Training - Wednesday 3rd December, 2014

The Devil Inside

While I thoroughly enjoy Saty's training reports and appreciate it hugely as I can never get there myself, a comment like this:

"Had a joke with JKH about his musclebound physique, which he thought was funny, persuaded him to do a 'guns' pic, will be on Twitter, a good sport"

is weird and completely unnecessary. Imagine a grown man going up to a kid and asking for a picture of his 'guns'. That sends shivers down my spine.

If the bloke just stuck to giving us a report about how the boys went at training and nothing else then we wouldn't have these problems each time we get a training report. It's human nature to respond the way CB did as what he put was cringeworthy and, frankly, has nothing to do with training.

Give me a break.

I would agree with you that In some circumstances a comment like that could be inappropriate. For instance a kids playground. But seriously, a professional football team training session which is open to the public. I have read on many occasions the players commenting on how cool it is to have a good number of supporters watching. I have been down only a couple of times and have found the players and coaching staff to be very friendly and open to having a chat. I've had the impression they appreciate the support from supporters and the interest. Nothing weird about that is there.

Saty is known to the coaches and playing group as a die hard supporter who turns up on a very regular basis and gets information so that he can put it on here. They all know that happens with the info Saty gets. I have spoken to a Board member and the Board and the Club and for that matter the press know about Demonland being the main supporter forum for Dees supporters.

As for JKH, are you serious. The kid knows he has to beef up to be competitive. He's clearly come back having put a lot of work into it. In that context do you really think he is going to find it weird that he's being complemented on the work he has done to make himself better prepared as a professional AFL player. He Liked Saty's photo on twitter. Enough said.

Some people need to get a grip.

• Like 6

Give me a break.

I would agree with you that In some circumstances a comment like that could be inappropriate. For instance a kids playground. But seriously, a professional football team training session which is open to the public. I have read on many occasions the players commenting on how cool it is to have a good number of supporters watching. I have been down only a couple of times and have found the players and coaching staff to be very friendly and open to having a chat. I've had the impression they appreciate the support from supporters and the interest. Nothing weird about that is there.

Saty is known to the coaches and playing group as a die hard supporter who turns up on a very regular basis and gets information so that he can put it on here. They all know that happens with the info Saty gets. I have spoken to a Board member and the Board and the Club and for that matter the press know about Demonland being the main supporter forum for Dees supporters.

As for JKH, are you serious. The kid knows he has to beef up to be competitive. He's clearly come back having put a lot of work into it. In that context do you really think he is going to find it weird that he's being complemented on the work he has done to make himself better prepared as a professional AFL player. He Liked Saty's photo on twitter. Enough said.

Some people need to get a grip.

Fantastic. Doesn't make it any less creepy.

"Jeez JKH, you need to beef up mate and your physique is looking fantastic, mind if I get a shot of your guns to stick on Twitter? Yeah, just like that mate...."

To me it's still cringeworthy. If a grown man asking a player to flex his muscles so he can stick the photo on Twitter isn't cringeworthy to you then that's fine, whatever floats your boat.

I appreciate everything else as it's informative, particularly about injuries. Can't, and won't, knock that.

"Jeez JKH, you need to beef up mate and your physique is looking fantastic, mind if I get a shot of your guns to stick on Twitter? Yeah, just like that mate...."

To me it's still cringeworthy. If a grown man asking a player to flex his muscles so he can stick the photo on Twitter isn't cringeworthy to you then that's fine, whatever floats your boat.

I appreciate everything else as it's informative, particularly about injuries. Can't, and won't, knock that.

Seriously, and without trying to be offensive, I think it may be you that has the problem, it was a bit of fun, which JKH agreed to, have a look at the Christmas Video, Jack Viney, one tough hombre, playing with toys

• Like 2

Seriously, and without trying to be offensive, I think it may be you that has the problem, it was a bit of fun, which JKH agreed to, have a look at the Christmas Video, Jack Viney, one tough hombre, playing with toys

If your pictures and interaction with the players are just a bit of fun then equally so is any benign post about your interaction with the players.

Stop reacting to every little aside (or '[censored] take') that gets thrown your way. The mods will protect any poster from being unnecessarily and harshly harangued.

We appreciate the training reports and the pictures, but practice what you preach.

• Like 1

It is very frustrating when people are unable to grasp a point, so they resort to simplifying it down to a level where it doesn't make sense.

Wow.... I grasp the point completely as explained in the balance of the post.

Maybe i just should have put it this way. (See below)

Lol, another Demonland thread descends into farce.

Saty's training reports and banter with the players is interesting, but must admit I cringe at the odd thing such as the JKH guns incident, but you just have to let it go through to the keeper.

Fully understanding that mods must review all posts.

Others don't though.

No problem mate, just stating an opinion shared by some and not by others.

If your pictures and interaction with the players are just a bit of fun then equally so is any benign post about your interaction with the players.

Stop reacting to every little aside (or '[censored] take') that gets thrown your way. The mods will protect any poster from being unnecessarily and harshly harangued.

We appreciate the training reports and the pictures, but practice what you preach.

It is not reacting, I was explaining the context of the picture, which seemed to be misconstrued by some of the less enlightened on here, I get used to being harshly harangued, some seem to have a problem, I just stop reading their posts. You are actually contradicting yourself, I should be allowed to post whatever I want (mods permitting) without the need for you to tell me to stop, or I am again reacting badly to your post?

• Like 1

c'mon wb, you don't think the media and their photographers do exactly the same thing?

what's cringeworthy is reading some of the lame remarks here on a daily basis

saty obviously has good contact and rapport with many players and coaches else they wouldn't tell him anything

i'll take their opinion on face value before yours and other lemon-suckers

i'll take their opinion on face value before yours and other lemon-suckers

I'm a lemon sucker- I always get that way in December.

(been a bad nutbean so santa wont be paying me a visit)

It is not reacting, I was explaining the context of the picture, which seemed to be misconstrued by some of the less enlightened on here, I get used to being harshly harangued, some seem to have a problem, I just stop reading their posts. You are actually contradicting yourself, I should be allowed to post whatever I want (mods permitting) without the need for you to tell me to stop, or I am again reacting badly to your post?

When did I tell you to stop?

Groan.

You are ok with the players taking the [censored].

Posters on here will do the same.

Get over it.

The end.

• Like 1

Saty, I for one appreciate all that you do. Your Training Reports are both informative and amusing. Don't stop doing it, or listening to some here. I get that your a rabid supporter of the Club and I get that they all recognise you for who you are. It's supporters like you that we need more of, not the naysayers and backstabbers we seem to attract here. Keep it up Mate. I KNOW that the Players actually like you and respect your dedication to them and to our Club. It's all good Mate.

• Like 2

I'm just glad they lifted the minimum age for drafting. Would've been a whole different level of "cringe" if Saty asked a 17 year old recruit for such photos.

It really bothers me that you lot seem so interested in jumping on DI for any of his interaction with players and coaches.

He's not hanging around in the showers or offering to towel them off.

• Like 1

It really bothers me that you lot seem so interested in jumping on DI for any of his interaction with players and coaches.

He's not hanging around in the showers or offering to towel them off.

My Aunty was keen on taking me into the rooms in "87.

She thought it was her duty to make sure Todd Viney showered himself properly.

It was totally awks.Like totes.

• Like 1

Apologies if my post requesting that we stay on-topic, has taken the thread off-topic.

In a word, I was just suggesting that we all respect that we see things differently, and that we try to keep these more information-based threads (as opposed to opinion-based threads) on-topic.

I also feel that some of what is reported here gets a bit lost in translation. I can imagine how a light-hearted exchange with a player could lead a conversation into places that just aren't going to look good on paper.

Who gives a [censored] what TDI does/says? It doesn't affect anyone here. I'd be concerned and surprised if any player let anything like that get to them. We get good training reports and photos. Enough said.