Chip Frawley

Deemotivated

Now Bossdog I have no desire to get into a slanging match with you so think nice.

Agent says believe me I am telling you the truth.

Who would I give the most credence ?

The media or a player agent?

Tough decision, at this minute it is a draw till further evidence surfaces.

Honestly though OD, don't you think it's pretty easy for one newspaper to pick a figure then everyone just runs with it?

Even you're taking their side, as opposed to believing Frawley's manager.

FMD.

Short memories, small brains.

Steve, the fact you go along with the crowd is not something to be proud of.

This isn't having one iota of an effect on me personally.

It's just stupefying to see so many supporters with so little clue.

I don't kno what you're banging on about with the short memories thing.

Machsy, your frustration levels are becoming comical. You're starting personally attack supporters who see something you don't.

Cognitive dissonance my friend.

I'm not going to press the issue anymore with you. It's clear you see Frawley in a different light. But to suggest people 'have little clue' and 'small brains' because of a difference in opinion says much more about yourself than the one's you're accusing.

There are many supporters, even outside this demonland forum who share the same view.

We can't all have small brains Machsy. C'mon now.

This is utter crap.

It's also worth remembering the average salary is up to $300k now.

That's a player like Rohan Bail, Blease or Tapscott.

Average players.

Do you think Frawley is worth 2&1/2 of those types?

I know he is.

You don't understand the concept "average" do you?

• Like 1

Honestly though OD, don't you think it's pretty easy for one newspaper to pick a figure then everyone just runs with it?

Even you're taking their side, as opposed to believing Frawley's manager.

Happens all the time but the question for me " is that any more honest than the average Player agent"

Take buddys manager comments through 2013 kept saying he has not made a decision yet will do at the end of the season and then we all find out it was a locked deal before the season even started and led GWS down the garden path till the day of the announcement.

They are a very honest mob agents!

• Like 1

FMD.

Short memories, small brains.

Steve, the fact you go along with the crowd is not something to be proud of.

This isn't having one iota of an effect on me personally.

It's just stupefying to see so many supporters with so little clue.

let's get this straight Machsy.

You are more than happy to pay Chip in the vicinity of $800,000 to stay and those that think that is a ridiculous figure and disagree have "small brains"???

You don't understand the concept "average" do you?

I do. They are average players on our list. They would be getting average salaries.

Sure, it's an assumption, but if not exactly that, they'd be pretty close.

You understand the concept of player retention, and that a 7th year player courted by other clubs won't stay for peanuts, aren't you?

Happens all the time but the question for me " is that any more honest than the average Player agent"

Take buddys manager comments through 2013 kept saying he has not made a decision yet will do at the end of the season and then we all find out it was a locked deal before the season even started and led GWS down the garden path till the day of the announcement.

They are a very honest mob agents!

I know.

Point is, we can't trust or rely on any of them!

Take every claim with a grain of salt.

Haha.

Machsy, not everyone is seeing it like this. Myself being one.

But you're so frustrated and annoyed that there are some who are perhaps thinking that way that you bundle everyone into one!

Who is frustrated and annoyed?

Just presenting an alternative viewpoint.

I don't think you're correct, and you're misrepresenting the facts, but I'm not frustrated by it.

That's for you to worry about.

Who is frustrated and annoyed?

Just presenting an alternative viewpoint.

I don't think you're correct, and you're misrepresenting the facts, but I'm not frustrated by it.

That's for you to worry about.

Go back and read some of your posts and take not of the language you choose to use..

You're delusional son.

What 'facts' have I misinterpreted?!

You've lost it.

Haha.

Machsy, not everyone is seeing it like this. Myself being one.

But you're so frustrated and annoyed that there are some who are perhaps thinking that way that you bundle everyone into one!

I don't generally like having a go at posters but this guy "Machsy" just abuses people non stop just to be contrarion. The guy has racked up 2350 posts since last June and was the same under his other alises (e25, Jose Mourinho, Artie Bucco etc etc) racking up thousands of posts in a short amount of time then creating new user names. He's an internet troll who has no life other than getting into faux arguments on the net, better off just leaving him be/putting him on ignore and actually discussing footy/the MFC with other people who genuinely want to have a discussion rather than persoanlly attack people for differences of opinion in repetitive posts on every single thread.

• Like 3

can't trust the media

can't trust the player managers

can't trust the afl

can't trust the umpires to be consistent

can't trust the players

can't trust what the club tells you

certainly can't trust demonland posters

the only thing i trust over the last 8 years is the accuracy of the AFL Ladder

• Like 3

I don't generally like having a go at posters but this guy "Machsy" just abuses people non stop just to be contrarion. The guy has racked up 2350 posts since last June and was the same under his other alises (e25, Jose Mourinho, Artie Bucco etc etc) racking up thousands of posts in a short amount of time then creating new user names. He's an internet troll who has no life other than getting into faux arguments on the net, better off just leaving him be/putting him on ignore and actually discussing footy/the MFC with other people who genuinely want to have a discussion rather than persoanlly attack people for differences of opinion in repetitive posts on every single thread.

i did wonder whether this was E25 Artie José....

I reckon he might have been Sambo too.

Similiar attitudes...

I do. They are average players on our list. They would be getting average salaries.

Sure, it's an assumption, but if not exactly that, they'd be pretty close.

You understand the concept of player retention, and that a 7th year player courted by other clubs won't stay for peanuts, aren't you?

I understand the concept of list management and not paying players more than their worth to the team. If we want to be successful we to start setting some standards. I want Frawley to stay but if he thinks we'll pay $800k (using this figure as the one that's been bandied about as his asking price to leave) he's delusional. He had a great season 4 years ago, the last couple of seasons he's been just OK to poor in some games. Granted it would be difficult to play in our backline but that doesn't alter the facts. $800k/year is for A-grade mids and top KPF's, not for KPD's who haven't performed the last couple of years.

I don't agree.

He is much better than that.

And while $800k is reportedly his asking price TO LEAVE, I think it's at the upper eschelon of what he should reasonable expect to be paid.

His true worth has been hidden by our ineptitude.

the 800K came from Mark Robinson...that alone may make it a work of fiction...true/false, he doesn't care... he gets the scoop headline

• Like 2

let's get this straight Machsy.

You are more than happy to pay Chip in the vicinity of $800,000 to stay and those that think that is a ridiculous figure and disagree have "small brains"???

He is not asking for $800,000 to stay.

He is saying it will take that before he would consider leaving.

So if we offered $600,000 and he received no offers over $800,00 he would stay.

In other words he is saying don't come and annoy me, leave me alone unless you want to offer the big bucks. So if some club is silly enough he would take the money, we will be compensated probably No. 2 someone like Josh Kelly. Would that be fair?

All I was saying that no one knows what players get except the player,his manager, the club, and the AFL

Some reporter thinks $800,000 is about right and then it is stated as fact and so it goes on that whenever that player is mentioned so is the $800,000 that he is getting.

Posters are calling for Chip's blood but have no idea what he is on, what he is worth to others clubs, what his thoughts are....Either do the media...

By the way what do you reckon Robbo gets for his TV shows and newspapers work?

In other words he is saying don't come and annoy me, leave me alone unless you want to offer the big bucks. So if some club is silly enough he would take the money, we will be compensated probably No. 2 someone like Josh Kelly. Would that be fair?

i didn't read that in the article

but i was never good at reading between the lines

when he says he bleeds red'n'blue i'll know he's gone

Well aware of that...I am also fairly confident that Hawthorn & Fremantle have been circling since last year...Both would pay that figure...

All I was saying that no one knows what players get except the player,his manager, the club, and the AFL

Some reporter thinks $800,000 is about right and then it is stated as fact and so it goes on that whenever that player is mentioned so is the $800,000 that he is getting.

Posters are calling for Chip's blood but have no idea what he is on, what he is worth to others clubs, what his thoughts are....Either do the media...

By the way what do you reckon Robbo gets for his TV shows and newspapers work?

whatever it is he is overpaid...can't write, is biased and can't put a sentence together when speaking!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

I would love to keep Frawley as he is one of very few defenders we have who actually defends and because of that I have often forgiven his short comings.

However he needs to accept that as a seasoned player he is as much a part of the problem as anything, and his wanting to see the direction the club takes is a monumental cop out for someone who should be a driving force in setting the standards and direction the club is taking.

It would be a step back for a club that really can't take many more backward steps to lose him but if we are serious about changing the culture then we can't be held ransom by any players, from our best player through to those rookie listed.

It will be on issues like this that the club can set the boundaries of the new culture it wants to set and if that means we have to take a stand and lose Chip then so be it.

I'm sure there is still a bit of water to flow under the bridge on this one yet.

• Like 1