The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

bahaha as if Roos would coach Melbourne

nah man, you did it all wrong. Roos was always a candidate. His contracts finished at the right time. And the rumours were very strong.

Kennedy recently signed a 4 year contract with the Swans and this is a rumour based upon "bullying".

Come on man, you are so much better than that.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

Lol with howes current achievements and the number of grabs he has taken, your willing to back the chance he will amount to nothing? Your kidding yourself. I'm simply saying kennedy is not worth pick 9 and Howe.

Lol don't twist my words. I didn't say Howe would amount to nothing, I said that Howe is not a star and no where near the player Josh Kennedy is.

I'd much rather 30 touches with 6 clearances a game over a speccy every couple of weeks.

• Like 3

Lol at people wanting trade Toumpas..! Seriously go back to demonology!

If it was Toumpas for Kennedy, absolutely. Kennedy is everything and more that we hope Toumpas becomes. If the opportunity comes to trade unproven talent, for a proven talent coming into his prime, you wouldn't think twice.

I'm a Toumpas fan, don't get me wrong, but to turn your nose up at the proposition of trading him for a superstar is just silly.

Player? Sydney would need a ruck I guess (with Mumford and White gone) so Jamar? Spencer?

*with the size of the SCG, less running involved, I think it would suit Gawny.

*they could use a high mark up front.

*also a speedy player that still needs to build on his engine, so the short SCG would allow him some space/width to work in, & help him to get valuable games experience whist still building his endurance.

..... maybe some of these may help.

*can we interrupt the Saints anyone, re the Longer deal before it goes thru ?

If it was Toumpas for Kennedy, absolutely. Kennedy is everything and more that we hope Toumpas becomes. If the opportunity comes to trade unproven talent, for a proven talent coming into his prime, you wouldn't think twice.

I'm a Toumpas fan, don't get me wrong, but to turn your nose up at the proposition of trading him for a superstar is just silly.

Exactly this.

I like the Toump and Howey and think they will both become serious players but if the opportunity was to present itself for one of the top 10 midfielders in the game then I would take it everytime. I only use those two as examples as they are the few we have with currency.

As for Chip, would be the same. Yes he is a star and yes I adore him but what would people prefer, the best midfield in the league or the best backline?

I wrote this a couple pages ago, JPK was number 1 in clearances, number 1 in handballs and number 4 in possessions. Also kicks goals and has a ridiculously smoking missus.

I think the chances are less than 1% but it's a great debating topic on what people would give up.

Me, I'd give up all but Viney (as he would refuse to leave anyway) and Hogan. All else are just surplus assets in relation to getting this man.

• Like 1

nah man, you did it all wrong. Roos was always a candidate. His contracts finished at the right time. And the rumours were very strong.

Kennedy recently signed a 4 year contract with the Swans and this is a rumour based upon "bullying".

Come on man, you are so much better than that.

mate GNF has told his source has verified it, we know that GNF is not a carptalker.. therefore to me this is NOT a rumour but a real thing that is happening and a chance of coming therough.. GNF's post is the only thing in this thread that has me genuinely interested because he staright up has the runs on the board

• Like 3

I don't think Sydney want a ruckman as they have Pyke and Tippet. They may want a young ruckman but that's about it.

a goal kicking ruck like Gawn who plays forward would rotate like a dream with Tippet

& a speedster like Blease would develop better up there, after a lot of heartache for him over the last 5 years, might just be the tonic he needs?

Lol don't twist my words. I didn't say Howe would amount to nothing, I said that Howe is not a star and no where near the player Josh Kennedy is.

I'd much rather 30 touches with 6 clearances a game over a speccy every couple of weeks.

agreed

I love Howey but for a top-shelf bona fide midfielder we could be looking at finals next year deadset

mate GNF has told his source has verified it, we know that GNF is not a carptalker.. therefore to me this is NOT a rumour but a real thing that is happening and a chance of coming therough.. GNF's post is the only thing in this thread that has me genuinely interested because he staright up has the runs on the board

i would it to be so, but i don't feel it. prove me wrong.

prove me very wrong.

Maverick Weller is looking for a new home and a couple of clubs are talking to him, anyone know our level of interest in him?

He's pretty average... Doubt that he's really worth a look, have enough C grade midfielders waiting in the wings

Interesting, the player manager I often get my news from told me at the start of the week that we were pursuing another person from Sydney 'very actively'. Said player was not keen on the direction of the club.

Was very secretive about it, but I gathered from that it was another player from GWS, but given the facts that may or may not be true it could change everything!! I'll pretend I have no idea and run with this GWS player and see what I can pry. Keep us informed though GNF, your info at the moment is elite!

• Like 2

I love the idea of getting Kennedy, he would be a huge get but i think he would also cost a huge amount,

we land him we are suddenly looking at top 8 next year.

• Like 2