Training - Friday November 21, 2014

The Devil Inside

Be more inclined to take notice of how Benny Boy is travelling at end of preseason not the first 5 mins of it.

The FD seem to think he has something.

Having thought it was probably a good pick up getting Newton, i'm starting to think Gillies all over again.. Hope im wrong, But agree completely with you (Riley too). Unless purposely holding back (which the report doesnt seem to indicate), how will either keep up with any of the elite midfielders in the comp (or better yet out-run)? He would be a liability to Roosey's two way (fatiguing) defensive running game...

Does anyone know if he has any speed at least (we don't really want slow and fatiguing players)?

That sight unseen is it? They are told to take it easy in the first week, fitness staff want to get a handle on them, including filming them which was what was happening yesterday

This is the group who didn't do the hill running, Hogan, Hunt, Riley, Garland, Garlett, Lumumba, Newton, Gawn, Vince, Terlich..JKH, and Tommy Mac who seemed to have a slight issue yesterday, .see the theme?

Added another bit, the reason Frost was on hill run, started a week earlier so all the checks etc have been done, his first week was exactly the same, I know coz was there

Edited by The Devil Inside
  • Like 3

Having thought it was probably a good pick up getting Newton, i'm starting to think Gillies all over again.. Hope im wrong, But agree completely with you (Riley too). Unless purposely holding back (which the report doesnt seem to indicate), how will either keep up with any of the elite midfielders in the comp (or better yet out-run)? He would be a liability to Roosey's two way (fatiguing) defensive running game...

Does anyone know if he has any speed at least (we don't really want slow and fatiguing players)?

Far too early to make a call like that. The recruiters aren't stupid. They've been watching him for a long time and know what he offers.

• Like 5

anyone actually know what Tappys back injury is? Serious or just set him back a couple weeks?

I asked Josh Mahoney where he was and he just said paraphrasing "back injury, pointless him training on"......I confirmed it with Dave Misson who said it was a shame, can't see us going with him for a rookie spot, but stranger things have happened......we have had quite a few with a body that just won't stay together. I asked him at the first training this year how he was feeling, he was just hoping his body would hold together, totally understood why club had delisted him, of course wasn't happy....but was more than willing to give it a shot to earn a rookie spot
  • Like 3

LOL

Nearly everyone here had him in their best 22!! Demonland goggles...

I asked Josh Mahoney where he was and he just said paraphrasing "back injury, pointless him training on"......I confirmed it with Dave Misson who said it was a shame, can't see us going with him for a rookie spot, but stranger things have happened......we have had quite a few with a body that just won't stay together. I asked him at the first training this year how he was feeling, he was just hoping his body would hold together, totally understood why club had delisted him, of course wasn't happy....but was more than willing to give it a shot to earn a rookie spot

really sucks as he had such potential but could not get a run at it.

It looks as if the FD were ready to give Tappy every chance to come good, but it just hasn't panned out. Could be that with his injuries he hasn't much of a football future at any level. I'm very sorry if that's so, he certainly deserves better than "Looks like T, plays like J".

It looks as if the FD were ready to give Tappy every chance to come good, but it just hasn't panned out. Could be that with his injuries he hasn't much of a football future at any level. I'm very sorry if that's so, he certainly deserves better than "Looks like T, plays like J".

I think Jane would be able to get out on the park with more frequency.

Dunn has always been competitive and has always been good one on one. I think his brainfades have probably been when he has tried to manufacture something and tried to do too much. I remember Roos comment on Dunn's Torp v GCS and he said something along the lines that while it was the wrong play his intention was there and he did it to try and win. He is probably the sort of guy to benefit from knowing his role and playing it.

I think he will finish his career as a true clubman and be recognised as someone who played an integral role in improving our clubs onfield success.

Top post - I absolutely agree.

Dunn is one of my favourite players.

• Like 1

What is watts doing with Grimes? It looks like... no, it couldn't be...tackling? Is this the shape of things to come or just a freak photo?

I think they were just trying to stop each other from falling over.

I think they were just trying to stop each other from falling over.

lol

I like what I'm reading about Lynden Dunn who has taken a long time to mature and establish himself as a regular senior player of value to the team.

For so long it appeared that, like so many others who have come and gone at the club, he would never live up to his first round draft selection. He was Dunny, the larrikin with the dumb moustache who had needless scraps with teammates and injured them at training, who suffered brain fades during matches that were costly to the team. Suddenly, nearing the twilight of his career it's as if the penny dropped and he's become one of the club's solid citizens setting an example for his younger teammates not only during the season but in that important time of the preseason when much of the hard work has to be done to ensure a successful year ahead.

Who would have thunk it?

The shaving of the moustache appears to have heralded a turning point for ol Lynden.

• Like 1

I like what I'm reading about Lynden Dunn who has taken a long time to mature and establish himself as a regular senior player of value to the team.

For so long it appeared that, like so many others who have come and gone at the club, he would never live up to his first round draft selection. He was Dunny, the larrikin with the dumb moustache who had needless scraps with teammates and injured them at training, who suffered brain fades during matches that were costly to the team. Suddenly, nearing the twilight of his career it's as if the penny dropped and he's become one of the club's solid citizens setting an example for his younger teammates not only during the season but in that important time of the preseason when much of the hard work has to be done to ensure a successful year ahead.

Who would have thunk it?

That leadership especially during pre-season by Dunny has been on the go for a couple of years.

He was very vocal last year, encouraging players to run, tackle and try harder. I presume he did much the same thing in the inner sanctum of the Gym etc..

The areas us supporters never get a chance to see.