Lethal

tonatopia

Go back .... Look at the length of their coaching careers & who they coached ....maybe neeld deserves a chance .... I mean where does the next crop of super coaches come from? You can't just repeatedly sack every new rookie coach who doesn't do well in his first couple of years. A lot of these sackings come from disgruntled coterie groups who unfortunately tip in heaps of money then think it gives them the right to run the club. Why would you possibly want a Leigh Matthews or a sheedy.... Their time was a long time ago....their comments border on eccentricity & we accept this because of past reputations ( a situation very peculiar to afl). Neither of these people would be good for our club, maybe in terms of marketing, but definitely not on field. There is absolutely no super coach out there who will turn our team into a super team before their time. I will believe the players that believe in neeld & his coaching team & will back him until the end of his tenure. If supporters choose to drop off,they are fickle, try & generate the same passion for another team .have a chat to a fitzroy, south melb supporter &ask whether those premierships would have been sweeter under their original club than a blended club. I think not. Constructive criticism, yes, negative criticism, no. Bleed for the players who care.....we will get there !!

The job at MFC is too big for a trainee coach!!We are basket case!Not in the business of training coaches,more in the line of getting our team off its knees and learning how to win ASAP, and then to dominate. Sorry, just thinking big!!!

The Club already has a high-profile coach enmeshed in their football structure, Neil Craig. For the sake of those high profile players who have openly supported Neeld, such as Captain, Jack Grimes, along with Dawes, Howe and Frawley, I would tread with caution in replacing Neeld altogether. If Jackson feels that we would benefit getting Mathews on the team, then let us see if he can work hand in hand with Neeld and Craig so that the players have some coherence and stability in their structures (and I am not suggesting coaching by Committee in case anybody wishes to misinterpret this response)!

The Club already has a high-profile coach enmeshed in their football structure, Neil Craig. For the sake of those high profile players who have openly supported Neeld, such as Captain, Jack Grimes, along with Dawes, Howe and Frawley, I would tread with caution in replacing Neeld altogether. If Jackson feels that we would benefit getting Mathews on the team, then let us see if he can work hand in hand with Neeld and Craig so that the players have some coherence and stability in their structures (and I am not suggesting coaching by Committee in case anybody wishes to misinterpret this response)!

What exactly could neeld offer Matthews, bar excuses?

I wanted him desperately before Neeld. I have grave doubts that he would be interested, but the right appeals to his ego (the trifecta - breaks the drought at the filth, first premierships x3 @ lions and saviour at the demons - the mythology would go gangbusters) and who knows.

I would then forgive him for Giles and Smith.

I'd give him Giles & Smith as his personal manservant's, if it got his Sig' on our Clubs contract...

• Like 1

What exactly could neeld offer Matthews, bar excuses?

He would offer the players continuity and he and Craig would be able to offer Mathews an assessment of where they think each individual team member is presently at! What do you suggest, sack the whole football department (including Misson) and giving Mathews a clean slate from which to work with?

He would offer the players continuity and he and Craig would be able to offer Mathews an assessment of where they think each individual team member is presently at! What do you suggest, sack the whole football department (including Misson) and giving Mathews a clean slate from which to work with?

Yeah, something like that.

I would not keep any of our current coaches.

If you havnt been around the last couple of years, we are going backwards at knots. The whole fd has proven to be failures. Clean them out.

I watched Mickey Malthouse put Mathew Richardson on the back foot on Fri night and the Journo's after the game, he is one prickly customer, he's 60 and coaching well, Carlton look a lot stiffer to me this year. So Mathews at 61 cannot be said to be past it. These men are at the peak of their intelligence. I implore the Club to open lines of communication with Lethal, you can't tell me he wouldn't be noticing Carlton's improvement and feel like he still had it in him.

• Like 2

Is anyone from the club actually talking to LM or is it just us hoping and dribbling on about it?

I actually tried to contact Leigh today via 3aw. They have not got back to me yet?

I am serious, if the club is not intelligent enough to even contact Leigh, I will have to question my connection to the place.

I can't actively support a club that is fundamentally stupid.

Imagine the quinella of Kennett as president and Matthews as coach.

Is that to much ego for one club to handle?

way too much for melbourne

as I have said we need to look outside the box

I rate matthews as one of the dirtiest players to play the game that I have seen

but i want us to win, and if he can install this into our players and he is 100% committed then I would be happy to look at him

I actually tried to contact Leigh today via 3aw. They have not got back to me yet?

I am serious, if the club is not intelligent enough to even contact Leigh, I will have to question my connection to the place.

I can't actively support a club that is fundamentally stupid.

Agree but I think u may be waiting a while to hear back from 3aw T.

Are we so stuck up that we wouldn't like hearing Hawthorn people saying "how's the Hawthorn connection at Melbourne" instead of how it currently stands with Melbourne people at Hawthorn?

Agree but I think u may be waiting a while to hear back from 3aw T.

I'll call the club on Monday and make an enquiry about Leigh. I will also ask if they need a young successful businessman & ex-premiership division 1 footballer on the new board.

Edited by tonatopia

I'll call the club on Monday and make an enquiry about Leigh. I will also ask if they need a young successful ex-premiership division 1 footballer on the new board.

Wouldn't hurt they need all the help they can get!!

Do u have connections within the club cause I don't think they will discuss another coach will the DUD ONE is still there?

Wouldn't hurt they need all the help they can get!!

Do u have connections within the club cause I don't think they will discuss another coach will the DUD ONE is still there?

Just a few ex-players.

way too much for melbourne

as I have said we need to look outside the box

I rate matthews as one of the dirtiest players to play the game that I have seen

but i want us to win, and if he can install this into our players and he is 100% committed then I would be happy to look at him

c'mon, he was certainly no cleanskin but i can think of plenty of players from that era who were much more dirtier than him

It is a no brainer, this club has to get a proven senior coach who can mentor a young coach in waiting. It has to be a succession plan like the Roos Longmire combination. This is the only way for the MFC. Just get it done ASAP

• Like 1

I watched Mickey Malthouse put Mathew Richardson on the back foot on Fri night and the Journo's after the game, he is one prickly customer, he's 60 and coaching well, Carlton look a lot stiffer to me this year. So Mathews at 61 cannot be said to be past it. These men are at the peak of their intelligence. I implore the Club to open lines of communication with Lethal, you can't tell me he wouldn't be noticing Carlton's improvement and feel like he still had it in him.

... fires burning, I reckon he'd love to make micky mouse his biatch again... :blink:

Minnie.gif

Edited by dee-luded

Wow. Imagine Jeffrey Gibb & Lethal.

The AGM would be booked out tomorrow!!

Jeffrey Gibb and Lethal? If Lethal thought Aka was a pain in the arse, wait till he meets Jeffrey Gibb!

c'mon, he was certainly no cleanskin but i can think of plenty of players from that era who were much more dirtier than him

maybe from what i saw he was the worst

how many players ever got charged with something on the field ?

still if he is interested we need to look and listen

we need to look outside the box

no more mr nice guy melbourne, we need to learn no second places .......

we need to win

It is a no brainer, this club has to get a proven senior coach who can mentor a young coach in waiting. It has to be a succession plan like the Roos Longmire combination. This is the only way for the MFC. Just get it done ASAP

totally, IMO we can Only have Matthews, Sheedy, or Bomba Thompson,, or Roos of course, but I believe him when he says, he doesn't want to coach the MFC.

these are the only guys I've seen, who have the knowhow to change a club culture, Club, Culture...

Is anyone from the club actually talking to LM or is it just us hoping and dribbling on about it?

Is anyone left at the club that would be capable? PJ maybe but he's so busy drafting Board Minutes recording "resignations and pending AFL payout assistance" he probably hasn't got time to scratch himself.

Watched him play a number of games in the 2nd half of his career. Would rank for mine as the dirtiest player i've seen alongside David Rhys Jones and Dipper. No harm in asking I guess but I recall someone asking him this just after Bailey was sacked. He just laughed and said there was no way he would. And that was before we became the official basket case of the AFL. I doubt he'd want to jump into our frying pan at his fragile age. Might not survive the first month let alone the first year.

Edited by Rusty Nails