• Podcast: Gary Pert Interview      

• Podcast: Gary Pert Interview     

Jesse Hogan Press Conference

Domgus Petrogan

4 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

He is retiring from all Australian football effective immediately to become an NFL punter.

I reckon Trent McKenzie should do this.

• Like 1

This kid has some serious star power!!! 

Good move by the club to put Jesse out after a not so good game on the weekend and to calm any rumours of Jesse leaving . I hope flogs like Barrett Ralphy take it in . But they won't . Hogan ain't no Scully 

• Like 1

I wish the Ox would just drop on his head......Jesse quite rightly pointed out that he had a better goal kicking average than Schwarz.

if you're a Melbourne supporter, why give grief to the club and its players....just give the kid a fair go.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Domgus Petrogan said:

Apologies for inciting panic everyone. 

This indeed appears to be a media interview and not a press conference. 

Nice one SEN!

Might mate texted me before this thread.

Love how Hogan has told The Ox to get stuffed and pointed out he has a better kicking accuracy than him!

1 minute ago, Scythe said:

From Neroli Meadows' Twitter: "His accuracy was about 58% and mine's 69%, so I don't think I'll be going to him for advice," Jesse Hogan says about David Schwarz.

Sensational. 

I love the confidence, but it saddens me that Hogan doesn't seem to appreciate how good Schwarz was.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DeeZee said:

I wish the Ox would just drop on his head......Jesse quite rightly pointed out that he had a better goal kicking average than Schwarz.

Tracking better than Hudson, Lockett and Dunstall and was better last season the Luke Breust

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I love the confidence, but it saddens me that Hogan doesn't seem to appreciate how good Schwarz was.

I'm sure he does, but I don't blame him for hitting back at someone who called his kicking a "disgrace". I love the Ox, but his comments were ridiculous.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

As I recall, the Ox almost always played up field and hit many from over 50 metres. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY by Whispering Jack

When the combatants that are due to face off on Monday night at Optus Stadium last met, it was 11 days after the World Health Organization had declared the Covid19 outbreak a global pandemic. In Australia, the first cases had just come to light, including visiting US actors Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, the toilet paper panic was in full flight and the world was starting to reel in anticipation of impending disaster. Half an hour before this last game of the opening round was due to comm

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

DELTA DEMONS by KC from Casey

There was an ill wind blowing for the home side at Casey Fields on  Saturday but you wouldn’t have noticed if you turned up seven or eight minutes into the second quarter with the scoreboard showing the Casey Demons holding a lead of 7.5.47 to Footscray’s solitary point. Up to that stage, the depleted Dees combination had taken full advantage of the windy conditions and headed by veterans Nathan Jones, Jimmy Munro and Mitch White had came out of the blocks and plundered the Bulldogs’ defence.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ON THE FLY by George On The Outer

After spending most of the previous day in the air, flying between Queensland and Victoria, it was hard to imagine the Demons would be at their best.   But this team was on the fly on the field as well and produced a clinical display which saw them record a 98 point win to put aside any questions about the side being out of form.   Certainly, the Suns who have fallen away badly in the second half of the season were their opponents, but with the Demons looking for a confidence boo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS by The Oracle

This weekend, the Melbourne Football Club was supposed to embark on a tour that started with what looked like an innocent trip to the country’s sunny Gold Coast. However, the Covid19 pandemic intervened to bring them back home for this week at least. Next week, it’s off to the West Coast but conspiracy theorists are already suggesting that this interstate sojourn could take the team all the way across the country over the next month and indeed, there are cynics who even believe that it could bec

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

THE YEAR THE SNOWFLAKES FELL by Whispering Jack

The snow that fell on the slopes of Victoria’s mountain districts in the winter of 1965 was not considered good enough to satisfy the enthusiasts. The really heavy snow that season came in two waves further north in July and August. The first descended on the national capital where “Pig Iron Bob” still held sway. Snow flurries touched the landscape all the way across the Blue Mountains. The next big snow extended further north up to the hills around Mackay in Queensland. Snowflakes fell inside t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 10

DEES GIVE DOGS A BONE by George On The Outer

First place versus second on the ladder promised to be a precursor to what can be expected in the coming finals race.  However, it was the Demons who faltered and gave the Bulldogs a bone to feed their hunger just weeks out from the end of the season. The win also sent the Dogs to the top of the ladder, a position they are unlikely to cede in the coming weeks, given their fixture. While Melbourne may now struggle to keep a spot in the top four with its draw and will likely depend on the res

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE WORM WILL TURN by The Oracle

When I was asked to preview this game, I wasn’t sure whether it was going to be played in Darwin, on the Gold Coast or the MCG. I had no idea as to the identity of Melbourne’s opponent. This would have made for one hell of an interesting match preview so I’m glad that the AFL managed to reorganize its fixture to enable a game … any game at all … to proceed in Round 19. We’ll worry about the Gold Coast Suns or whoever they put us up against when the weekend’s done and dusted and if and when

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

DRAWN AND DEEFLATED by George on the Outer

1st v 17th ... it would seem a sure one way contest between the Hawks and the Demons but it was not to be with the game finishing in a draw, the only positive being the Demons still retain their top spot on the ladder. Melbourne was taught a football lesson by Al Clarkson, who with limited resources, just instructed his players to scrap, fight and surge the ball forward.  It stifled the Melbourne free flowing style of play and denied them the opportunities they could normally expect. I

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PINK RAIN by Whispering Jack

There is no certainty about life under a pandemic. You wake up one morning without a care in the world; the sun’s shining and it’s a beautiful day. An hour later, everything’s up in the air, the entire state is on high alert and the apartment complex next door’s in lockdown. The simple decision you had to make about buying a ticket to the footy at the weekend suddenly might get put on the back burner. There are other things in life to prioritise and on top of that, they’re predicting rain for th

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

COR BLIMEY by KC from Casey

In years to come, the old timers will talk in wonderment about the “Avalon Avalanche” that hit Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on a mild winter’s afternoon at about ten minutes after the halfway mark of the game between the local Tigers and their cross town rivals, the Demons from Casey. At that moment in time, the game was poised as if on a knifepoint. Up until the main interval, it had been the visiting team which had maintained the lead from the start but it had struggled to entirely asse

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

POWER FAILURE by George on the Outer

South Australians should be well familiar with the damage that storms can do to the power supply.  But Port Power forgot those lessons on Thursday night football as they watched the Melbourne storm descend upon them from across the border and ruin their hopes of a top four placing. Just as equally, the win to the Demons cemented their spot in the top two and sent out the message that a team who had been going around in circles for the past couple of weeks, has in fact, turned into a cyclone

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

CASEY SUFFER FIRST DEFEAT IN TWO YEARS

The circumstances were a little unusual last Saturday night as KC from Casey was unavailable to report on the Casey Dees due to work commitments. On the ground things were somewhat unusual as well given that, although there was a game to be won on the night, preparations were also being made for the forthcoming Thursday night clash against Port Adelaide with Ben Brown rested for large slabs of the evening. It turned out perhaps, to be a stroke of genius for Melbourne with Brown making a strong c

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles