Jobe took banned drug

jnrmac

It's a pity this didn't all happen in the 15th century so Shakespeare could have written a play about it. Or maybe he did. Macbeth seems to have all the requisite players including witches making a vat of prohibited substances. James Hird would be Macbeth having 'murdered' Matthew Knights. I wonder who Lady Macbeth might be. Mark Thompson? David Evans?

Dank could easily fit into the first scene around the witches cauldron LDC

• Like 1

My understanding is that the afl gets funding amongst other things from the government. If the afl thumb their noses at asada or wada and Fi it alone the government would need to denounce them and cut off all ties or we would risk other participation such as the Olympics.

Ie there is more at stake than just how the afl want to react.

I'd the government decide to black list the afl that is very bad.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the afl gets funding amongst other things from the government. If the afl thumb their noses at asada or wada and Fi it alone the government would need to denounce them and cut off all ties or we would risk other participation such as the Olympics.

exactly

"The ADRVP appointed by the Federal Sports Minister"

not by the AFL

"The ADRVP appointed by the Federal Sports Minister"

not by the AFL

so lets see...

we have wada, asada, adrvp, afl and the federal Government with the ACC watching for any crimes

all these regulatory/investigative groups and the afl get to make the final decision on punishment

oh, and then there will be the lawyers, barristers and courts

no wonder this goes around in circles.......too many chefs

• Like 1

well the ACC ASADA and ADRVP are ALL gov...lol..

More chefs than a Telly show !!

Kevin Bartlett on SEN this morning asked an interesting question.

What if Essendon made the GF and a negative Essendon Decision came through on the monday before the GF.

What happens if Essendon then lose points

No GF?

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

so lets see...

we have wada, asada, adrvp, afl and the federal Government with the ACC watching for any crimes

all these regulatory/investigative groups and the afl get to make the final decision on punishment

oh, and then there will be the lawyers, barristers and courts

no wonder this goes around in circles.......too many chefs

What a joke!

No wonder Lance ran them round in circles for decades.

I will be surprised if there is a decision before this season is finished.

If the AFL, as the principal footy organisation in Australia, [censored] foot around this they will lose support in a big way - governments, sponsors, and the general public.

Essendrug and their coach "The Golden Boy" made a very poor choice in trying to gain advantage by at best questionable (at worst totally illegal) means and must be held to account. Stripping of all premiership points for two years would seem a minimum if players are to be spared personal suspension. The NRL have imposed similar penalties for far less. It would be interesting were this to be imposed what could happen to free agency and the trading season wrt Bomber players.

PS: Moderators - [censored] foot is a quite legitimate expression. It refers to the bit on the end of a cat's leg, with the claws on it. Why is it censored? Looks a bit overzealous PC stuff to me.

best comment from a current player so far

briath anasta fox sports

what mature aged player would allow himself to be injected under any circumstance 50 times in the abdomen

just about sums it all up

• Like 2

Did Demetriou tip off the Bombers the day before they supposedly outed themselves ?

ASADA aware of phonecall by AFL ( Demetriou ) to Evans during their crisis meeting (News - Herald Sun)

Murkier and Murkier !!

It seems apparent to this reader that the AFL ought have no involvement with this investigation as it seems it cant be trusted to be maintain intergity.

Tsk Tsk Tsk Andrew. If this can be substantiated youre for the chop mate.

Did Demetriou tip off the Bombers the day before they supposedly outed themselves ?

ASADA aware of phonecall by AFL ( Demetriou ) to Evans during their crisis meeting (News - Herald Sun)

Murkier and Murkier !!

It seems apparent to this reader that the AFL ought have no involvement with this investigation as it seems it cant be trusted to be maintain intergity.

It all seemed too convenient that Essendon came out a couple of days before the big announcement by the ACC and govt. The media had been on their backs for a couple of months leading up to the big press conference where James golden boy looked as though he was caught with his pants down whilst denying any knowledge of anything and taking full responsibility for everything. Something he has now backed away from at a rate of knots.

Someone definitely tipped them off, whether it was AD or not there was a tip off that turned them around from threatening legal action against media outlets to self reporting.

Man I wish this would all be over and done with. I want to go back to my ignorance thinking clubs are of pure heart and the AFL are always above board on all matters.

• Like 1

Man I wish this would all be over and done with. I want to go back to my ignorance thinking clubs are of pure heart and the AFL are always above board on all matters.

Me to CFH

Add "everyone tried to win every game"

• Like 1

You are almost as cynical as me Ctm!

Years ago when a friend, a restauranteur from a certain subcontinental country, was caught drink driving, he asked me who do I need to see about fixing this up and how much will it cost?

I told him that is not the way things work in Australia

These days I think that I might put an * beside that statement and add one or two provisos

Murkier and Murkier !!

Are you talking about the same AD that's putting together a bail out package for our club, the guys the best CEO the AFL has ever had, I for one thank him for what's he's doing for my club at the moment and so does my 8 yr old boy, hopefully in the next season or 2 we can start seeing some wins again, by the way if AD had of let us run our own show we would probably be out of business by 2016, short memories by certain posters on Demonland. Edited by mjt

Are you talking about the same AD that's putting together a bail out package for our club, the guys the best CEO the AFL has ever had, I for one thank him for what's he's doing for my club at the moment and so does my 8 yr old boy, hopefully in the next season or 2 we can start seeing some wins again, by the way if AD had of let us run our own show we would probably be out of business by 2016, short memories by certain posters on Demonland.

I sure am.

If he is caught having done something untoward then he will have his own problems. The AFL has all but signed off on our money. That wont change now.

What hes doing or rather what they *( the AFL ) are doing for the MFC is separate from any dealings that AD might have with the murky world of Essendon Pharmaceuticals !!