Roos flags possible Dees-GWS Grand Final

RedLegs23

4 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

My membership guarantees me one, I've always wondered do we keep level 2 if this were to happen.

You don't as far as I'm aware. You'll be given access to buy a ticket in the allocated Melbourne members area which could be anywhere from level 1 on the wing to the back of the top deck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DubDee said:

might be an idea to win a few games or even make finals before we even consider this stuff

yes, im still burnt from ~2010 thinking we were actually on the rise.

oh that season hurts a lot now in retrospect 

This is my worst nightmare.

The long suffering supporters of the oldest club in the land, supporters who have watched on through 50+ years of disappointment and heartbreak.  Losing in a Grand Final to a soulless team that has been manufactured by the governing body.  A team that has been gifted the best talent in the land for the best part of the 4 years they’ve been in existence for.  A team that most barely think about, let alone have a passion for to be handed a gift wrapped premiership.   We’re all expected to just shrug our shoulders and accept it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hells bells said:

The long suffering supporters of the oldest club in the land, supporters who have watched on through 50+ years of disappointment and heartbreak.  Losing in a Grand Final to a soulless team that has been manufactured by the governing body.  A team that has been gifted the best talent in the land for the best part of the 4 years they’ve been in existence for.  A team that most barely think about, let alone have a passion for to be handed a gift wrapped premiership.   We’re all expected to just shrug our shoulders and accept it. 

Except we wouldn't lose.

I'm not sure why some supporters cringe, as Roos' suggestion is not only plausible it has to be the club's private (and public) goal. 

I'm of the belief that NO club is ever more than 7-8 years from a flag on the proviso they do everything right and have a modicum of luck.  

People forget that Hawthorn supporters were calling for Clarkson's head in his first year (2005), yet by 2008 he had a flag in his bag.

Matthews won a flag in his third year at Brisbane and within 5 at Collingwood.   

Sydney won in 2005 and again in 2012 - only 5 players played in the second (I can hear COLA being typed).

Malthouse lost the 2003 GF went back down the bottom and 7 seasons later won in 2010.

Bomber Thompson won in his 8th season. 

Start up teams Port, Crows and Eagles all won in the 6-8 year period from their inception (I'm not going to analyse every advantage granted to them).

This is Roos third season and it's obvious that we finally have genuine talent on our list.  To suggest that we have every opportunity to fight for a flag within 3-5 years is reasonable and within historic 7-8 year time frames. 

• Like 8

Particularly liked Roos's  bit about the light switch.

Obviously places degree of importance in this opening game. So do I. Got to be total hardness at the contest. We should be able to sense it at the bounce

and no turning back.

• Like 1

What an appalling piece of 'journalism'.

Roos says

'GWS and Gold coast are also young and developing fast, maybe a bit ahead of us still, we'll see'

and

'Obviously we are looking to rise up to the top level in the next few years, at the same time we anticipate they will, so...'

"In the best of all words..."

And that gets turned into a "prediction' of a GWS/Demon Grand Final.

[censored] stuff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hells bells said:

Which is why we'd have to smash them. For the good of the game.

On 21/03/2016 at 11:06 AM, 13thFlagIsComing said:

Would be nice to see 100,000 sets of moneybags come late September 2018

004405-melbourne-fans.jpg

We may not need the money bags 13th!  He has been dumpedd from the leadership team so he may not be in the GWS team that we beat for the 13thFlag (to honour you moniker)! 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-22/scully-dumped-as-giants-add-new-blood-to-leadership-group?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

Wouldn't that be a sweet victory and great poetic justice...the team he shunted defeats the team he ran to in their first GF.  Just hope he is in their team so we can rub his nose into the hallowed MCG turf!

Jimmy's memory would be truly honoured in more ways than one!!

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

We may not need the money bags 13th!  He has been dumpedd from the leadership team so he may not be in the GWS team that we beat for the 13thFlag (to honour you moniker)! 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-22/scully-dumped-as-giants-add-new-blood-to-leadership-group?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News

Wouldn't that be a sweet victory and great poetic justice...the team he shunted defeats the team he ran to in their first GF.  Just hope he is in their team so we can rub his nose into the hallowed MCG turf!

Jimmy's memory would be truly honoured in more ways than one!!

I'd rather see him be unable to crack their squad, something that I think is a distinct probability.

I'm happy to merely make the eight this year and then watch Freo beat Hawthorn in the Grand Final. Oliver to win the Rising Star. Viney to be runner-up in the Brownlow. Casey to win a Premiership.

Next year l want us to finish Top Four and content to watch GWS demolish the Dogs in the Grand Final. Hogan to win the Coleman Medal. Oliver to win the Bronlow.

in 2018 l want nothing less than for us to knock off Collingwood in the Grand Final (for old times sake)! Oliver for Norm Smith medal. Hogan to win his second Coleman. Petracca to win the Brownlow.

In 2019 and 2020 l want us to back up for two more flags also against Collingwood! Viney captain and Petracca and Brayshaw get the Norm Smiths. Weideman and Hogan tie for the Coleman Medal twice in a row. Vanders and Salem both win Bronlows.

AND in 2021, l want us to create history by winning our fourth against Collingwood on the trot in front of 100,000 passionate  Melbourne FC members (many of whom had defected from Essendon)! Salem to win the Norm Smith Medal. Weideman to win his third Coleman Medal. An aging Viney to win the Brownlow.

Now I have revealed my long term aspirations, I hope that we trounce GWS this Saturday!