• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The turnaround

Dwight Schrute

Who would have thought back in 2013 when Mark Neeld was coach, the club thought a 5 goal loss to the Brisbane lions was a positive and half the team was looking to walk out the door and the club looking in serious danger of folding that as soon as 2015,

we'd be seriously looking at 8 wins for the season as what seems to be considered a realistic aim, we'd be in a good place off the field with some serious quality people running departments such as Peter Jackson, Glenn Bartlett, Simon Goodwin, Paul Roos, Brendan Mcartney, Josh Mahoney.

have a core group of players that looks like actually taking this club somewhere and a lot of our young talent very quick to sign onto new contracts and seeing an exciting future for the club.

Our turn around may not have been as obvious as Port Adelaide, but i honestly feel we have improved as much when you really consider just how far back we are coming from and how many different aspects have improved significantly.

Must i be reminded of 2013?

Round 2 was the worst performance i have ever witnessed in AFL/VFL Competition.

It was a disgrace to all that the club was allowed to get anywhere near that level

Thankfully PJ accepted the invitation to clean the club out and literally start again.

Not only is the MFC administration and football department looking robust and our draftees and enthusiastic young recruits positive for the Club, but, in my view, the likely massive improvement of Casey this year will also have a very positive impact. After today's conclusive win against the BH Hawks, there is no reason that the Scorps cannot go on to clinch a Premiership. Not only are the coaching staff integrated (& both on the MFC payroll) but the senior list players who are playing for Casey each week cannot help but benefit by being part of a winning culture, a trait that will translate positively to the Demons.

• Like 3

I hate to be a negative nancy, but the club is in the same position now as it was in 2008 and 2010. Lots of promise of financial and internal stability, and the promise of on-field performance but ultimately, nothing. We all know what happened between those years and what came after.

It all *looks* to be on the right track! but we've been here before.

The club has consistently buckled at the most important KPI: consistent on-field success.

We could have God himself running this club, but if you don't win and offer a watchable brand, it's all for nothing.

Got to start winning games.

• Like 2

I think the OP might be getting a little ahead of himself, which is dangerous during a turnaround. You can get all kinds of tangled.

But the very least we can say is that we have removed an awful lot of list-cloggers, learnt to defend, managed bad situations well, got some luck out of free agency, our club officials are widely respected, and have credible reasons to hope.

We also look like we will be able to routinely field a full team of actual AFL-quality players this year, even if several are very raw. Fun times.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but the club is in the same position now as it was in 2008 and 2010. Lots of promise of financial and internal stability, and the promise of on-field performance but ultimately, nothing. We all know what happened between those years and what came after.

It all *looks* to be on the right track! but we've been here before.

The club has consistently buckled at the most important KPI: consistent on-field success.

We could have God himself running this club, but if you don't win and offer a watchable brand, it's all for nothing.

Got to start winning games.

agreed

we got to 8.5 wins in consecutive years under Bailey.. things were looking up.. they went down, even deeper than before. At this point we are sitting on a 4 win season. I won't be declaring that any sort of turnaround has happened until we have improved our win column for three years running and are playing finals footy.

• Like 2

Positivity threads are so much nicer than the were screwed attitude rapt with the changes allready can only get better who knows ill probably stay at the g the whole game instead of bailing to get those earlier trains home ha ha

• Like 1

Positivity threads are so much nicer than the were screwed attitude rapt with the changes allready can only get better who knows ill probably stay at the g the whole game instead of bailing to get those earlier trains home ha ha

I know this is the internet and everything, but is it too much to ask for a little punctuation?

• Like 5

I know this is the internet and everything, but is it too much to ask for a little punctuation?

Gee you expect a lot Choke.

The next you will be expecting people to use the spell check.

I think the OP might be getting a little ahead of himself, which is dangerous during a turnaround. You can get all kinds of tangled.

But the very least we can say is that we have removed an awful lot of list-cloggers, learnt to defend, managed bad situations well, got some luck out of free agency, our club officials are widely respected, and have credible reasons to hope.

We also look like we will be able to routinely field a full team of actual AFL-quality players this year, even if several are very raw. Fun times.

Potentially, but i would say we are in a much better position that i've seen the club in terms of having an off field structure that is financially responsible, works and makes sense and on field we have a solid long term plan run by quality football people and some strong young talent starting to emerge

• Like 2

Potentially, but i would say we are in a much better position that i've seen the club in terms of having an off field structure that is financially responsible, works and makes sense and on field we have a solid long term plan run by quality football people and some strong young talent starting to emerge

There is my opinion exactly SPR.

100% agreement.

tbh I really dont care about the silly rules of writing as im not an author and dont plan to be ill type as I please thank you as you will as long as im typing english is it really the end of the world if I dont use comers fullstops capitals ect jeez ill send you msgs from now on asking if its ok with you to post what im about to ok

tbh I really dont care about the silly rules of writing as im not an author and dont plan to be ill type as I please thank you as you will as long as im typing english is it really the end of the world if I dont use comers fullstops capitals ect jeez ill send you msgs from now on asking if its ok with you to post what im about to ok

No one's asking for War and Peace here Dommy.

It's just that your posts are entirely unintelligible without punctuation. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to read them.

A full stop here and a comma there would make all the difference.

The only exception is Dee-Luded, whose posts are excused because of excessive acid use in the 70s.

• Like 6

I look forward to talking about the turnaround when it happens.

A turn around is a much broader thing than on field success, we have gone from a club on it's knees to a significantly improved club in all areas, if that's not a turn around i'm not sure what qualifies.

• Like 1

A turn around is a much broader thing than on field success, we have gone from a club on it's knees to a significantly improved club in all areas, if that's not a turn around i'm not sure what qualifies.

Agreed, but you can't claim that you have turned the corner when you are half way around the bend.

We are the beneficiaries of charity at the moment. There is a long way to go.

There is real danger in just expecting that things will go right from here in. I am sure that those in charge of the club know that.

I think we have made significant steps toward putting an infrastructure that could achieve success, but as yet we have achieved nothing.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 1

Agreed, but you can't claim that you have turned the corner when you are half way around the bend.

There is real danger in just expecting that things will go right from here in. I am sure that those in charge of the club know that.

I agree, i think the next big question mark for me is how will Simon Goodwin go as a senior coach in his own right, i am reasonably confident that while both Roosy and PJ are at the club we will continue in an upward trend but it's aways dicey hoping the successors can keep that going.

I think we have made significant steps toward putting an infrastructure that could achieve success, but as yet we have achieved nothing.

Correct. PJ has done a magnificent job so far. But there is still so much to be done.

You are so right. We are still entering the corner.

But at least the plummet downwards at terminal velocity has been addressed.

If we can get 40,000 members onboard this year i will be happy...

I could not continue reading this post after "tbh I really dont care about the silly rules of writing as im not an author and dont plan to be". If you want people to read your posts, take a little more time to present them, it really isn't that difficult. If you don't care if people can read your posts or not, then why post at all?

Edited by AzzKikA