he gets a game. If he Flucks us around he can pasture at Casey.

sure but that's a different discussion, there is a difference between dropping someone for poor form and dropping someone because they aren't sure if they'll stay and go at years and trying to pressure a decision.

1 minute ago, Abe said:

sure but that's a different discussion, there is a difference between dropping someone for poor form and dropping someone because they aren't sure if they'll stay and go at years and trying to pressure a decision.

Are you sure he is unsure?

On 9/1/2016 at 10:24 AM, america de cali said:

Are you sure he is unsure?

I reckon if you read back through the posts you'll find the answer, i think Jesse will stay and it's a non issue but i was responding to another posters comment.

8 minutes ago, Abe said:

I reckon if you read back through the posts you'll find the answer, i think Jesse will stay and it's a non issue but i was responding to another posters comment.

With this family 'situation' though Abe, I can't see it changing in 12 months. If he is still unsure at best now I doubt it'll change by the end of next year.