Bring Back Beamer

Curry & Beer

We've got massive issues with our list. Our players are so used to 'giving up' that the biggest task Roos will have is sorting out who is fair dinkum and who isn't fair dinkum. I'm expecting 12-13 players to be gone in a few months time (including rookies) Another 10-12 could go at the end of 2014.

Neeld cleared out a lot of deadwood but any coach could have done that. We need to stop overrating our list. Instead of trying to find a reason to keep a player, think the opposite. I'll bet that's how Roos is thinking - a player must have one very good quality otherwise you're usually wasting your time.

We've got about 20 players (max) who can take us forward. The great bit about snaring Roos is that we now have a real opportunity to recruit some good experienced talent. If we can aim to bring in 6-8 good players out of all our new recruits in the next few months, we'll be doing very well.

I wonder if it will be about 6 delistings, & a few trade 'OUTS', to make some list space, & I don't think we'll bat deep into the national draft, but look to trade IN, & also keep an eye on the preseason draft.

I don't think after last year, that we'll make as many changes straight off, as this in itself creates a lot of disturbance, & makes us less settled for the next season following.

I reckon most of the previous laziness & bruisefree, that grew into our jumpers has finished playing now, & the young ones who adopted that lazy attitude were moved on last year...

So we have a bit of a headstart after a big cleanout, which has given us some fresh minds to work with. & we have some hard workers which are low on the talent scale.

I think Roos will probably want to see what he can create, in Year One... before another 2014 Trade/Draft period.

I wonder if it will be about 6 delistings, & a few trade 'OUTS', to make some list space, & I don't think we'll bat deep into the national draft, but look to trade IN, & also keep an eye on the preseason draft.

I don't think after last year, that we'll make as many changes straight off, as this in itself creates a lot of disturbance, & makes us less settled for the next season following.

I reckon most of the previous laziness & bruisefree, that grew into our jumpers has finished playing now, & the young ones who adopted that lazy attitude were moved on last year...

So we have a bit of a headstart after a big cleanout, which has given us some fresh minds to work with. & we have some hard workers which are low on the talent scale.

I think Roos will probably want to see what he can create, in Year One... before another 2014 Trade/Draft period.

A good coach would make the changes now. A lot of us were surprised when Neeld held back in his first off season.

Time will tell and you may be correct but I can see at least 2 'contracted' players being moved on (traded?) Last year Morton, Martin and Gysberts were moved on despite being contracted.

Roos is a smart bloke and he'll study tape and figure out who is worth keeping. He will have watched a number of our games live as well. 11-13 changes is my guess (including rookies) Remembering we might have to give up a couple/few players for a young midfielder.

We should be a very active player in the off season - we need midfielders. Making multiple list changes can be viewed as a major positive. Especially if the net gain is 6-8 good players.

A good coach would make the changes now. A lot of us were surprised when Neeld held back in his first off season.

Time will tell and you may be correct but I can see at least 2 'contracted' players being moved on (traded?) Last year Morton, Martin and Gysberts were moved on despite being contracted.

Roos is a smart bloke and he'll study tape and figure out who is worth keeping. He will have watched a number of our games live as well. 11-13 changes is my guess (including rookies) Remembering we might have to give up a couple/few players for a young midfielder.

We should be a very active player in the off season - we need midfielders. Making multiple list changes can be viewed as a major positive. Especially if the net gain is 6-8 good players.

I think if Roosy goes too hard now, it'll throw any belief & confidence in good will straight out the window. his forte` is his building belief thru getting to know his charges & working with them to grow & change they're outlooks.

this IS how he builds the "Culture"...

imo only those clearly not good enough will be cut, & some others will be traded. I think this will determine the number we recruit.

Roosy has already stated the first thing is to work on the weak percentage,,,competativeness X smart Pro football thinking.... decision making & understanding how to think Winning Footy....

Anyone else worried that Sylvia has gone for a 3 week holiday to the states with Beamer where they say he will decide his future. Not sure that environment would be the best place to decide.

not really, Sylv is getting more mature & has been away from beamer for 12 months now.... that seperation of time will show him what a DH he's been in the past, & he'll want to achieve success @ Melbourne... to eventually finish with Honor & to hold his head high... you see I think, under all his guises, Cols a true loyal being.

I remember in 2012 Roos showing footage of Moloney at stoppages

he stated that Moloney's defensive game was off as he neglected to defend against his opponents.

Cant see Roos going for players like Moloney

You would have rocks in your head to think that Moloney would not have been a useful plus in our midfield this year.

He is no star and is an honest limited C grade footballer. But MFC were an E grade midfield and Beamer tore us a new one when we p,sued them earlier in the year.

But if we are truly serious about improving this year we need to focus our attention on mid field talents above players of Beamers calibre.

I am not sure why there would be a groundswell to get him back.

• Like 2

we've made strides to undo the mistake that was 2012/2013

it was a mistake that Moloney left us

we need big-bodied senior midfielders

this is a bloke who'd die for the jumper

undo the mistake and bring him back

Die for the jumper ?

Do you want to rethink that ?

As bad as Neeld may have been he had choices to make like every other footballer on our list (read Nathan Jones) and he voted very loud and clear NOT to die for the jumper.