Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Have you thought of meditation?

youre a pompous troll

It was a good win, but i can never respect the Bombers.

I was more interested in the pale showing of Nought Melbourne

Scott will be under the pump this season.

Agreed WYL .If last night's shite continues he will be in deep. Norf were looking to have a big crack at finals this year and, even though it is early, they were a long way off that pace.

Agreed WYL .If last night's shite continues he will be in deep. Norf were looking to have a big crack at finals this year and, even though it is early, they were a long way off that.

Brad Scott must be under some pressure because, apart from slamming the phone down, folding his arms then putting them up to the heavens to indicate surprise or disgust, he doesn't seem to be able to make any actual moves that work. Badly wanted them to beat Essendon but in retrospect, should have seen this one coming. Massively out coached.

Agreed WYL .If last night's shite continues he will be in deep. Norf were looking to have a big crack at finals this year and, even though it is early, they were a long way off that

Brad Scott must be under some pressure because, apart from slamming the phone down, folding his arms then putting them up to the heavens to indicate surprise or disgust, he doesn't seem to be able to make any actual moves that work. Badly wanted them to beat Essendon but in retrospect, should have seen this one coming. Massively out coached.

That's what i thought ROG. he stared blankly into space a lot waiting for things to happen.

Maybe his voice just goes in the ear and out now.

Very shaky.

I was praying for a North win, can't find anything like grudging respect for Bombers. I'm hoping they crash big time for what they've done to our sport (most worrying thing about this drug scandal has been the reports that it has been one of the factors leading to a huge increase in drug use among sportsmen at a lower (and younger) level.

The Hirds seem mad to me. All that worship warps the mind in the end. All about me me me.... What on earth prompted her to come out the way she did? Not stupid, just mad. Maybe a bit stupid.

I think Hird has realized that he won't keep his job now - and wants to drag Demetriou down with him.

Essendon obviously realize that Demetriou helped them out, so they'd do best to just let it play out.

The AFL have already punished Essendon as a club, there is not much Asada will do them.

Asada are more interested in individuals and Hird will top their list - at least a life ban.

finally

I think thats it, & they're after more payout, to quieten them down. & further ammunition to their book, in the future

That's what i thought ROG. he stared blankly into space a lot waiting for things to happen.

Maybe his voice just goes in the ar and out now.

Very shaky.

They lost contested ball and their disposal or lack there of was worse than Melbourne's last year very poor game made Essendon look great.

Did anyone notice the teeny blink and you'd miss article from Dean Baileys lawyer the other day. It said he was forced to take the punishment by the AFL even though the club had been cleared of tanking. Sound familiar Hirdy? Bailey copped it on the chin, and moved on. Never said a word. The Hirds could learn a bit from his humility.

The thing that really staggers me about this situation is most bombers supporters blind faith in him, and how they were used as scapegoats etc etc. I wonder if they would have reacted like this if Matthew Knights was still the coach? He would have been marched out in a second.

Yep. Bailey was all class. & to a lesser extent cuddles.

Hird to good for medicine, at least in tarnia's eyes.

pity hird was all class once, whats happened to him since? he's all pumped up like he's better than life. perception james. winning is less important than the things you love. when someone wants to destroy the things they love, to salvage their reputation, they've lost the plot.

He is really burning down his own house.

At this point in time we should be gracious enough to acknowledge the performance of the Essendon team against North Melbourne last night after the pasting their club's been receiving almost right across the football world. Whether or not you like what's been happening at their club, to do what they did against a well regarded opponent shows great character.

Definitely admire the players and their fight, especially considering how much they have been let down by their club.

• Like 1

Maybe his voice just goes in the ar and out now.

Very shaky.

coaching young players is a shaky existence. they're promise is there, buy they looked like they thought it would take care of itself. having one ruck with one arm isn't pretty in a team.

coaching young players is a shaky existence. they're promise is there, buy they looked like they thought it would take care of itself. having one ruck with one arm isn't pretty in a team.

I'm confident that, in time, Brad Scott will be seen as not a coaches a - hole.

• Like 2

If the Hird's have any grasp on reality they should consider the last 36 hours in relation to their importance at Bomberland.

After valiantly trying to derail the Bombers on the eve of their start to the 2014 season The bombers come out under their new coach and win reasonable easily last night.

Well there you are Mr. Saviour and assistant.

The current management and Coach do not need you.

They can win without your omnipresence.

GET A GRIP GUYS YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED!

• Like 3

Go get some help.

Displaying your usual class, give it a rest.

Watching Bomber T's post match interview last night it looked like he was immensely relived as if a great burden was lifted off him. He also he gave the impression he didn't give a stuff about Hird.

Agreed WYL .If last night's shite continues he will be in deep. Norf were looking to have a big crack at finals this year and, even though it is early, they were a long way off that pace.

I seriously think they...the Mess came out pumped...for a number of reasons not the least being for Fletch and North on receivibg end ( plus a little underdone ) Be surprised if the Hangar lot can keep that up for too long. Reality bus is around the corner.

If the Hird's have any grasp on reality

OD I really dont think they do. Literally in own airy fairy land...above the mortal minions. Conceited arrogance at it height.
  • Like 1

Sorry WJ. Usually love your posts but I just can't abide being gracious toward Essendon. I didn't notice any graciousness from them when our backs were against the wall re 'tanking'. Also, can't forgive them for their thuggery in 2000 Grand Final. I won't bag the players but I just can't bring myself to have nice thoughts about them.

Agree with some of what you say LH but even early last season you have to admire their ability to perform when the public spotlight is turned right up against them. I would have excepted us being thugs in 2000 if we lifted the Premiership Cup.

We have failed at every available option in the last 10 years to do so 04/05/06 we never learned about being July Premiers and fell over in all of those years, we never stood up in the game after Jimmy's death and we made excuses that our players were probably mentally exhausted. Times when we were bad we would win 2 games in a row and public pressure lifted slightly saying can they make it 3 and get on a roll, but we faltered on numerous occasions because we lacked a ruthless edge, a leader to stand up like a Watson or Selwood and make a statement. Say whatever you like about Essendon but now that Roos is on board I crave the day when we stand up regularly and are hated not pitied by opposition fans

All I'm trying to say in a nutshell is I hate them but I can also respect their players ability to be ruthless and perform

• Like 1

If the Hird's have any grasp on reality they should consider the last 36 hours in relation to their importance at Bomberland.

After valiantly trying to derail the Bombers on the eve of their start to the 2014 season The bombers come out under their new coach and win reasonable easily last night.

Well there you are Mr. Saviour and assistant.

The current management and Coach do not need you.

They can win without your omnipresence.

GET A GRIP GUYS YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED!

Oh but they are all back here in Australia waiting for their reward from King James!!

Oh but they are all back here in Australia waiting for their reward from King James!!

Guess what jnr if the bombers keep winning they will give rats about Jamie and Tanie

To all those here who whinge about Mitch Clark being paid whilst injured putting his body at risk for the team - how would you react were you EssUNdone members paying this megalomaniac for doing no work, swanning around Paris, at $1m a year?

Forced to so do unjustly though

Check out these prices for Paris apartments suitable for the Hird lifestyle. I dont think it is in their DNA to go slumming.

http://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/pages/paris_apartments_for_sale.asp

And they might be a little pricey to buy but Shirley they rent out for almost nothink.

And anyways, in the alternative, he would definitely need a place with decent security and an upper class hovel ( the sort of dwelling folks like us might use to house our mistresses) is totally to be expectorated

Guess what jnr if the bombers keep winning they will give rats about Jamie and Tanie

I dunno. They are not that smart - or haven't shown themselves to be so far :)