Lynden Dunn unrestricted free agent

olisik

Will be massive blow if he walks. He is one of the best in the comp at 1 on 1 contests, soldier in defence and our best kick back there. We need his big body back there going forward and will be a massive blow if he leaves the MFC. Lets hope he resigns as he is just hitting his prime.

• Like 1

Well after all the time and money invested in Dunn I believe he is just starting to repay some of that. I would rate him as a required player for next year. He has a mature, hard body, has some footy smarts (and some dumbs) and knows his limitations.

However, touch wood, I would say the best attribute he brings to MFC is durability. He manages to stay on the track and is available to play every week. He is available for selection, that ability in itself puts him ahead of about 60% of our injury prone list.

• Like 1

He did that last time he was a UFA, a year and a bit ago.

He showed faith and resigned only for us to keep sitting at the bottom of the ladder. He may not be so happy to resign again. We have no reliable players who can play HBF like Lynden can.

He showed faith and resigned only for us to keep sitting at the bottom of the ladder. He may not be so happy to resign again. We have no reliable players who can play HBF like Lynden can.

We have reliable proof Lynden Dunn can play HBF. A few good and mainly reasonable games last year in 1 year of what an 8 year career isn't great proof.

I also doubt he has any suitors, ask an opposition supporter about Lynden Dunn and they will laugh or say 'has he not been delisted yet?'

We've managed to attract Cross, Michie and Vince. If Dunn goes against our wishes we could probably find a half a replacement.

We would be laughing if Clark Watts Trengove and Toumpas had the durability, fight and consistency of Lynden.

Oh stop it. This is getting funny now. Durability sure. But fight and consistency haha

The only thing Dunn has been consistent at is changing positions and getting dropped.

Edited by the master

Will be massive blow if he walks. He is one of the best in the comp at 1 on 1 contests, soldier in defence and our best kick back there. We need his big body back there going forward and will be a massive blow if he leaves the MFC. Lets hope he resigns as he is just hitting his prime.

Is that you Lynden?

Dunn has spent most of his career as a bloke that is picked in the team once 16 others have been decided upon. So far he's played bit parts and the occasional cameo. Hopefully his preseason form carries into the real matches, but based on the rest of his games I'm unconvinced that he'll ever be someone that we would regret losing.

• Like 1

We nurture players like Dunn, Watts and Spencer for years and as soon as one comes good everyone is happy to see him go. Sigh

Not 'happy'. I'm just not going to weep about a player that has always been a NQR wandering off into the sunset.

Not 'happy'. I'm just not going to weep about a player that has always been a NQR wandering off into the sunset.

Watts is also an NQR wandering in the sunset. People would be crying out loud if he was UFA this year, especially if he had a ripper pre season.

I'd be happy for him to resign

Ditto

We nurture players like Dunn, Watts and Spencer for years and as soon as one comes good everyone is happy to see him go. Sigh

Agree.

One of the few players in the side, besides Watts, who can actually pass a ball accurately.

I just love those chips to the back pocket after a point and then back to the goal square, where we turn it over for a goal.

Dunn kicks it out about 50-60 metres straight to a team mate. If played up forward he can bomb a long goal and can even tag in the midfield. Yeah we have plenty of those.

• Like 1

I'd be happy for him to resign

I would be happy if he re-signed.

Semantics, you just gotta love 'em!

Edited by hardtack

He has been on the list for 10 years, olisik.

If he is 'in his prime' it is the near the end of it - that is how long he has taken to become a productive role player.

And it is a HBF - I am sorry to all the HBFs out there but it is the easiest position to play in the world ever.

• Like 2

If he is 'in his prime' it is the near the end of it - that is how long he has taken to become a productive role player.

And it is a HBF - I am sorry to all the HBFs out there but it is the easiest position to play in the world ever.

He is 26 going on 27 so I wouldn't exactly say he is "near" the end of it and I would not say playing HBF for the MFC is exactly the easiest position in the world to play either.

Dunn has spent most of his career as a bloke that is picked in the team once 16 others have been decided upon. So far he's played bit parts and the occasional cameo. Hopefully his preseason form carries into the real matches, but based on the rest of his games I'm unconvinced that he'll ever be someone that we would regret losing.

I agree, I wouldn't be held over a barrel by many players on the MFC list.

But at the same time, I see no reason why our players should show loyalty and sign - when the coach himself is holding off.

I do not like the current set up and I really like what James Frawley is doing.

James Frawley is basically saying.. Hang on a minute here, Roosey, you taking the p*ss or not.

If you are serious about this Paul, then so am I.. But.. If you are not serious about this cause, then catch you all later.

Frawley is a blessing, he is showing leadership...

• Like 1

Another year like most of his last 9 at the club and he will be "near the end of it". Maybe, just maybe he might have an improved year, and he has shown a bit in pre season, but that's hardly a convincing case for wrist slashing if he goes.

• Like 1

Hey I played my last two or three seasons at half back, oh yeah you are probably right come to think of it. However sometimes you can put a highly skilled, attacking player at HB and set up play from there.

Just think how the Pies may go this year, they have not only Harry O'Brien attacking off half back but they also have Hertier Lumumba as well. Both those guys are attacking types who set up play. Gee they play a similar game, I often have trouble picking which one is which.

• Like 1