Players to target at the end of the year

On todays performance Carlisle is not a forward but I rate him as a defender, not sure on his contract situation but if he wants to play down back, may be worth having a word in his ear

Nup! and yes it's my opinion.

Can i hear your reasoning?

I will provide mine below.

After watching and reading more about Jaskch over the past few days i am impressed. He is agile, athletic and a beautiful overhead mark. Despite he is not originally as good as Boyd, Tomlinson, Patton and Cameron, he could definitely reach that level. I would gladly line him up next to Dawes and Hogan. If Tomlinson would be available over Jaskch i would be happy to take him.

O'rourke may be the missing piece in the midfield puzzle. He would combine with Tyson, Viney, N Jones, Vince, Cross, Watts and Trengove beautifully in coming years. I would take him in a heart beat.

Plus:

If Frawley were to leave... We could use hypothetically pick 3 and take a KPP from the draft or trade pick 3 to GWS.

So we finish with:

In; KPP Draft Gun, O'rourke, Jaskch

Out: Pick 2, 3rd rounder

If Frawley doesnt leave, the dynamics do change. But i'd still be happy to do this.

I do not believe we could secure Patton, Cameron or Boyd as there is no way GWS will let them leave

Can i hear your reasoning?

I will provide mine below.

After watching and reading more about Jaskch over the past few days i am impressed. He is agile, athletic and a beautiful overhead mark. Despite he is not originally as good as Boyd, Tomlinson, Patton and Cameron, he could definitely reach that level. I would gladly line him up next to Dawes and Hogan. If Tomlinson would be available over Jaskch i would be happy to take him.

O'rourke may be the missing piece in the midfield puzzle. He would combine with Tyson, Viney, N Jones, Vince, Cross, Watts and Trengove beautifully in coming years. I would take him in a heart beat.

Plus:

If Frawley were to leave... We could use hypothetically pick 3 and take a KPP from the draft or trade pick 3 to GWS.

So we finish with:

In; KPP Draft Gun, O'rourke, Jaskch

Out: Pick 2, 3rd rounder

If Frawley doesnt leave, the dynamics do change. But i'd still be happy to do this.

I do not believe we could secure Patton, Cameron or Boyd as there is no way GWS will let them leave

I've seen Jaskch play and he doesn't impress me and pick 2 for O'Rourke is overs.

The Tyson trade worked because we still got Salem who apparently we rated. Tyson had also played some good senior football picking up a rising star nomination, injury being the only thing that held him up. O'Rourke is nowhere near this yet. I'm not saying O'Rourke won't be good but I am saying that there in no way known he is worth pick 2.

Besides this if we had 2 picks in the top few I would still be taking a couple of the talls on offer or think of giving one up for a quality mid from a desperate team, but it would have to be for an A grader. The dogs would have to give up Griffen, Carlton, Murphy, Collingwood, Beams...you get my drift. In other words we would keep the pick.

Forget O Rourke ATM, he needs to show he can play at the top level first. Much better options than him. Plenty if we are considering given out pick 1 or 2. O Rourke was expected to go in the late teens and he isn't exactly the player we need.

Not a big get, but I would go after Goldsack from the Pies. Works hard, tall forward and cool sounding name.. I think he is out of contract too.

Agree - Before we draft or contract any player we should have Dennis Cometti say their name and if it doesnt sound good its simple - we dont go afte the player.

I've seen Jaskch play and he doesn't impress me and pick 2 for O'Rourke is overs.

The Tyson trade worked because we still got Salem who apparently we rated. Tyson had also played some good senior football picking up a rising star nomination, injury being the only thing that held him up. O'Rourke is nowhere near this yet. I'm not saying O'Rourke won't be good but I am saying that there in no way known he is worth pick 2.

Besides this if we had 2 picks in the top few I would still be taking a couple of the talls on offer or think of giving one up for a quality mid from a desperate team, but it would have to be for an A grader. The dogs would have to give up Griffen, Carlton, Murphy, Collingwood, Beams...you get my drift. In other words we would keep the pick.

Would it change if it was Tomlinson and Shiel for pick 2 and 3rd rounder?

Just watched O'Rourke's old highlights from his draft year, and he didn't look as good as I remembered.

I was surprised he went pick 2 at the time, and that hasn't changed.

I'll be watching him closely this round as he has been named for GWS.

I, like many others, would still target GWS for a kid with a couple of years put into him.

Someone like Plowman (love him), Tomlinson, Shiel, Hoskin-Elliot or O'Rourke.

GWS still have a great depth of talent and will look to consolidate that where they can.

As for mature age FAs, I'd be looking hard at Rosa.

He has already made noises about potentially looking at coming home to Victoria.

• Like 1

Tex Walker played today, pulled up good.

He's been a favourite of mine ever since his 2012 year, I actually jokingly tweeted to him over a year ago saying to him to come to the dees. Now with his two best mates at Melbourne and with our key forward retired, let's go and try to get him over.

Just watched O'Rourke's old highlights from his draft year, and he didn't look as good as I remembered.

I, like many others, would still target GWS for a kid with a couple of years put into him.

GWS still have a great depth of talent and will look to consolidate that where they can.

He has already made noises about potentially looking at coming home to Victoria.

If Frawley leaves i wouldnt want Rosa. Dont want to compromise our compo pick.

Also Plowman could play forward, he's a KPP.

Hoskin-Ellit hasnt proven too much, but i've always liked the look of him.

Shiel is a jet

If Frawley leaves i wouldnt want Rosa. Dont want to compromise our compo pick.

Also Plowman could play forward, he's a KPP.

Hoskin-Ellit hasnt proven too much, but i've always liked the look of him.

Shiel is a jet

Plowman isn't key position sized. Up forward he wouldn't be better than Howe. Down back he's potentially better but still a long way off Garland and Dunn.

I'd cool the fascination on GWS players.

I'd be all over Shiel, myself. Gonna be a gun. I'd put him on a meaty 3 year deal and he can relocate to his home state.

• Like 1

Sounds like Taylor Walker could be back to his best if his two's appearance is an indication. 3 goals, 3 behinds. Not bad after a year in the sidelines.

Get Bernie in his ear ASAP. A night out on the town should do the trick for the pair of 'em!

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

did you see Atley v Fremantle. Pace. Run and carry. Perfect half back to compliment Grimes.

We would win in this deal. Players like Clem Smith will be around pick 11. double win !!

Not worth pick 2.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

My top targets

Luke Shuey Eagles

Luke Parker Swans

Shaun Atley Kangas

Jono O'Rourke Gws

Adam Tomlinson Gws (swap for Mfc 2nd round #22ish)

Later pick swaps

Jarryd Lyons Crows (swap for Tapscott).

Jordan Schroder Cats (swap for Mfc 3rd round#40 ish)

Free agents

Brad Sewell Hawks

Nick Malcevski Swans

Edited by spirit of norm smith

Plowman isn't key position sized. Up forward he wouldn't be better than Howe. Down back he's potentially better but still a long way off Garland and Dunn.

I'd cool the fascination on GWS players.

191cm, yes he is.

Nth: get our pick 2

Mfc: get Atley and Nth pick 11 (approx). We would get a bonus hit. Atley at 21 is ready to be a gun

No, because of last years trade that doesnt make sense. We gave up pick 2 for Tyson and pick 9.

Tyson>Atley (Now and in the future)

pick 9>pick 11

191cm, yes he is.

No, because of last years trade that doesnt make sense. We gave up pick 2 for Tyson and pick 9.

Tyson>Atley (Now and in the future)

pick 9>pick 11

If you think plowman at 191cm is key position height you are delusional. Let's run through some other key forward heights..

Hawkins-197cm

Cloke-196cm

Tippett-200cm

Kennedy-196cm

Did you watch hawthorn vs Geelong monday? Did you see what happens when 188cm Cheney took on 197cm Hawkins? What about Andrew walker who is 190cm, you think he is key position defensive height too?

did you see Atley v Fremantle. Pace. Run and carry. Perfect half back to compliment Grimes.

We would win in this deal. Players like Clem Smith will be around pick 11. double win !!

Please factor in kicking ability when looking at any player, especially one in which you would hypothetically give up a pick 2 for...

Atley can't kick. Like half of North's list. Which is why they are so up and down.

We need well rounded footballers. Not more of the 'one or two special attribute' kinds.

• Like 1