The New Board and FD

beelzebub

Countless words have been written about the new coach. We dont have one yet but millions of pixels have been arranged to discuss it.

Im just as interested in that other party in town; the new MFC Board together with our dalliances with respect to rejigging the FD.

We havent heard a lot. Maybe theres not much to hear but as I understand it it's a bit cart and horse. We should have some idea of the new board and the football dept before the coach is announced. Indeed I should imagine any candidate for coach will be decidely interested to see the make up of these areas of the club.

So who knows what ?

From all the bruhaha that surrounded the club not too long ago its gone absolutely dead quiet. Not a squeak. Kind of amazing really.

Have they finally sorted the loose-lips syndrome ?

Something must be brewing....surely

About the only thing we know about the Board bb is who has left.

I imagine that the new coach will have some say in the composition of the FD

So I don't expect to hear much about that till the new coach is appointed.

even then there will be some people in the FD who have contracts in place for 2014.

Will we want to pay them out?

I imagine there is quite a bit of work going on behind the scenes and as you say with the leaks plugged

we will probably know no more until a new President is announced

Edited by old dee

Amazing really how much this club has changed ( even if forced ) in such a short period of time

BZB59 I have also noticed the lack of noise surrounding the Board on this Board. Only word publicly relates to resignations, so that being said would you have a list of current board? maybe we need an ins and outs type set up for the MFC board.

Amazing really how much this club has changed ( even if forced ) in such a short period of time

The best part for me B59, in regards to the sieve no longer leaking, is that the media have left us alone and moved on to their next target, which rightly so is Carlton!

All it would take is for us to have a blow out against Geelong this week, but after months and months of getting rogered, it's good to be able to sit down without any grimace for a while. A bit like having a relationship break from BBO! :ph34r:

BZB59 I have also noticed the lack of noise surrounding the Board on this Board. Only word publicly relates to resignations, so that being said would you have a list of current board? maybe we need an ins and outs type set up for the MFC board.

Well currently:

Peter Spargo act Chairman

Russel Howcroft

Geoff Freeman

John Trotter

Greg Healy

David Thurin

resigned

Don Mclardy

Karen Hayes

Stewart Grimshaw

Guy Jalland

Edited by belzebub59

Well currently:

Russel Howcroft

Geoff Freeman

John Trotter

Greg Healy

resigned

Don Mclardy

Karen Hayes

David Thurin

And Freeman is on an overseas sojourn for three months

So the current board is four!

I didn't know david Thurin had resigned??? I thought it was Guy Jelland who resigned

apol.. my bad formatting

corrected

So who are the current board members?

Russel Howcroft

Geoff Freeman

John Trotter

Greg Healy

David Thurin

Edited by belzebub59

Russel Howcroft

Geoff Freeman

John Trotter

Greg Healy

David Thurin

Add a new Chairman and that may well be enough.

Or am I under estimating the amount of work involved?

Add a new Chairman and that may well be enough.

Or am I under estimating the amount of work involved?

You would think the Chairman will either be Freeman or Stockdale (who can't start until post-federal election from memory). Then I would expect only 1 or 2 more AFL approved/enforced additions.

And Freeman is on an overseas sojourn for three months

So the current board is four!

Maybe he took a phone with him.

• Like 1

Am hearing that the AFL are having trouble finding the right credentialled board members and President. Stockdale is a no for Pres. Freeman is a no for Pres. There ain't a long line up.....

Can't vouch for the source but it came through an Ess contact who knows PJ apparently.....

I take note of the coaching selection panel. Todd Viney and Josh Mahoney, board member Greg Healy are on it.

To me this suggests Jackson has more than a spoonful of faith in theses three as being part of anything Melbourne going forward

From this I would think Healy will remain a member of a newly shaped board and Messrs Mahoney and Viney to play an important part of a reformed FD.

or I could be seeing things...happened before lol

• Like 1

I take note of the coaching selection panel. Todd Viney and Josh Mahoney, board member Greg Healy are on it.

To me this suggests Jackson has more than a spoonful of faith in theses three as being part of anything Melbourne going forward

From this I would think Healy will remain a member of a newly shaped board and Messrs Mahoney and Viney to play an important part of a reformed FD.

or I could be seeing things...happened before lol

Yeah, I don't see it. Mahoney is there because he is the Interim Head of the FD surely.

I don't even know what Viney's role will be next year and with the Hun saying that contracts will be negotiated by the Head of the FD - Viney's future role may be diminished further (he didn't do that - Harrington did, but I could see a Player Personnel role for Todd in which he did that).

Maybe Player Development Manager/Coach?

That's my role for Craig though...

• Like 1

My thinkings are simply this. Jackson has the ability to source from without to comprise this panel if he thought more sage. He hasnt and so he must at least have a fair belief in the capacities of Mahoney and Viney.

I see it as irrelevant as to what their current roles are in terms of being on this panel. It strikes me that PJ values their opinion. Simply that.

Viney is no nonsense. Jackson is nonsense.. They understand each other I think.

If Roos is coach I dont think Craig will stick around... a negotiated payout seems likely to me.

Again , I find the whole area of FD and Board as of great interest . Many just look at players, even just the head coach ,but at this level either the WHOLE machine is oiled and tuned or it will falter.

'BB', I've found Mahoney's position interesting. I can't see him retaining his current position as Jackson has flagged the need for more experience in the FD, whether the new coach provides enough only time will tell.

I like the way Jackson has come into the club and I think he handles things in a very professional manner. He talks of providing a professional environment for the players to develop their careers as part of the MFC and I think he will do the same for staff he thinks have something to offer. In Mahoney's case even if he does not stay on at the club, Jackson seems to be playing a mentoring role which is a win win.

It's also good to have some input from someone involved in the day to day running of the FD and at the current time Mahoney is the head of the department so it only makes sense.

On Craig, I think he will stay on next year but it's just a feeling. He may well be the new coach and if not will head up player development. Just a feeling, nothing more to substantiate it.

• Like 1

I do understand that many are unlikely to remain in current positions for the simple reason many of those jobs will be redrawn. You could well be right rjay that Jackson is operating in the manner you describe.

I think Mahoneys abilities are looked upon favourable by Jackson but where they can be best utilsed in a FD we'll only know when we see the nature of the new beast.

Id be curious as the the model being envisaged. I think Jackson likes efficiency both in design and implementation. ( dont we all ) so am leaning towards a far more streamlined FD ( possibly less personnel ) but with roles expanded somewhat and higher caliber people doing them. Payroll doesnt change a lot but synergies and outcomes would change dramatically.

Decision making becomes more effecient and time spent in 'meetings' decreases. Less talk, more action :)