• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

R.I.P. Demonology

Ok. Got it.

Soooooo delete your details if you can, if not, report them to the ombudsman.

Just seems to be a lot of overly dramatic reactions about the whole thing.

You can't delete you account, site doesn't have at feature......Also, there are these things called back ups.

Demonology has gone into shifty hands, not the MFC. Again, I think people are overstating it's importance and influence.

I honestly understand the sentiment, people feel emotionally invested in these kinds of forums about things we're as passionate about as footy.

But the internet isn't the wild west, there are regulators (actually, even the wild wild west had those). It's a shame it's been all but destroyed, but honestly, it's only an internet forum not the club itself.

It's also complicated by the fact the people behind the takeover (demon2demon) claim to have an official link to the club.

Demonology has gone into shifty hands, not the MFC. Again, I think people are overstating it's importance and influence.

I honestly understand the sentiment, people feel emotionally invested in these kinds of forums about things we're as passionate about as footy.

But the internet isn't the wild west, there are regulators (actually, even the wild wild west had those). It's a shame it's been all but destroyed, but honestly, it's only an internet forum not the club itself.

It's a community that means something to some people. Doesn't mean anything personally to you - fine. I for one would be pretty pissed if Andy and Jack were tricked in to handing over the keys to Demonland to some fruitloop who saw my patronage of this site as some means to some crazy end after a decade of contributing to the site.

• Like 11

It's a community that means something to some people. Doesn't mean anything personally to you - fine. I for one would be pretty [censored] if Andy and Jack were tricked in to handing over the keys to Demonland to some fruitloop who saw my patronage of this site as some means to some crazy end after a decade of contributing to the site.

That's why I've said, a few times, I can totally understand the sentiment and the disappointment with losing the forum.

That's not my point though.

Can someone please explain to me in "layman's" terms what we are all arguing about here?

Who is being dodgy?

Me no no get it.

Me confused.

Me stupid.

Demonology changed ownership on Friday.

Turns out the brothers who purchased it weren't that liked as posters and one was playing bad cop with poor behaviour whilst the other was playing good cop and pushing the sick owner to hand it over so he could clean it up.

No money changed hands.

The new owners pushed some very hard line save the polar bear censorship rules and started deleting posts, threads and posters like a fat kid at a buffet.

Also been some question marks over the motives of the new owners wanting to make money through the site.

The new owners are part of a group called D2D who are an demons supporter group who do volunteer work for the club in regards to phone calls/marketing.

No one has mentioned the legality of the takeover so I assume it was legal; but one of the biggest issues are privacy and details. Unfortunately there are no options to delete your account and people cant log into theirs to change their passwords.

I don't use the site so I have no vested interest in it, and objectively just looks like a series of unfortunate events but that's life.

Ill cop a bit of flak for that last comment - alot of heated emotions here - but there are worse things in life.

• Like 2

I don't use the site so I have no vested interest in it, and objectively just looks like a series of unfortunate events but that's life.

Ill cop a bit of flak for that last comment - alot of heated emotions here - but there are worse things in life.

In some respects I agree. The point though is that the persons creating the havoc appear to be motivated by the opportunity to make money (for who and what we don't know?) and have leveraged the opportunity off their association with and volunteer work for and inside the MFC.

This goes to more than a simple of issue of the web being the wild west and may have implications of governance for the MFC?

Edited by diesel
  • Like 1

Normally wouldn't care as I've never been a part of 'Ology, until the idea of a 'supporter group' trying to throw some weight around came up. We've still in one of the most unstable times in club history, and there are a bunch of people trying to stifle debate and gain power in this situation for their own means. That, in and of itself, is quite concerning and speaks towards a potential further push. If you want proof of what these 'supporter groups' can do, just look at The Lions Roar with Brisbane which is currently trying to bring down the board. The means and the ends are both very concerning here.

In some respects I agree. The point though is that the persons creating the havoc appear to be motivated by the opportunity to make money (for who and what we don't know?) and have leveraged the opportunity off their association with and volunteer work for and inside the MFC.

This goes to more than a simple of issue of the web being the wild west and may have implications of governance for the MFC?

Oh FFS.

How EXACTLY is he going to make money?

• Like 1

stuie, you're doing yourself no favours mate. As explained above many of us have an affinity with 'land and 'ology based on long term involvement in the community. Many people are also concerned about actions of people in how they represent the MFC and how they treat other members of these communities, both in real life and on the boards.

If you don't care or have any interest that is fine.

There is only one thread on 'land about this. Now that you know what it is about, don't open it again.

You don't need to read it, and arguing with people who care is just trolling.

• Like 4

Oh FFS.

How EXACTLY is he going to make money?

His mantra Is to make money through web traffic.

The bloke is clueless in terms of how he would do this with Demonology and it will be an abject failure, but the fact he has created havoc and is annoying other people in the process is affronting to the few people who have stuck around at 'ology.

His mantra Is to make money through web traffic.

The bloke is clueless in terms of how he would do this with Demonology and it will be an abject failure, but the fact he has created havoc and is annoying other people in the process is affronting to the few people who have stuck around at 'ology.

hahaha he has no chance

There wouldn't be many AFL sites that truly 'make money'. 'land does because it functions off donations. BF does because of a paid membership scheme. No others will.

The web traffic numbers you need to make money off click-through links are huge.

• Like 1

It's a community that means something to some people. Doesn't mean anything personally to you - fine. I for one would be pretty pissed if Andy and Jack were tricked in to handing over the keys to Demonland to some fruitloop who saw my patronage of this site as some means to some crazy end after a decade of contributing to the site.

Don't worry I plan to blow up the whole Internet when I leave Demonland. If I can't have it then no one can have anything online. Bwaahahaaaa.

• Like 6

The web traffic numbers you need to make money off click-through links are huge.

Not necessarily true, depends on the demographic/profile of that traffic. Not to add, depends on how clued-up the site owners/managers are.

stuie, you're doing yourself no favours mate. As explained above many of us have an affinity with 'land and 'ology based on long term involvement in the community. Many people are also concerned about actions of people in how they represent the MFC and how they treat other members of these communities, both in real life and on the boards.

If you don't care or have any interest that is fine.

There is only one thread on 'land about this. Now that you know what it is about, don't open it again.

You don't need to read it, and arguing with people who care is just trolling.

As I've explained above as well, I understand the sentiment factor. No problems there. Just seems to be WAY too much panic about how much power a rubbish run down internet forum has.

I don't think anyone believes Demonology is an official representation of MFC, so I don't think it will hinder us in getting sponsorship, attracting players, or wreck our CEO's reputation.

If you really think that carp website has ANY influence on MFC's reputation, then you'll be shocked if you make your way round the rest of the interwebs....

Edited by stuie

As I've explained above as well, I understand the sentiment factor. No problems there. Just seems to be WAY too much panic about how much power a rubbish run down internet forum has.

I don't think anyone believes Demonology is an official representation of MFC, so I don't think it will hinder us in getting sponsorship, attracting players, or wreck our CEO's reputation.

If you really think that carp website has ANY influence on MFC's reputation, then you'll be shocked if you make your way round the rest of the interwebs....

God you remind me of Dr Who sometimes...

• Like 3

Again you've missed the point, that the person(s) involved has or have done volunteer work inside the club.

We all get your point, you don't GAF. Fine, but I might add that the reason why I so rarely read (or post) on 'land is that often threads stretch over pages and pages of non-contributory content, which yours on this subject is leaning towards becoming.

• Like 3