• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Roos recalls Petracca blast.

dazzledavey36

Angry Demons make sure Petracca learns lesson after basketball injury

Well fair to say we all knew that Roosy would have blasted Petracca but what I found interesting is that he also names Hogan as someone that must not cut corners if he wants to succeed.

Thoughts.

On 20 March 2016 at 8:50 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Angry Demons make sure Petracca learns lesson after basketball injury

Well fair to say we all knew that Roosy would have blasted Petracca but what I found interesting is that he also names Hogan as someone that must not cut corners if he wants to succeed.

Thoughts.

2 things I got out of that:

Very happy to hear Roos giving Petracca a serve and setting the standards.  It can only be a good thing going forward.

The other is that I reckon Roosy just used Hogan as an example.  He mentions how often he goes to them for advice and things to work on, and so he used him as an example that is similar to Petracca.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-20/demons-make-sure-christian-petracca-learns-lesson-after-basketball-injury

Thoughts.

I hope that's not why contract talks are on hold. No I in team?

1 minute ago, Deestroy All said:

Not sure any of it needed a public announcement.

I like it. Roos is here to identify and fix a rotten culture. I'm sure that he is aware that in the years before his arrival we were the type of amateurish organisation that would allow young talent like CP and JH to do as they please. This created a lazy, unaccountable culture and of course a failure of a club. He is sending a message loud and clear that the MFC needs to be run by the professional standards of its competitors - now, and after he is gone.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Doesn't really name Hogan.. he's mentioning the whole group of kids

BTW humble pie for everyone who gave CP a pass with their 'boys will be boys' rubbish. There it is in black and white, he was acting a fool

Roos said Hogan must not cut corners if he wants to succeed over the long haul.

"He still needs to get really good at AFL habits''

Just found it interesting Hogan was picked out. Thought I read somewhere a while ago he turned up in poor condition over the summer?

Edited by dazzledavey36

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Roos said Hogan must not cut corners if he wants to succeed over the long haul.

yes I know that, and since you can read you must have noted he also said explicitly "That's not exclusive to Jesse. It's (Angus) Brayshaw and Petracca and (Sam) Weideman."

he was obviously asked about JH specifically because he is the focus of our club at the moment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curry & Beer said:

I like it. Roos is here to identify and fix a rotten culture. I'm sure that he is aware that in the years before his arrival we were the type of amateurish organisation that would allow young talent like CP and JH to do as they please. This created a lazy, unaccountable culture and of course a failure of a club. He is sending a message loud and clear that the MFC needs to be run by the professional standards of its competitors - now, and after he is gone.

Yeah but he did that behind closed doors when it happened, what's it got to do with the public now?

Warning future draftees?

Looks to me like Roosy is reminding everyone that he's still the coach. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Not sure any of it needed a public announcement.

think it was a deliberate message to all the boys to not get ahead of them selves and stay focused and professional

classic technique of singling out talented players (but in a somewhat positive way)

we've all seen the positive and optimistic attitude this pre-season but roosy wants to keep it in check

• Like 9

It was also the focus of Roo's speech at the Season Launch "... who am I? Habits."

Will only serve these kids well.

• Like 2

Pretty sure they've psychologically profiled Christian and are messing with his head. He did absolutely nothing wrong.  A spot of B-ball compared to Sylvia's antics . . . But the entire coaching staff have since made a serious point in the media every chance they could that he's not getting a start round 1. They want him jumping out of his skin.

Finally..... FINALLY..... Going in the right direction and in the right manner.

Thank-you Paul.

23 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Pretty sure they've psychologically profiled Christian and are messing with his head. He did absolutely nothing wrong.

"It was pretty blunt. Discussion is the wrong way to put it. It wasn't a discussion," Roos told News Corp of his confrontation with Petracca.

I reckon Christian is so bursting with the desire to play after almost 18 month of pre-seasons and rehab, that Roo's is just ensuring he avoids the basketball, frisbee, and parkour for the next month...

He hits me as a kid with a lot of energy..!

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

I was trying to find any relevance in this thread until I watched that.

I'm still looking, but at least I've had a good chuckle.

1 hour ago, Curry & Beer said:

I'm sure it's been argued to death on some other thread elsewhere but - serious? Our rotten, amateurish administration of late has allowed young upstarts to play backyard basketball in their spare time? No wonder we're crap with a culture like that.

Hogan reminds me a bit of a young Gawn. Except things have got  a hell of a lot more professional so he's not having a dart on the way to training. But I expect Hogan, along with Petracca and others will learn and strive to be leaders over time, maybe after making a few mistakes. It's why we need the culture right and why we need guys like Viney and McDonald setting the way for the younger guys.

I don't think I ever argued that Petracca was foolish for playing basketball and needed to be told off. Just that there's only so much the club can do to control players. That's the whole point of culture. It allows buy in so people make the right decisions automatically.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I'm sure it's been argued to death on some other thread elsewhere but - serious? Our rotten, amateurish administration of late has allowed young upstarts to play backyard basketball in their spare time? No wonder we're crap with a culture like that.

YES! That is correct. Say it back to yourself, without sarcasm, and you actually have it right.

Jesus Christ... have you not noticed our lack of resemblance to a professional sporting organisation over many years? Can you not see this is a perfect example of the garbage that Roos was brought in to fix? The fact you have a kid in the organisation who thinks its OK to take a dumb risk like that is indicative of the broader problem. Think about it.

• Like 2

There's a difference between playing a bit of basketball, and trying to dunk after coming off a knee reco.

If he'd been shooting threes, or even just playing for a bit of fun, then nothing would have come of it.

As it stands, he took the risk of trying to land on his feet after a two or three metre fall and has clearly paid the price.

• Like 6