Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jesse Hogan Press Conference

Domgus Petrogan

4 hours ago, Biffen said:

He is to marry Jess Trengove and sign a 12 year deal.

Get with the times!! He's marrying Jack as soon as the plebiscite goes through.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

He's been caught taking Meldonium.

He was tested after the Saints game and found to have traces of Meldrumium in his system?

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Im sure he does - he was just returning serve and good on him.

I don't mind what the Ox said re Jesse's kicking... it may have given him the incentive to fix the problem quickly and that may well have been the Ox's intention. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Is this a clue as to what is really required for him to re sign? 

So far everyone assumes 'Melbourne performing well', for Jesse to re sign, means winning more games this year.  I'm sure that is relevant.  But 2016 is but one year.  Maybe Jesse is more interested in the medium/long term ability of our mid-field to do their job so that he can do his job.  Seems a reasonable criteria to me and more important than the number of wins in 2016.  After all this is a development year for him and others

Think I hit the mark with that post.  Just saw this http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-03-16/just-a-bit-of-an-off-day-hogan which says: 

'He's excited too about the side's more attacking ball movement, which is providing him and other forwards with more inside 50s...To Hogan the equation is simple, more inside 50s equals more opportunities...He concedes that opportunities will play a role in whether he stays with the Demons...'

I don't mind media commentators talking about someone's kicking action, but I thought the Ox went way over the top in mentioning that he could get $400k less if he doesn't fix it up soon etc. etc.

Jesse was entitled to be a bit miffed about that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Scythe said:

From Neroli Meadows' Twitter: "His accuracy was about 58% and mine's 69%, so I don't think I'll be going to him for advice," Jesse Hogan says about David Schwarz.

Sensational. 

LOL classic

37 minutes ago, hardtack said:

All well and good but that particular pairing might struggle to produce the offspring we're looking for to take advantage of father/son.

Lol, just had a funny thought, 'father/father/son' rule, applying to the adopted child of a married same sex couple. Or maybe applied to a child created in a lab. We'll see how close we are to the movie 'twins' becoming reality.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I don't mind media commentators talking about someone's kicking action, but I thought the Ox went way over the top in mentioning that he could get $400k less if he doesn't fix it up soon etc. etc.

Jesse was entitled to be a bit miffed about that.

Yep, totally agree.

Ox had a fair point about his kicking action, but it was unreasonable to link it to his contract. (Though I'll concede that maybe it was a ploy just to get Jesse to grit his teeth & work on it - as if he wasn't going to do that anyway)

So Jesse was only giving it back as good as he got by drawing attention to their respective accuracy.

A couple thoughts:

1. Schwarta deserved that line about accuracy. Whether it is seen as playful from Hogan or dismissiveness - how David can call a few stuttered kicks at goal in the PS a 'disgrace' is beyond me, especially when he has a season of very straight kicking under his belt.

2. This talk of 8 or 10 year contracts is farcical. This bloke will be in the top 20 players in the game for a decade and I know $1m seems like a lot of money now, and it is, but the game is growing so quickly that in a ten year contract Hogan will be over paid for a season, rightly paid for two seasons and underpaid for the rest of the ridiculously long contract that many of you think he can't turn down. The cap was approx. $7.2m (with Additional Service Agreements) in 2007 and in 2016 is $11.3m. That has taken a $720k contract from 10% to 6.3% of the cap 10 seasons later. That discrepancy will any get more exponential in the future as the cap jumps a few million dollars in 2017 and rises more and more every year.

• Like 4

I had to laugh. Was listening to SEN on the way to work and even though the Ox was laughing you could tell Hogan's quip about the relative accuracy hit its mark as he coudln't help but say that anyone can kick goals from 30 metres out. 

Good on Hoges for firing a shot back. If Hogan had kicked 19.44 last year, not the other way around then Schwarz might have had a point. Be he didn't so the comment was just plain dumb.

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

A couple thoughts:

1. Schwarta deserved that line about accuracy. Whether it is seen as playful from Hogan or dismissiveness - how David can call a few stuttered kicks at goal in the PS a 'disgrace' is beyond me, especially when he has a season of very straight kicking under his belt.

2. This talk of 8 or 10 year contracts is farcical. This bloke will be in the top 20 players in the game for a decade and I know $1m seems like a lot of money now, and it is, but the game is growing so quickly that in a ten year contract Hogan will be over paid for a season, rightly paid for two seasons and underpaid for the rest of the ridiculously long contract that many of you think he can't turn down. The cap was approx. $7.2m (with Additional Service Agreements) in 2007 and in 2016 is $11.3m. That has taken a $720k contract from 10% to 6.3% of the cap 10 seasons later. That discrepancy will any get more exponential in the future as the cap jumps a few million dollars in 2017 and rises more and more every year.

I'd like someone to go thru Schwarta's goal kicking stats, pre knee injuries, & again after the operations...  I thin the Ox's % pre knee? might be Xcellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

well im glad we haven't over-analysed this media interview  :o

I noticed when he was discussing the GWS clash he was subconsciously shaking his head quite a lot which is usually an indication of a contrary belief to the statement being made  . . .

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

Would never happen - too awkward marrying someone with the same name as your sister.

Besides, Jess Trengove is just so all-round awesome that she transcends sexual preference.

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

He was tested after the Saints game and found to have traces of Meldrumium in his system?

I hear The Ox was tested after his radio spot and found to have substantial traces of Melodramaium.

35 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

I'd like someone to go thru Schwarta's goal kicking stats, pre knee injuries, & again after the operations...  I thin the Ox's % pre knee? might be Xcellent.

1992 - 20 goals, 7 behinds.

1994 - 60 goals, 23 behinds

1999 -  38 goals, 27 behinds

2000 - 31 goals, 35 behinds

Bullseye, dee-luded.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rpfc said:
21 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Would never happen - too awkward marrying someone with the same name as your sister.

Besides, Jess Trengove is just so all-round awesome that she transcends sexual preference.

I hear The Ox was tested after his radio spot and found to have substantial traces of Melodramaium.

Bullseye, dee-luded.

A couple thoughts:

3 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Jesse to me comes across as one of the more genuine guys during interviews

excuse my maths wjhat doe s it equate to re conversion %'s ?

25 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

The Ox's %'s based on above stats:

1992, 1994 = 72.7% 

1999, 2000 = 52.6%

• Like 1

Pre-knee (92-93) - 73%

Post-knee (99-00) - 49%

So the Ox was kicking Hogan pre-knee and woeful after knee...***

***Lots of other factors have not been considered.

Does anyone know why Jesse even had a media interview? 

Surely, it wasn't to whack a club great, the Ox?  It wasn't to discuss his contract, per se.  And surely, we wouldn't roll him out to defend himself on one poor practice game?  Not sure we would ever want to roll out a young player to defend themselves anyway...we have coaches and captains to defend them.

The interview topics seemed to be a bit all over the place!

I am at a loss to work out what benefit it was to Jesse or the club. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biffen said:

The ox could give advice on punting.

" - don't gamble your match fee before the game has even started Jesse."

But apparently we got more out of the Ox on game day when he knew post match he would need to ask for an advance on his fortnightly pay check... supposedly alot easier conversation when he'd kicked four goals in a final... back in the day when race results were up on the big screen at the G

That being said I'm glad Ox has now moved on from those gambling problems and seems to have got his shi t together. 

Was a bit disappointed with his hogan comments,  but I guess he has to play along with the "games" the media play .

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Does anyone know why Jesse even had a media interview? 

Surely, it wasn't to whack a club great, the Ox?  It wasn't to discuss his contract, per se.  And surely, we wouldn't roll him out to defend himself on one poor practice game?  Not sure we would ever want to roll out a young player to defend themselves anyway...we have coaches and captains to defend them.

The interview topics seemed to be a bit all over the place!

I am at a loss to work out what benefit it was to Jesse or the club. 

Maybe just to address the rubbish, over the top critisism that's coming on the back of one average game.. Poor Jesse cops it worse than Jack Watts does, two yaers left on his contract and far more strong speculation about him then any other player out of contract this year.