Changes vs Western Bulldogs

What

Backline missed terlichs gathering and running out of back 30.

The backline missed it the last time he played, too. I assumed he was playing injured because it was unlike him to be so tentative. Mind you, Terlich at his best is still a heart-in-mouth player as you never quite know what he's going to do next. But I don't doubt his courage or his willingness to do the team thing to the best of his ability...the question to ask is whether his best is actually good enough and whether there is any prospect of him improving further.

• Like 2

Garland's ability to play on a tall or a small makes him more valuable than others plus he's in the Leadership group and nothing to be served by sending him back with the absolute spuds at Casey

I also think Salem might have rest for Terlich.

We have a real problem with defensive pressure. Why not play Garlo as a defensive forward? would also help JKH

We have a real problem with defensive pressure. Why not play Garlo as a defensive forward? would also help JKH

I reckon that's the role for Bail personally

It will be interesting to see whether Roos brings Blease in to have a look - he seems to have ticked many though not all of the boxes in recent weeks. If he doesn't get a run it could well mean that he has given up on him.

His comments re tiredness to me suggests that Salem will "get a rest" somewhere, on or off a footy field. He certainly looked off the pace Sunday, though he does show class when the ball gets near him even then. Will he recall JKH even as sub, to offer some late spark and flair, particularly as he wasn't 'dropped' due to poor form but rather as a bit of a 'rest' as well - player management. He could also be concerned that too long at Casey in their present situation could have a toxic effect on this young potential star.

Sure Garland is out of form - but whether he would be 'dropped' is another issue. Personally I would consider swapping him and Frawley. Anyone who saw Casey - did Georgiou do much to press his claims? Similar query re Michie.

Riley is another interesting one - is he having trouble with the overall pace of the game, or is he still underdone after his delayed start?

It will be interesting to see whether Roos brings Blease in to have a look - he seems to have ticked many though not all of the boxes in recent weeks. If he doesn't get a run it could well mean that he has given up on him.

His comments re tiredness to me suggests that Salem will "get a rest" somewhere, on or off a footy field. He certainly looked off the pace Sunday, though he does show class when the ball gets near him even then. Will he recall JKH even as sub, to offer some late spark and flair, particularly as he wasn't 'dropped' due to poor form but rather as a bit of a 'rest' as well - player management. He could also be concerned that too long at Casey in their present situation could have a toxic effect on this young potential star.

Sure Garland is out of form - but whether he would be 'dropped' is another issue. Personally I would consider swapping him and Frawley. Anyone who saw Casey - did Georgiou do much to press his claims? Similar query re Michie.

Riley is another interesting one - is he having trouble with the overall pace of the game, or is he still underdone after his delayed start?

They don't train with Casey, do they? Which means they are only "at Casey" for a few hours on game day. While I'd like a better relationship with our VFL colleagues, realistically it's a bit hard to see how a few hours on gameday is going to somehow infect professional footballers who spend the rest of the week with the senior list.

yep

Out: Cross, McKenzie

In F- K

Now it's McKenzie and Cross as forced outs. But I'd still drop Riley, just doesn't seem fit enough. Keep Salem as sub in light of changes, he's too good to drop the 2's in a week we have so many outs, he can go back to Casey next week but we have a game to win and he's a super sub.

In:
Blease (for Riley as a half forward)

Michie (for Cross as an extra inside mid)

Evans (for McKenzie as a tagger, time to try something new for Evans)

Roos doesnt like to make that many changes... 2 are forced... he might leave it at that.

Fortunately the doggies have some issues with

Injuries: Griffen (back spasms), Grant (broken nose), Roughead (shoulder)

Suspension: Giansiracusa reported for rough conduct (1 week)

Though some of those injured may well play.

Feel like the Casey cupboard is empty at the moment, so not one obvious to bring back.

We really need Blease or Nicho style line breaking, but neither player is setting the VFL on fire...

Edited by PaulRB

How many negating players are needed against the Bulldogs? If Griffen and Cooney are both out, who's left? Libba? and maybe Bob Murphy? Perhaps Riley gets his chance to play a meaningful role running with Libba. And if Murphy plays back, Bail takes him; if he plays forward, Grimes takes him on.

Perhaps this is the week for Blease to come in to provide some attacking flair. And maybe Gawn to really stretch the Bulldogs backline.

Though some of those injured may well play.

Feel like the Casey cupboard is empty at the moment, so not one obvious to bring back.

We really need Blease or Nicho style line breaking, but neither player is setting the VFL on fire...

No nicho please!

We saw last week what happens when your disposal is not up to scratch

Out - Cross Mckenzie Riley,Garland,Bail

In - Blease,toumpas,Michie,Georgiou,Gawn

not sure Georgiou is even eligable to play, certainly won't sacrifice a runner for Gawn,

i don't think they will make changes for the sake of making changes

max 3 changes, Out: Mckenzie, Cross, Salem

In: Michie, Blease, JKH

Out - Cross Mckenzie Riley,Garland,Bail

In - Blease,toumpas,Michie,Georgiou,Gawn

I would rather Garland over Georgiou and keep Bail because when he turns up to play he provides important run and carry/spread

OUTS: Mckenzie Cross Riley (just hasn't shown anything - Salem has)

INS: Michie Terlich Blease/Toumpas/JKH/Evans

I would like to see the above but there will probably only be two changes due to Casey's poor form so:

Outs: Mckenzie Cross

Ins: Michie Terlich/Blease (depends on whether Roos wants speed or muscle)

If we bring in Gawn we may very well win in the centre but we will probably be to slow around the ground.

Given that we are playing the Bulldogs I expect us to be able to get the ball in the forward 50m more - JKH and Kent at the feet of Dawes Frawley, Watts and Pedo could be dangerous.

I expect us to be able to move the ball a lot more freely and link up kicks with an opposition such as the dogs. These are the games we should expect to win.

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

not sure Georgiou is even eligable to play, certainly won't sacrifice a runner for Gawn,

i don't think they will make changes for the sake of making changes

max 3 changes, Out: Mckenzie, Cross, Salem

In: Michie, Blease, JKH

Bail plays as a forward so Gawn replaces him and is a hard match up.

Garlands been ordinary at best and Georgiou is still eligible.

JKH was also ordinary in the twos.

Bail plays as a forward so Gawn replaces him and is a hard match up.

Garlands been ordinary at best and Georgiou is still eligible.

JKH was also ordinary in the twos.

Was Georgiou upgraded because Riley was on the LTI?

You can add Crameri to the list (Show Cause Syndrome)

• Like 1