Fitzpatrick signs new contract

Young Dee

Could fitz realistically be ahead of Dawes in 2014? another full pre season into him, right now it seems Fitz is not far off it, but Dawes brings far more leadership and experience, other than that on field results are fairly similar

JOnes was a first rounder.. what did he have to overcome apart from going bald at an incredibly young age

For a start he was slow, didn't chase and was very unimpressive in his early games. Now N. Jones is a Superstar [and our best midfielder along with young Viney] and Fitzy could well be likewise as a forward.

• Like 1

For a start he was slow, didn't chase and was very unimpressive in his early games. Now N. Jones is a Superstar [and our best midfielder along with young Viney] and Fitzy could well be likewise as a forward.

Wow, you sure you have the right bloke?

Wow, you sure you have the right bloke?

He does actually... before Nathan Jones suddenly lifted his game about 3 (or 4?) years ago, he was lambasted on these forums as being slow in speed and slow in decision making, was too often caught with the ball, had terrible delivery by hand when he did manage to get the ball away and was one of our worst kicks. Many posters wanted him gone.

He does actually... before Nathan Jones suddenly lifted his game about 3 (or 4?) years ago, he was lambasted on these forums as being slow in speed and slow in decision making, was too often caught with the ball, had terrible delivery by hand when he did manage to get the ball away and was one of our worst kicks. Many posters wanted him gone.

Nathan Jones was very impressive in his first year. won a lot of possessions, he got thir and fourth year blues when he tried to play over-attacking footy taking blokes on and trying to pinpoint passes into the corridor.

Let's not revise history. Jones showed a lot from game 1.

NB: He is not a superstar either.

Edited by dandeeman
  • Like 5

So great to see all the humble pie eaters....one reason I will never bag a player...........spoke to Fitzy the other day, confidence is really good, feeling really fit, has the management of his diabetes down pat......like Viney doesn't want the season to end................said he has still got to try and develop a bit more bulk, gets knocked off the ball but that will come with pre season........working hard on his kicking action, like most big forwards prefers on the run than set shot, but said he is trying to even that up......part of the ruck and forward training he is being put through at the moment, which I watched the other day, is Jade Rawlings spending ten minutes pushing holding, scragging, punching, tripping and Fitzy having to stand there taking it

• Like 2

Nathan Jones?

Yes! (It was the impression I formed when I first watched him at the "G" some years ago. Frankly I was worried that this was where our midfield had descended to. My view now is completely the opposite and new rank Jones and Viney as the future building blocks of the Club.)

Nathan Jones was very impressive in his first year. won a lot of possessions, he got thir and fourth year blues when he tried to play over-attacking footy taking blokes on and trying to pinpoint passes into the corridor.

Let's not revise history. Jones showed a lot from game 1.

NB: He is not a superstar either.

Fair enough, but rather than revising history, I seem to have forgotten it; so apologies for that.

Regardless, Jones was on many posters' trade/delist lists before he found consistent form... and that was my reason for saying that Fitz could be heading in teh same direction... most probably had him traded or delisted up until just a few weeks ago and now he is starting to show why he was drafted into the club.

• Like 1

Fitzy isn't playing this week because of concussion.

Did he get that in last week's game?

Maybe the concussion is why he signed a new contract with us?? He didn't realise what he was doing!

We should be using this method for any players that we need to retain. Bop them on the head with a stick, and shove a contract under their nose!

• Like 2

was too often caught with the ball

yes he was much maligned for this. I told everyone that he would be under instruction to 'take them on' physically and develop that aspect of his game, now he plays the same way but he is physically mature and more experienced in how to duck/weave/bullock his way through would-be tacklers. This is a valuable lesson I feel for young blokes. If Jack Watts had been crashing packs and getting absolutely schooled from day one, maybe by now he would have learnt how to actually do it successfully.

• Like 2

He looks like one of the biggest liabilities in football history, and originally played like one, but at least he has a clue how to run, lead and mark. It'll be hard to fit him in the team if everyone's fit so he'll probably need some even better performances. Tries pretty hard too. Good on you Fitzy

Maybe the concussion is why he signed a new contract with us?? He didn't realise what he was doing!

We should be using this method for any players that we need to retain. Bop them on the head with a stick, and shove a contract under their nose!

With Fitzy's beak do you reckon he could read a contract if it was put under his nose?

Great news!

His parents must be very proud ...

And his grandparents as well. In one of his early games at Casey I sat in the stand next to his grandparents. They were so proud that he'd made it that far.

He's done it all under great adversity with health issues. He should be congratulated for what he's achieved this year and for his loyalty in signing on again with the club. After his second concussion injury for the season, he deserves the rest this week and probably next.

• Like 3