All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

An organisation should aim to be an employer of choice. As a result, an organisation should exercise common sense and a heart. The Neeld years were an example of a Dictatorship. Roos, I believe, understands this. We can't compete on a,performance level, therefore the club should aim to be an employer of choice in EVERY other area.

It's very understandable that Mitch take some leave as a result of the mental/emotional strain he has been under for 2 years. He isn't going to play or be able train fully for some weeks. Therefore give him a break to come back (at some level) refreshed...

As I said. Common Sense!

Not if you believe what the club has said previously. His problem they say is the result of time out caused by the foot injury and a lack of conditioning to play and train without getting soft tissue injuries. He needs to get work into his body, the foot is not a problem.

If he's just done a calf on the back of a hammy then I'd say as long as he's icing the calf, doing a bit of swimming or other light cardio that he can do then for the initial few weeks it will make little difference. At some stage in a few weeks time it will presumably be time for him to resume conditioning activities that are best served at the club. But if the other issues aren't sorted then it's a waste of time anyway.

The initial time away sounded like a good idea to me. But eventually after a break the best way for anyone to get back to their best is to get back to work if they can. WIthin about a month from now I would like to here that he's back at the club even if it's just part time for some conditioning and then some time with the players who are his friends.

If an immediate family member of mine passes I am given 3 days paid leave. LiKe Mitch I would be going through a tough time...probably worse and like Mitch it would not be my fault. So tell me why Mitch should be paid 35k a week when the average person in our society would not get more then a few days paid leave for losing a family member.

Ok, let's look at it unemotionally.

You don't seem to understand that his salary is non-negotiable, as there is a contract in place.

As such, he is an extremely high value investment and you'd think it's in our best interests to get maximum value for that investment.

That will come by getting Clark in the best physical and mental condition possible.

That's what giving him time off is aiming to do.

Or you could look at it like a rational human being with some semblance of decency, and you'd end up coming to the same conclusion.

• Like 4

Ok, let's look at it unemotionally.

You don't seem to understand that his salary is non-negotiable, as there is a contract in place.

As such, he is an extremely high value investment and you'd think it's in our best interests to get maximum value for that investment.

That will come by getting Clark in the best physical and mental condition possible.

That's what giving him time off is aiming to do.

Or you could look at it like a rational human being with some semblance of decency, and you'd end up coming to the same conclusion.

Now I agree with all except the last line Machsy

You are assuming you have the mortgage on 'decency"

That is a "do you still beat your wife " statement

No

and I doubt anyone except a few in the FD.

Sounds like the entire footy media have a pretty good idea but they for once are doing the right thing.

I would like to see Mitch open up about his troubles eventually as I think it can be therapeutic and it's better to tell your story than have someone tell it for you but not right now. Mike Sheahan on the MFC website would be good for business if there is a right time for it.

3 days? Who do you work for? The Grinch?

BTW, Mitch ain't dead. Bad example!

Standard, I get the same. Wife's mum passed last year I got 3 days. Rubbish but that's what my agreement states. We a handful of staff on old agreements where they get unlimited personal leave, lucky them.

ok I lied I said that's my only comment on this thread , but I just cant help my self thanks to you dudes who supported my right to have a say and again thanks , but for me I don't think ol mate mitch will play footy again (bugger it )ive been reading land for a few years now and up till a few weeks ago was seriously thinking about chucking in a few bob to help out but since then nuh aint gunna happen , I can get used abused and whatever for free , aren't I lucky ? I have an opinion , at times I have a rant ? that's not normal here ?? , , its a boys club here im over it , after all I am a demon supporter of 53 years and im not putting up with crap from those who want be banned for an opinion , SIUYFA

barndee, there are a lot of tossers on here, somedays it feels like you are in the long room wearing shorts and a singlet, if you have an opinion that is contrary to what is considered the norm you will be censored or banned, we are all dees supporters

barndee, there are a lot of tossers on here, somedays it feels like you are in the long room wearing shorts and a singlet, if you have an opinion that is contrary to what is considered the norm you will be censored or banned, we are all dees supporters

I think more often than not you will find it is not necessarily the difference of opinion, but the way that opinion is expressed.

• Like 4

well I am yet to be offended by anything I have read

It's not just about what might offend us... I have found some of the comments to be utterly disrespectful of Mitch Clark and more often than not, based entirely on conjecture with not an ounce of fact involved.

• Like 1

oh bugger you hardtack what did I say that was disrespective of mitch , he is a great fav of mine , what did I say that shows disrespect , ? im waiting

y'know does mitch read these posts. I think not, you seem to be saying he does, where are your facts?

I'm saying no such thing, but whether he reads them or not, they are unwarranted. I do however believe, and have said a couple of times already, that the kinds of thoughts expressed by a few on here probably do find their way to him via social media, his own website and possibly even in public and that is not good if he is in a fragile state of mind.