R.I.P. Demonology

There has been a lot of statistical and historical input in to Ology, in particular work done by Graeme Smith, and this work was supposed to be available to all concerned when they had re written the site.

it was all about the history of the club and the history of the players; this work will now, not be available unless the new owners allow it and it really doesn't belong to them or in fact the previous owner.

That's my understanding of the situation unless someone wants to correct me.

Now you've had your fun so zip it.

Unless you really have a valid point to raise or something of interest to contribute?

Gotcha Robbie. Was it more in depth (or better) than the Demon Wiki? All I've known of 'Ology is the forum.

I'm honestly not trying to "have fun" or anything like that, I'm just trying to understand the side of it where people are saying the new owners will effect the club itself, and they plan to make heaps of money off it. That's all I've been searching for answers on from the start. I've posted links to the internet laws regarding parts of this situation, I've read all the posts, but I honestly don't understand two things:

1) How a free internet forum suddenly becomes a get rich quick scheme?

2) How an unofficial internet forum effects the image/reputation/running of MFC itself?

I'm honestly not trying to cause trouble. I keep asking those questions, but I get called a troll in response, with no answers.

Didn't post as Mikey on Ology by any chance, Stuie?

Similiar levels of.... well everything actually.

Ah that's who Stuie is! Didn't he also get turfed from the 'Ology? I believe he had the reputation of being the most annoying poster there before Doctor Who took it away from him.

Ah that's who Stuie is! Didn't he also get turfed from the 'Ology? I believe he had the reputation of being the most annoying poster there before Doctor Who took it away from him.

I'm Stuie in both places.

Ironic when you get called a troll while this rubbish is directed at you.

Just read this thread top to bottom and I must say it's a page turner. Having never posted on demonology I found this thread akin to the The Da Vinci code with it's obscure references, shadowy figures, secret societies and red herrings. Dan Brown take note here lies the basis of your next book.

• Like 6

Just a quick post to let anyone who may not know already that the Mario Brothers have handed control of Demonology back to Tim - I think it got a little too hot in the kitchen. Already there have been many offers help to Tim get the site up and running efficiently, so it appears that the site may need to be renamed Lazarus.

I know there were some who didn't have a high opinion of the site, but it would still be nice to occasionally visit and help the site gather some momentum... there is plenty of room for both Demonology and Demonland to co-exist comfortably - as became very apparent in the now locked RIP Demonology thread, many of us here are also members there.

One last thing... please don't turn this topic into another slag/slug fest.

Demonology.me

Most of us have lost our log in privileges at demonology, we are setting up a new forum at address above, will probably replace old software, see you there.

Is that still operational or is it offline while updates are being made... for the past couple of hours at least all I can get is the Crazy Domains website when I try that address. I had assumed that since Tim had taken control of Demonology back into his own hands, that the newer version (dawsi03's site) had been shelved for the time being.

Is that still operational or is it offline while updates are being made... for the past couple of hours at least all I can get is the Crazy Domains website when I try that address. I had assumed that since Tim had taken control of Demonology back into his own hands, that the newer version (dawsi03's site) had been shelved for the time being.

Nah, when I type demonology.me goes straight to it, (note the .me)

Or try this link

http://demonology.me/phpBB3/

Nope... still going to Crazy Domains... strange

I had the same problem for a while. Probably has something to do with isp's and dns', although I have no idea what either of those mean.

Nope... still going to Crazy Domains... strange

Clean our your cache, it may help.

Demonology.me

Most of us have lost our log in privileges at demonology, we are setting up a new forum at address above, will probably replace old software, see you there.

I've joined up (pending approval!) and look forward to discussing some footy again.

Must say that I had lost the will during the Neeld years and the time difference being in the UK.

No luck yet?

It's strange... I am on my work PC at the moment and having no problems accessing the site; it appears to be from my home MacBook Pro/PC (I'm running a dual boot system with Windows 7 in Bootcamp). It may be just a cache issue, but it is happening in both Safari on the Mac side and Firefox on the Windows side. Anyway, will check it out this evening when I get home.

It's strange... I am on my work PC at the moment and having no problems accessing the site; it appears to be from my home MacBook Pro/PC (I'm running a dual boot system with Windows 7 in Bootcamp). It may be just a cache issue, but it is happening in both Safari on the Mac side and Firefox on the Windows side. Anyway, will check it out this evening when I get home.

You not using a server of any kind at home?

You not using a server of any kind at home?

No... all good now though... it is all working now despite the fact I didn't have to clear my cache or do anything special. Weird.

No... all good now though... it is all working now despite the fact I didn't have to clear my cache or do anything special. Weird.

dns servers (the ones that translate an ip name to an IP address) can take time to receivet updates

the ones at your isp might have been one of the later ones

• Like 1

dns servers (the ones that translate an ip name to an IP address) can take time to receivet updates

the ones at your isp might have been one of the later ones

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!