MFC board meeting - 12 PM

What

Neeld is expected to front board at 2pm, but the meeting starts at 12.

2 Hours later ...Does that include time on ?? We await with bated breath.... The final siren for Neeld... I reckon it will only be three quarter time for MN .. B)

Don looked stressed out yesterday.

I thought that was his normal look... Stressed out yesterday.. thrown out today ...??? :huh:

If Neeld is sacked today which I consider unlikely, it is another massive blow to the current board. In 2007 we commenced to re-build our list and failed massively, but we were all happy for Dean Bailey in 2009, it was as bad as this season, but we forgave Bailey because a priority pick was up for grabs. This current coaching team is 18months into a rebuild, they have had 2 drafts and trading periods, I will stand by my position that if this was our second year of a rebuild we and not out 6th we would be willing to give Neeld more time, I hope he gets to coach the balance of th year and we make a fair and reasonable assessment when we have 3 of our top 5 players back plus Viney and McDonald, you take out the bottom 5 players from yesterday and replace them with Clark, Sylvia, Grimes, Viney and McDonald and then make an assessment.

• Like 6

But the effort was great, right to the end they chased, smothered, tackled and harassed. They just couldn't kick it.

My prediction: part of the board to step down, change of president, and a football department restructure.

Left field Smokey: Peter Jackson to take on the CEO role full time, or longer context.

• Like 2

So if we get rid of Neeld I guess we will have to pay off the rest of his contract? Thats going to be 1.5 years - like $500,000? So that doubles our tanking investigation fine.

Any chance of the AFL helping us out with getting a new coach (an early Christmas present?)

Would it be a fair assumption the meeting has been brought forward to enable a press conference to follow this afternoon?

Probably not [censored] ([censored] hilarious name by the way) it just that the meeting will go on forever so the MFC thought we better get an earlier start!

Edited by DemonOX

And so he should! pisses me off to see Neeld so calm and say things like "the effort was great..."

He may have been mumbling about Hawthorn's win ??? "F..it !! Was great !!! " :)

I thought that was his normal look... Stressed out yesterday.. thrown out today ...??? :huh:

Yer well Schwab was in no apparent danger one day and then fired the next

Edited by Young Dee

If Neeld is sacked today which I consider unlikely, it is another massive blow to the current board. In 2007 we commenced to re-build our list and failed massively, but we were all happy for Dean Bailey in 2009, it was as bad as this season, but we forgave Bailey because a priority pick was up for grabs. This current coaching team is 18months into a rebuild, they have had 2 drafts and trading periods, I will stand by my position that if this was our second year of a rebuild we and not out 6th we would be willing to give Neeld more time, I hope he gets to coach the balance of th year and we make a fair and reasonable assessment when we have 3 of our top 5 players back plus Viney and McDonald, you take out the bottom 5 players from yesterday and replace them with Clark, Sylvia, Grimes, Viney and McDonald and then make an assessment.

Agreed, except they have had one draft that Neeld had total control over with the recruiters, he would have wiped out half the list in the first year, but it was too difficult a call

If Don stands down, they won't sack Neeld this week.

After sitting on the fence for the past 18 months, I think I have finally decided to take the plunge and join a "side", however, my support is conditional.

I want Neeld to coach out his contract, and for an announcement to be made at the conclusion of today's board meeting, on the condition that they also announce (in the not too distant future) that Frawley, Sylvia and Watts have re-signed (Frawls getting an extension).

It will pi$$ the media off, but it will also show a sign of unity between coach and players. An announcement like that will satisfy a majority of supporters (except Hogans Heroes), and could be that bit of "hope" that we all need.

I would be concerned what would happen to the playing group if Neeld were to be sacked. Dawes is adamant that the work ethic is a player thing and shouldn't be blamed on the coach. How would he (and the other players that feel the same) be if Neeld was sacked due to some players not putting in?

Edited by billy2803
  • Like 6

So if we get rid of Neeld I guess we will have to pay off the rest of his contract? Thats going to be 1.5 years - like $500,000? So that doubles our tanking investigation fine.

Any chance of the AFL helping us out with getting a new coach (an early Christmas present?)

We will not have to pay the not guilty tanking fine it was a fine issued so that the AFL could save face after the lengthy investigation. Also the AFL will assist where ever they can cause they know how desperate our plight is and the fact that Jackson will recommend it.

Don't worry about the payouts.

Neeld looked flushed when he sat in his chair before the start of the final term.

He sucked in a few big breaths and it was captured on camera.

This can only be two things:

1. Gorn

2. Safe

I hope it's the latter.

3. He was totally stuffed from returning to the coaches box. Unfit.

• Like 7

"make a fair and reasonable assessment when we have 3 of our top 5 players back plus Viney and McDonald, you take out the bottom 5 players from yesterday and replace them with Clark, Sylvia, Grimes, Viney and McDonald and then make an assessment."................. along with Hogan, at least a recruited topline midfielder a second Ruckman (to join Fitzpatrick) and maybe Toumpas ,Troy Davis etc ....make it take out our bottom 10 !! Then we may start our slow journey back on the road to recovery..

I would expect some sort of announcement of change today, whatever that might be. Maybe McLardy gone as he really didn't want the Preisident gig in the first place and took over to give Jimmy a chop out.

I think the club will be keen to sell some sort of hope to it's members and supporters prior to the Queen's Birthday game.

I hope for God's sake that if they do sack Neeld today, then some form of prior warning has been given. We can't go down an unprofessional path again. I sadly get the feeling that either Neeld is delusional and hears only what he wants to hear OR the club has been telling him all is well and he has nothing to worry about. If it's the latter, then he needs to go today. If it's the former, then he needs to be given a set time frame that needs to start from today along with strict guidelines on match results and his own performance that he will need to change to hold onto his job (this would never be put in the public domain, I just hope that is what is happening behind closed doors).

Edited by Guest

Any DL member who lists Jurrah, Martin and Gysberts as their favourite players must have their sources questioned... :blink:

The difference is smarty pants I don't claim to have any sources!

• Like 1

I hope for God's sake that if they do sack Neeld today, then some form of prior warning has been given. We can't go down an unprofessional path again. I sadly get the feeling that either Neeld is delusional and hears only what he wants to hear OR the club has been telling him all is well and he has nothing to worry about. If it's the latter, then he needs to go today. If it's the former, then he needs to be given a set time frame that needs to start from today along with strict guidelines on match results and his own performance that he will need to change to hold onto his job (this would never be put in the public domain, I just hope that is what is happening behind closed doors).

Neeld wants to stay in the job. He has no option other than to find positives in the situation. Of course he is going to say the things he has. He's not likely to can the whole situation.

I heard on Friday that Alan Stockdale is lining up to take over the presidency.

• Like 1

...then he needs to be given a set time frame that needs to start from today along with strict guidelines on match results and his own performance that he will need to change to hold onto his job (this would never be put in the public domain, I just hope that is what is happening behind closed doors).

I think you'll find this is what is happening already. Just because demonlanders don't know what his performance kpis are doesn't mean they aren't there. Just because the kpis don't align with what demonlanders think they should be doesn't mean they aren't correct.

You suggested he could be delusional because he is so adamant he is on track. To me it would be more likely that he is meeting the kpis, thus his confidence.

Edited by deanox

After sitting on the fence for the past 18 months, I think I have finally decided to take the plunge and join a "side", however, my support is conditional.

I want Neeld to coach out his contract, and for an announcement to be made at the conclusion of today's board meeting, on the condition that they also announce (in the not too distant future) that Frawley, Sylvia and Watts have re-signed (Frawls getting an extension).

It will [censored] the media off, but it will also show a sign of unity between coach and players. An announcement like that will satisfy a majority of supporters (except Hogans Heroes), and could be that bit of "hope" that we all need.

I would be concerned what would happen to the playing group if Neeld were to be sacked. Dawes is adamant that the work ethic is a player thing and shouldn't be blamed on the coach. How would he (and the other players that feel the same) be if Neeld was sacked due to some players not putting in?

If we could somehow get important players re-committing then I'd be ok to give Neeld more time, but with a changed mandate (i.e. you must start finding ways to win games). I desperately want at least the playing group of our club united and playing for the jumper...and the coaching side of it can be taken care of in due course.

Neeld looked flushed when he sat in his chair before the start of the final term.

He sucked in a few big breaths and it was captured on camera.

This can only be two things:

1. Gorn

2. Safe

I hope it's the latter.

Did he scratch his left ear or his right?