• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A way forward?

buck_nekkid

Will MN survive? Don't know, but here are a few ideas to move us forward:

1. Allow our interim CEO to complete his review and institute any recommendations immediately. I suspect the FD will look completely different afterwards

2. Board to communicate more to members. It is bad following the Demons this year, but to do so in silence is not acceptable. Spill at the end of the year.

3. Continue as we are and get a priority pick. We have never tanked, face no sanctions and so a request for a priority pick should be put forward. No extra wins this year will make any difference. Let the kids have time to develop at Casey.

4. Get tough on the players. Set non negotiables in how to play. Do it or play for Casey. Stop treating them like poor babies, and get them being uncompromising.

5. Get outside experts in- support MN, and sports psych for the players.

We are the laughing stock of laughing stocks. If we don't get it right we ay be the Darwin Demons in time for the next TV deal...

• Like 1

1. Allow our interim CEO to complete his review and institute any recommendations immediately. I suspect the FD will look completely different afterwards

2. Board to communicate more to members. It is bad following the Demons this year, but to do so in silence is not acceptable. Spill at the end of the year.

3. Continue as we are and get a priority pick. We have never tanked, face no sanctions and so a request for a priority pick should be put forward. No extra wins this year will make any difference. Let the kids have time to develop at Casey.

4. Get tough on the players. Set non negotiables in how to play. Do it or play for Casey. Stop treating them like poor babies, and get them being uncompromising.

We are the laughing stock of laughing stocks. If we don't get it right we ay be the Darwin Demons in time for the next TV deal...

I disagree this must become something we rid the club of, I don't expect us to win every game, I expect improvement till that day comes but as part of our change in culture our players must think they need/want to win every game they play in. They must attack every contest, loose ball and hit every opponent like their lives depended on it.

That is how the Swans think/train & Act

• Like 1

Implement Peter Jackson recommendations.

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Appoint Worsfold on 4yr contract

Liam Anthony (NMFC) ... offer 3-yr contract and trade for Daniel Nicholson

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Shane Savage (Hawks) ... offer 3-year contract and pick #38 trade

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

Dylan Shiel (GWS) ... offer a 4-year contract and pick #2 trade

Dion Prestia (Suns) ... offer a 3-year contract and pick #20 trade

Sign Jesse Hogan to a 4-year extension.

Sign Colin Sylvia for a further 3-years to end 2016

Sign James Frawley for a further 3-years to end 2016

Get POSTERS of Jeremy Howe printed and sent to all junior supporters

I love this club. We are Melbourne. We will not be silenced. Unleash HELL.

• Like 5

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

I like the attitude and some of the points. Not entirely sold on the players, but then I don't know that much about them. I also am not sold on sacking Neeld. I think it will look terrible for the club t do this again after they cut Bailey's tenure as well. Let the guy finish his three year plan and see if it works.

• Like 2

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

Pick 20 will not get us Prestia. If we manage to get another draft pick through the hypothetical Shiel trade (2nd round maybe) use that as well. Or trade a player

Interesting. Some media reports suggest our problems might have something to do with Neeld doing exactly this with negative consequences...such as players wanting to leave at the end of the year.

The whole issue of players v coach and who is making the decisions seems to have been an ongoing issue for a number of years with allegations players told Daniher and Bailey what to do and, conversely, Neeld telling the players in no uncertain terms but the players not liking it. Perhaps there's a happy medium which we haven't found yet.

• Like 2

I like the attitude and some of the points. Not entirely sold on the players, but then I don't know that much about them. I also am not sold on sacking Neeld. I think it will look terrible for the club t do this again after they cut Bailey's tenure as well. Let the guy finish his three year plan and see if it works.

Agree sacking coach is something to avoid if possible, but MN needs to go and needs to go now!

I had sat back and suffered in silence as the MFC was getting slaughtered on the field right up until the 10 goal loss to the Sun's. Then I decided to UNLESH HELL as I seen enough and don't want to see the MFC average over a 100 point loss next season. All that happened with MN as coach is the MFC has gone backwards!

Currently the MFC is a joke and no one should delude themselves about that fact.

MN is not the only problem at the MFC but his replacement sends a message to the football community and current and future players.

Lets make the MFC great again!

Liam Anthony has had minor injuries and is behind Ziebell, Adams, Cunnington & Swallow in North inside mid role. Has 33+ possies in VFL in last 2 weeks and dominated.

Why are Liam Anthony and Todd Banfield not getting games in teams that are having problems?, that'll fix ours getting them in

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

excellent post. Send it to Peter Jackson.

Sack Neeld at end 2013.

Aiden Riley (Crows)

Matthew Jaensch (Crows)

Todd Banfield (Lions)

Mitch Hallahan (Hawks)

Tom Curran (Saints)

and priorities:

I also love this club - I will elect you as President, provided that you guarantee to pull off each and every one of these all so simple solutions to all our ills.

Interesting. Some media reports suggest our problems might have something to do with Neeld doing exactly this with negative consequences...such as players wanting to leave at the end of the year.

The whole issue of players v coach and who is making the decisions seems to have been an ongoing issue for a number of years with allegations players told Daniher and Bailey what to do and, conversely, Neeld telling the players in no uncertain terms but the players not liking it. Perhaps there's a happy medium which we haven't found yet.

Daniher did not let the players run the show that is for sure.

I would love to see the whole playing group taking responsibility for their performances. Come out as a group and put it on the line. Tell the world there is no internal BS between coach and players and they WANT the MN way. Come out and say the buck stops now, and for them to hold themselves, and each other accountable.

Too much individualism, lack of 'doing it for the team or mates' and no accountability. Set and keep the non-negotiables that they, as a group, BUY INTO.

A mixed up team is MEAT. Meat being eaten by hungry predators. That is MFC at the moment. Time to get it sorted

• Like 1

I also am not sold on sacking Neeld. I think it will look terrible for the club t do this again after they cut Bailey's tenure as well.

Personally I think he should go, but to not sack him purely because it isn't a good look after also sacking Bailey would be ridiculous. If his position is untenable, it is untenable, and needs to be dealt with regardless of what has gone before him. If he is kept on and that is the main reason for keeping him, that would be a huge concern.

heres the thing about the club i dont understand

if the players were in charge and the board wanted to stop it, appointing a dictator and letting him run roughshod over the group is understandable, the result will eventually be this way or go

so after all the complaints its time the prez stands up and makes the statement.HE HAS OUR FULL SUPPORT AND WE WILL SEE IT THROUGH. they havent done this , so thats a worry for mn and the fd

if the players are fed up and want him out ,it seems not chasing tackling and caring is not endearing them to anybody,

also not having the jatz crackers to make a statement is glarinly obvious. everybody a few years ago asked who the hell is jake king. well he was the players leader and took what the group said and put it to the board, end of wallace

nothing seems to be happenening here and it makes me come up with these

A .nobody on the board wants to have blood on thier hands

B no player wants blood on his hands ie no jatz

C they want pj to have blood on his hands

D they have decided they are going to see it through and everybody knows it . including players and all staff

heres the thing about the club i dont understand

if the players were in charge and the board wanted to stop it, appointing a dictator and letting him run roughshod over the group is understandable, the result will eventually be this way or go

so after all the complaints its time the prez stands up and makes the statement.HE HAS OUR FULL SUPPORT AND WE WILL SEE IT THROUGH. they havent done this , so thats a worry for mn and the fd

if the players are fed up and want him out ,it seems not chasing tackling and caring is not endearing them to anybody,

also not having the jatz crackers to make a statement is glarinly obvious. everybody a few years ago asked who the hell is jake king. well he was the players leader and took what the group said and put it to the board, end of wallace

nothing seems to be happenening here and it makes me come up with these

A .nobody on the board wants to have blood on thier hands

B no player wants blood on his hands ie no jatz

C they want pj to have blood on his hands

D they have decided they are going to see it through and everybody knows it . including players and all staff

I like your analysis. It does seem to have been a lot of buck-passing throughout the drama oft the last few years. Even to the extent of farming the search for a new coach out to a certain ex-player/media identity. If the players as a group have issues they want raised then surely it is the leadership group and the captains that have to bring these to the board? We know that Moloney had issues and behaved like a spoilt child rather than raising them openly. Are others doing the same? Certainly it's well worth considering.