• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Best 22 based on Pre Season form

Barney Rubble

All of the current best 22 posts or best for Round 1.

All have loves and hates of last years players irrespective whether the new players deserve more cred

Let's not put a pre arranged bias on our fav. Players. Just form warrants selection.

• Like 1

I leave out watts and Vince because of injury, they're in the best 22 when fit, Garland i think will also squeeze in

Howe Mcdonald jetta

Grimes Frost Dunn

M.Jones N.jones Lamumba

Kent Hogan JKH

Garlett Dawes Fitzpatrick

Jamar Tyson Viney

Cross Newton Michie

Salem

FB. Jetta. Frost Grimes

HB. Dunn. T. McDonald Toumpas

MF. Lumumba Jones Newton.

HF. Howe Dawes Petracca

FF. Garlett. Hogan Gawn

Ruck. Jamar Tyson Viney.

I/C Brayshaw Salem JKH sub Vandenberg

Go for it. It's not meant to be best 22 just those that have completed

The most consistent per season form.

Been a couple of these but always up for another!

FB: Jetta Frost Dunn

HB: Grimes Tmac Garland/Howe

C: Vince Cross Lumumba

HF: Viney Hogan Watts

FF: Garlett Dawes Gawn

R: Jamar N Jones Tyson

I/C: Newton Salem M Jones

Sub: Bail

Honourable mentions to Toumpas, Michie, Petracca and JKH.

Even though Watts, Vince and Howe have been in rehab I get the feeling they've been handled very cautiously with the aim of being ready round 1. All senior players, they'll have the miles in the legs from laps, just need some match fitness via NAB challenge.

Grimes, Dunn, Jetta

Howe Tmcdonald Lumumba

M Jones N Jones Bail

Pederson Watts Garlett

Kent Hogan JKH

Jamar, Tyson, Vince

Bench: Viney, Cross......?

Sub: Salem

On the cusp..Garland/ Frost/Terlich/Toumpas/Gawn

Dawes out round 1

Close to mine (based on training reports). I'd just rejig the interchange:

Kent, Toumpas, M Jones

Sub: Newton

Kent has been mentioned more than once of late as impressing.

I also think that when it comes down to it, at least one of the new boys will get a run, even as a sub. Toss-up between Stretch and Petracca for the moment.

A lot of people are discounting Pederson, and with Dawes out of round one he is a big chance to play and hold his spot if he has a decent game.

• Like 1

Close to mine (based on training reports). I'd just rejig the interchange:

Kent, Toumpas, M Jones

Sub: Newton

Kent has been mentioned more than once of late as impressing.

I also think that when it comes down to it, at least one of the new boys will get a run, even as a sub. Toss-up between Stretch and Petracca for the moment.

Completely forgot about Kent! This is becoming much tougher... not that that's a bad thing!

FB: Jetta - Frost - Dunn

HB: Garland - McDonald - Grimes

C: Lamumba - N.Jones - Vince

HF: Howe - Dawes - Watts/[Pedersen]

FF: Garlett - Hogan - JKH/Kent

FOL: Jamar - Tyson - Viney

INT: Cross - Gawn - Toumpas - (SUB)Salem/Petracca/Newton

Edited by hughtinkler
  • Like 1

Been a couple of these but always up for another!

Even though Watts, Vince and Howe have been in rehab I get the feeling they've been handled very cautiously with the aim of being ready round 1. All senior players, they'll have the miles in the legs from laps, just need some match fitness via NAB challenge.

And, relevantly, three of our more skilled players who probably don't require the skills training as much as some others on our list.

It's genuinely hard to nail our best 22 without omitting some required players. Have to go back to about 10 years since we were last in this situation.

I'm pumped.

• Like 2

FB: Jetta - Frost - Dunn

HB: Garland - McDonald - Grimes

C: Toumpas - N.Jones - Vince

HF: Howe - Dawes - Watts/[Pedersen]

FF: Garlett - Hogan - JKH/Kent

FOL: Jamar - Tyson - Viney

INT: Cross - Gawn - Newton - (SUB)Salem/Petracca

Wheres H?

Our starting 22 based on preseason form would see Vince and Watts not picked. If they are fit and ready to go for round 1, then they are automatically selected. Makes this exercise a little more difficult.

That said, I'll presume they will be right to go, so my 22 would be;

B - Jetta-Frost-Dunn

HB - Grimes-McDonald-Garland

C - McKenzie-N Jones-Lamumba

HF - Watts-Pedersen-Vince

F - Garlett-Hogan-Kent

R - Jamar-Tyson-Viney

Inter - M Jones-Howe-Newton

Sub - Salem

Emg - Michie-Gawn-Petracca

Notes;

McKenzie goes to Ablett

When Jamar rests, Pedersen goes to ruck, Jamar to full forward, Hogan to CHF

If Watts, Vince and/or Howe don't play;

Gawn comes in for Watts

Michie in for Vince

Petracca for Howe, but starts as sub and Salem is elevated to the bench

Happy for JKH and Toumpas to get some form/confidence playing in the VFL.

JETTA FROST DUNN

TOUMPAS TMAC SALEM

VINCE JONES H

KENT DAWES WATTS

PEDO HOGAN GARLETT

JAMAR TYSON CROSS

VINEY NEWTON MITCHIE PETRACCA

I know many won't agree but for me this team has a good balance of different ages. I think will Cross's last season but he is still valuable to us for reasons already explained in previous threads.

Class of halfback, wow what a concept. Not just one but two options. Can rotate with H up onto the wing.

Three tall forward options plus Watts who can rotate with Vince, or H to HBF, Watts to the wing and Salem to HFF.

This team gives us multiple options.

Two small forwards who find the sticks.

Four mids on the bench, we have enough talls on the ground to shift around in case of injury.

The thought of releasing Petracca with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd to roam through the midfield and up forward excited me.

• Like 1

i am tipping fitzy to surprise a lot of people this year and nail down a spot in the best 22

Ditto with Gawn

i am tipping fitzy to surprise a lot of people this year and nail down a spot in the best 22

Ditto with Gawn

Only thing is both of these guys can't be in the same team, they effectively fill the same role. Plus you have Pederson in the mix aswell...

Based on pre season so far.

You cannot pick Garland, Riley, Watts & Vince. They didn't have any contact work.

Howe seems Ok he put in a great pre Xmas. If he gets over his hammy soon he is still in consideration.

Based on pre season so far.

You cannot pick Garland, Riley, Watts & Vince. They didn't have any contact work.

Howe seems Ok he put in a great pre Xmas. If he gets over his hammy soon he is still in consideration.

And that's different for Watts how? Edited by Al's Demons
  • Like 1