Neeld is not the problem

Dr. Mubutu

Nah nah nah! Comparison with Clarko is way off beam. As Healy said, this is the worst midfield and it is Neelds midfield, the one he has put together.

You are completely missing the point of the comparison with Clarko. My point was that early on there were calls for him to be sacked. They didn't sack him though, they extended his contract and things picked up soon after. Your reference to Healy's statement is totally unrelated to the point I was making.

Also, I don't get the argument that this midfield is the midfield that Neeld put together......he inherited a list that relied on Moloney as it's main ball winner, and Moloney left. Since then, the midfielders that have been moved on were Morton, Gysberts and ?????

So explain to me how the midfield is Neelds fault when all he was really left to work with Nathan Jones, Colin Sylvia, Grimes and........

Neeld has recruited experienced mids and young mids and I can not see one pick that has missed yet. Magner as a rookie has worked great. Couch has also been solid. Then we have Viney and Toumpas and late picks like Taggert, Kent, Matt Jones who have shown something but obviously still need time to develop. Trengove needs to have a full preseason but will surely come good because he is too talented not to.

Neeld inherited other young mids like Blease (needs to work on defensive pressure), Strauss (still finding his feet), Nicholson and Bail (both are poor by foot), Tapscott and Jetta. All are young and need experience, but when you take just one of Jones and/or Sylvia out of our team, our midfield is significantly weaker.

Some people have said that instead of going for guys like Dawes and Pederson he should have gone for mids. Well from the reports I read we expressed interest in Clinton Young and Sharrod Wellingham, the two top mids available in free agency. What else can we do when they say NO???

• Like 1

Not to mention getting rid of moloney, rivers, petered and not fighting hard enough for wona and Jurrah.

He broke our spirit by coaching against instinct, teaching our layers to second guess themselves, disregarding our deadly attacking game under Bailey, basically telling us all we are a b-grade club with b-grade players and a b-grade culture. As a result, he bred b-grade results and no-one respects him. Yet he wouldn't change a thing. What a [censored]!

Of FFS, Jurrah ahead of Rockliff was a flawed mistake amongst others but because of his wow factor, Dees fans chose to forget this one! He lacked the workrate to make and consistency to make it at AFL level

• Like 1

Titan ur anus, your thinking needs to get sacked along with neeld.

It is a proven failure.

You will find the next trend in football will be high skilled, high spirited, simple direct football which is turbo charged with emotion, spirit and the desire to win. Players will once again be allowed to have a beer after the game, as long as they play good consistent footy. The club that can grasp this concept will entice the most talented footballers in the country, who realize the simple philosophy, work hard, play hard.

The role for robots will be dead, and freaks like Carey, ablett, Jakovich, cousins, dermie and co will reign supreme. Alpha males strutting there stuff on the country's biggest stage, daring the world to fcuk with them.

Ps, don't psychological test these blokes, cause they wouldn't get a game.

Work ethic comes with desire, you just gotta let the players be free to express their desire to win.

Sheedy summed it up best,

"too much analysis leads to paralysis"

We are paralyzed.

Of FFS, Jurrah ahead of Rockliff was a flawed mistake amongst others but because of his wow factor, Dees fans chose to forget this one! He lacked the workrate to make and consistency to make it at AFL level

Pennant st dee, your opinions have also proven to be failures.

Jurrah, if managed correctly, would be the biggest star in the land right now.

Edited by tonatopia
  • Like 3

A very reasonable post again and a welcome contribution. You certainly don't give off the impression of someone purely sticking to principles on this subject, and have clearly thought it through. Kudos. A few points which come to mind:

- I doubt anyone is claiming that Neeld took over a picnic. I am however of the opinion that the situation has worsened, significantly, since Neeld took over, through poor decisions both on and off field. Clearly there were issues to which you have alluded, not least of which was the dearth in leadership. This in itself is something for which there is no easy fix, though your post seems to assume that the captaincy appointment was the only move that could have been made. I doubt many could honestly say that the Trengove appointment has been shown to be a correct decision. Quite the opposite. It would appear no-one has benefited from it, least of all Jack himself. And I don't for one minute buy into Neeld essentially washing his hands off it by claiming it was put to a vote. He's the coach for heaven's sake. Selecting the CAPTAIN is one of his most important decisions of which he must take ownership.

- The loss of Rivers and Moloney - a huge chunk of games experience walking out the door. For what reason? Both have provided a pretty clear indication it was due to an inability to play for Neeld. His defenders on this site will point to this as a positive, citing Moloney and Rviers as being representative of a poor culture that preceded Neeld. In the scheme of things, this is irrelevant. They are human beings, and they have talent. A good senior coach would have been able to achieve their buy in as SENIOR players, no question. Neeld had the opposite effect, resulting in both seeing their only option being to walk. Moloney in particular is certainly not free from blame, but both his and Rivers' absence has hurt us, and for that, Neeld must be held accountable (note I am not disregarding the impact of the J Mac decision under Bailey, which was a stinker).

- I think to attribute the form of Garland and Jones to Neeld is a little too convenient. I'm not discounting it, but the form of the vast majority of the list points towards it being more likely that these players are simply coming into their prime, Jones in particular.

- To single out the Freo and Gold Coast games is essentially washing over other performances which have, on the whole, been completely unacceptable at AFL level. Granted, Gold Coast showed against the Hawks that they are a much better side than they were last year, but this does not absolve the team from the disgusting lack of effort in that match. Which leads to the next point which you raise...who is to blame for this absence of the fundamentals?

- I am not for one minute saying all for this is Neeld's fault. Clearly the playing group have to take an equally large degree of responsibility for what is happening. But the buck stops with Neeld for good reason. As senior coach he is the one providing the instruction and motivation, which on the footy being produced has been a monumental fail on both counts. Players look lost, constinually second guessing themselves, and simply unable to move the ball on quickly which is so important in the modern game. Over the weekend I witnessed players simply not running in the first quarter. The FIRST quarter. It was almost unbelievable to witness, and it is inexcusable because it can not possibly be a fitness issue. It is either a misunderstanding of the gameplan and not knowing where to run, or a basic unwillingness to try. After 18 months at the helm, this to me can not be defended because this MUST come down to Neeld. We're not asking for miracles here. We're asking for something remotely resembling a cohesive, competitive side. He may be an absolute gun coach for a developed side, but for a developing side, he clearly is not.

- If Neeld is somehow able to retain his job after the Bye, following thrashings at the hands of Hawks and Pies, am I to assume that your view will be altered if we are put to the slaughter by St Kilda and the Bulldogs? Having watched both of those teams a fair bit, I can't see us getting close to either one. I just want to be sure that I understand you when you say those matches will be "the benchmarks of our progress", because I know there are some posters for whom no loss will be too great to covnince them, or at least to admit, that we've got the wrong bloke leading us out of this hole. You seem a reasonable guy, so am I understandfing you correctly that failure of these tests would see an alteration in your view on Neeld?

- We all know the lines being fed to the footy world. "We're in a rebuild of a rebuild". "It is what it is". Right now, we are accepting of the state we're in because we have to wait it out while the players build up games' experience. That's what we're told. We have to accept being legitimately and statistically compared with Fitzroy on its last legs, having our brand massacred and mocked by the entire country. Reduced to complete and utter irrelevance. We have to accept it, because "it is what it is". I say that's crap. It doesn't have to be this way. No club has to be brought to its knees like this in the name of a rebuild. The time for a statement has come, and that statement is we do no accept the football being produced, and we will move heaven and heart to bring the person or persons to this club who are capable of restoring it to where it once was, and utilising the talent on our list to its full potential, of which are are only seeing a shred.

Nice response mate. I'm not going to respond to everything you've said because I'm tired and my 5 week old daughter will probably wake up any moment now, but I will elaborate on my thoughts regarding the "benchmarking against the bulldogs and st kilda", and try to get to a few of the other comments.

My comments regarding benchmarking our progress when we play against the bulldogs and st kilda was only used because i believe they are two teams in similar positions to us from a list perspective. With that said, their younger players are probably in my opinion not as naturally talented as ours, but will have had better habits built into them due to the stronger leadership groups at each of the clubs. We don't have a group that compares in experience and talent level to Cross, Cooney, Boyd, Griffin, Murphy, Giansiracusa, Morris for the Dogs, or Riewoldt, Montagna, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne, Blake and Fisher for the Saints. So, based on that simple assessment, I do not expect us to be favorites, but what I do expect is for the team to be competitive and for the team to show some heart, some determination and some fight in going for a win. I believe that we actually have a better back line and forward line than both the dogs and st kilda, but our midfield is just too inexperienced to compare to theirs.

So, will the results change my of the Neeld era, not necessarily. But the effort on the field against lists similar to ours may. I accept that with a young list comes inconsistencies with performance, but at some stage it has to change and if there aren't signs of that change then I would agree with the sentiment that Neeld may not be the best coach for us.

With that said, I do not believe that we would see real change until next season.

Trengove's appointment as captain...... I think it would have been wiser for Jones to have been chosen purely because he has the runs on the board. However, I still think that Trengove looks to be a great leader for the club, but it may have been a little early. Do I think it's as bad a choice as everyone has made it out to be though? No. I think too much of his average form has been attributed to the captaincy appointment and not enough to injuries in the preseason and the recovery from those injuries.

Moloney and Rivers ........ I think Rivers might have left regardless. I mean what player nearing the last few years of their career wouldn't want to join Geelong, and have a near guaranteed spot in the starting 22 each week, when you've had little success throughout your career? As for Moloney, I don't care that he moved on. When I hear stories about him just choosing to miss time trials under Bailey, or here stories about how he was selfish while at Geelong and basically remained that way with us, talent or not, if you are rebuilding a culture he is one of the first to go. From the reports I've heard, he was one of the senior players Scully was referring to when he stated concern regarding their behaviour on the China trip.

The Freo and Gold Coast games ....... I only singled them out because they were the two games that people had been focusing on recently. I did acknowledge the Port Adelaide and Essendon games, though not in depth and I agree that the perceived lack of effort is a concern. I say perceived, because I believe the fitness levels of the club are obviously still not at the required level, and add that to an inexperienced list and fatigue etc set in much quicker, tackles don't stick, and players get overpowered by more experienced opposition.

That's about all I can add for now.

• Like 3

Pennant st dee, your opinions have also proven to be failures.

Jurrah, if managed correctly, would be the biggest star in the land right now.

Your mind is very narrow indeed, obviously another silver spooner.

Google Tallaght & Crumlin were I grew up, then tell me I'm a silver spooner!

Sorry, I withdraw my comment.

No worries, probably part of my up bringing and my sporting abilities all effort and no skill, but guys like LJ, Watts, Dayle Garlett, Mcdougall, Morton and others annoy the hell out of me. I know it takes all types and I'm biased but I'll go for guys with mongrel, high work rate and intensity over skill every time.

I have always loved players like Todd Viney, Jimmy, Woey, Archer, Riccuito, Jude Bolton, Mitchell, Sewell, and now J.Selwood, Jack & Hannaberry

• Like 3

I've been as frustrated as the rest of you with the performances this year, but after each big loss which at the time seems unexpected, I find it useful to sit back, remove emotion from the equation and consider the lists and clubs who have handed us the latest belting.

The two that stand out in most people's memories are the Gold Coast loss, and the Freo game. The first two rounds were obviously also very hard to take.

However, upon reflection I think we are underrating the teams that are giving us these beltings. Firstly, the Gold Coast. They have now beaten all four teams that are also in a rebuilding phase (GWS, Melb, Dogs, Saints) and pushed the premiership favourites only to go down by just over 4 goals. Upon reflection, do I think we were favourites for that game based on a list comparison....hell no. Our experienced senior players do not hold a light to there collective group of Ablett, Bock, Brennan, Rischetelli, Brown and even Hunt (in terms of approach to the game). Secondly, our young developing players do not compare to their group.

Now onto Freo. Going into this game, they had just drawn with Sydney on the SCG while undermanned, they had also just beaten Collingwood by just under 5 goals with a depleted side, and sat 4th on ladder despite all their injuries. In short, they are a bloody good side. A top 4 side now, and probably for the rest of the season. So should we be surprised they belted us...probably not.

But the reality is, that it's the perceived "lack of effort" that is killing us as supporters, and making our team harder and harder to watch. But is the lack of effort of Neeld's doing??? The more I read, the more I listen to what the players are saying, the less I believe it is. Originally Neeld said the club was 3 years behind the level of fitness required to play AFL football. Here's a simple thought; if a player is not fit enough to play against other AFL players, they are not going to catch them in a chase, they are not going to be able to run out games, and their skills will not be at the same level for as long as the fatigue earlier.

I just noticed this article about our good mate Cale Morton about his time at West Coast so far (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-27/cale-morton). If anything, it highlights how right Neeld was with his comments about the fitness of our players, and the lack of leadership within the player group. Leadership that obviously wasn't coming from the senior players like Moloney and Rivers, who were present when Neeld came into the club.

So let me paint a picture of what Neeld took on when he accepted the head coaching position. When Neeld took over this club after Bailey's tenure, he took on a list that had kicked out it's best leader, Jnr McDonald, and said goodbye to good clubmen like Yze, Miller, Robertson, and Bruce; lost Tom Scully due to financial incentives and (if Scully is to be believed) concerns around the leadership of the veterans on the club list; had training standards and fitness levels that would take 3 years to fix; had a core group of young inexperienced players that had never experienced an environment with real AFL level standards before; and a history of poor drafting and insufficient investment of funds into player development; but he took it on with an aim to turning the club around to become "the hardest team to play against" within 3-5 years.

Now, some people seem to think that this can be fixed within 18 months. I think that is unrealistic. We have a team bereft of leadership, which is why we have two of the youngest captains in the history of the game. We have also said goodbye to some senior players during the last offseason and gotten younger again. We are now in a position where we have the 2nd least experienced team in the league.

However, the foundations are there for change. Veteran players recognised as good clubmen, who are recognised for their attitude to training, as well as some seriously talented Key Position talent, have been recruited. Byrnes and Rodan were two such players recognised as good club men, who were brought into to help mentor the player group. Clarke and Dawes have been recruited to provide us with the most promising Key Forward combo this club has seen since the Neitz and Schwartz years. Players have been recruited to fill roles, and some good mature age recruits have been brought in to bolster the ranks (Pederson, Magner, Terlich, Couch, M Jones). All the while, some seriously promising young talent has been recruited (Toumpas, Hogan, Viney) while games have been poured into our developing list. Some players have also shown a new level of consistency not previously seen (N Jones, Sylvia (some may disagree on this one), Garland, Grimes) under previous coaches.

There are a number of positives, to go along with the negatives. Some say blame Neeld, some say don't, blame the players instead.

I say, the problems lie largely in the past, and have contributed to the poor practices that our current player group have displayed. Why, because when you look at everything that has happened, our club was a basket case before Neeld took over and changes were needed to turn it around. Those changes are currently being made, and I believe that we will not see the improvement we are all craving, until next year. And when I say improvement, I simply mean that we will jump over the Saints and Bulldogs on the ladder while holding off a developing GWS. But we shouldn't expect much more than that, because that's just not where we are at with our list.

Many on here will disagree, and many will say, BUT IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!. It may not be good enough for where we WANT this club to be. But we are where we are for a reason and I do not believe that the big improvement will come until next year, and the year following. For me, the benchmarks of our progress for the remainder of this season should be when we play St Kilda and the Bulldogs, two clubs I believe to be in a similar transition period to us, but with a better group of experienced leaders.

Those are just my thoughts on where we are, agree or disagree I don't care.

I do agree with much of what you say

However Neeld knew the situation he inherited and undertook to make improvement in his three year tenure.

This has not occurred. While there has been improvement there has also been some disturbing reduction

The Coach is responsible for the players, the way they play and ultimately the result.

I am prepared to let him fulfill his 3 years but if we continue with the results at the moment he may not have that opportunity.

We certainly cannot let the deterioration continue where the future of our club high draft picks that we have invested in do not get us a return.

I agree with what you are saying. I look at this rebuilding in the following phases:

1st year - assessment of player group - No free agency and limited capacity to make many trades, however Mitch Clark was brought in to provide a key forward option and some hard bodied mature mids brought onto the rookie list. Game plan introduced and new standards set.

2nd year- transition stage - large amount of list turnover with player brought in with desirable characteristics and experience to fill on and off field needs for leadership and positions. Game plan becoming embedded, and new list structure developed to create greater cohesion during games.

3rd year (if Neeld gets there) - AFL level fitness requirements met, greater work on skill weaknesses and further embedding of game plan. Recruitment of further players to address list weaknesses. Expectation for improvements in performance and on field results. Continued development of younger players and core group of players.

4th year - Genuine progress in terms of results, and further development of younger players.

Given the whole concept of the rebuild that has been mentioned, this is just how I reckon it could have been planned out from what has been said. I guess this is partly why I think more time is needed before making a proper judgement of Neeld. I acknowledge that some players have been put off by Neeld's manner, but when I consider how he has helped Davey in recent times, I feel more optimistic about his ability to get those players back on-side and play for him and the club into the future. I guess I'm just a glass half-full kind of guy.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed your posting and thoughts on the MFC - pm24

Although the MFC is not in a good position at the moment - my thoughts align with yours and although I hate watching me team lose and lose badly most weeks lately - I can see the greater good at the end of the year.

I really hope the MFC administration now led by Peter Jackson have the balls to stand up for their beliefs/blueprint (which i believe is called the Red and Blueprint) and back what they started when they hired Neeld to change this clubs culture and work ethics.

I get a very stong feeling they won't and will bow to media pressure - which all the media are after is a story to headline the news - they don't care about the MFC

It is dark days ath the MFC but I firmly believe stong leadership will get us though and I appreciate some of the quality posting on this tread by yourself and there have been real good arguments for change from the anti neeld side.

Thanks again PM your arguments and thoughts are a lot better articulated then mine :)

• Like 3

I just don't think anyone in their right mind would've accepted that we would regress so much in 18 months when Neeld took over. All of his talk makes me think he didn't think that either.

I'm all for going backwards to move forward and I was convinced that last year was that period. But now we're going further backwards, at a faster rate, under Neeld and all of the time he's adjusting his position to suit the ever decreasing performance if his team. Sure the players need to take some responsibility but I'm confident that the game plan and structures he's put in that team has directly led to the poor performance we continue to witness.

The players are just plain confused IMO.

- To single out the Freo and Gold Coast games is essentially washing over other performances which have, on the whole, been completely unacceptable at AFL level. Granted, Gold Coast showed against the Hawks that they are a much better side than they were last year, but this does not absolve the team from the disgusting lack of effort in that match. Which leads to the next point which you raise...who is to blame for this absence of the fundamentals?

- I am not for one minute saying all for this is Neeld's fault. Clearly the playing group have to take an equally large degree of responsibility for what is happening. But the buck stops with Neeld for good reason. As senior coach he is the one providing the instruction and motivation, which on the footy being produced has been a monumental fail on both counts. Players look lost, constinually second guessing themselves, and simply unable to move the ball on quickly which is so important in the modern game. Over the weekend I witnessed players simply not running in the first quarter. The FIRST quarter. It was almost unbelievable to witness, and it is inexcusable because it can not possibly be a fitness issue. It is either a misunderstanding of the gameplan and not knowing where to run, or a basic unwillingness to try. After 18 months at the helm, this to me can not be defended because this MUST come down to Neeld. We're not asking for miracles here. We're asking for something remotely resembling a cohesive, competitive side. He may be an absolute gun coach for a developed side, but for a developing side, he clearly is not.

This.

And not just this past weekend but numerous games this year.

I just don't think anyone in their right mind would've accepted that we would regress so much in 18 months when Neeld took over. All of his talk makes me think he didn't think that either.

I'm all for going backwards to move forward and I was convinced that last year was that period. But now we're going further backwards, at a faster rate, under Neeld and all of the time he's adjusting his position to suit the ever decreasing performance if his team. Sure the players need to take some responsibility but I'm confident that the game plan and structures he's put in that team has directly led to the poor performance we continue to witness.

The players are just plain confused IMO.

Maybe you'd care to elborate further to make us understand why you think that - otherwise it is just another blame need for all our woes opinion

You keep calling it his team - refer to PM's posts - he's had an experimental season in 2012 and has made 14 list changes in 2012. He has still inherited 3/4 of the list or at least 2/3ds

Yes the team has gone backwards - but there is light at the end of the tunnel

• Like 1

We have gone backwards in some areas, but when I consider the matchups of our players against other teams, particularly in the midfield, then I am not surprised we are getting smashed in the midfield. Our midfield is probably only more experienced the GWS. GC have a more experienced and talented midfield than us, so do the dogs, saints, etc etc etc.

With that said, I am looking forward to the time we have Sylvia return from suspension, Grimes and Clark back into the team, and a few more games experience into players like Toumpas and Viney. I think what Neeld and co need to do is place Sylvia in the middle with Jones for the rest of the season. If Magner can be maintained on the senior list, keep him in there, and we'll actually have mature bodies around the ball. I would also like to see us move one of the tall backs out of the side to make way for some smaller, more nimble players in the back line to help with our run and disposal out of the back half. I would like to see Strauss get more time back, and for him to be used to clear the ball out of the back 50, by collecting the ball after marks from our taller players. I would like to see maybe Jetta used in the backline for his tackling and agility. I can't help but think that having 5 out of 6 back men at more than 191cm's is hindering our ability to move the ball out of there. But, we lack small defenders, so there's little we can do.

I would like to see Blease back in to provide run and carry ahead of guys like Bail and Nicholson, but only when he can run out a game when providing as much defensive pressure as he does offensive spark. I would like to see Fitzpatrick get a game because he's earned it, but I don't think we can really say the forward line hasn't performed because we haven't been getting the ball in there.

I might be overly optimistic, but I think if we can keep Sylvia, Jones, Magner, Grimes all in around the middle, with the tackling of McKenzie, then our midfield will perform much MUCH better. Then we would likely get more clearances, more forward fifty entries, and score more often. But until we can get some of those key midfield cogs back, we will continue to get smashed in those areas.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed your posting and thoughts on the MFC - pm24

Although the MFC is not in a good position at the moment - my thoughts align with yours and although I hate watching me team lose and lose badly most weeks lately - I can see the greater good at the end of the year.

I really hope the MFC administration now led by Peter Jackson have the balls to stand up for their beliefs/blueprint (which i believe is called the Red and Blueprint) and back what they started when they hired Neeld to change this clubs culture and work ethics.

I get a very stong feeling they won't and will bow to media pressure - which all the media are after is a story to headline the news - they don't care about the MFC

It is dark days ath the MFC but I firmly believe stong leadership will get us though and I appreciate some of the quality posting on this tread by yourself and there have been real good arguments for change from the anti neeld side.

Thanks again PM your arguments and thoughts are a lot better articulated then mine :)

Thanks Mate. I am far from an expert in all things football, haven't even played the game at local level.

Just trying to get people to look at things from a different angle, because though the results are really hurting, I think I can see the plan that they are following. It's just a matter of whether it will come to fruition. I still think it's too early to tell.

I firmly believe, as many others seem to, that it is not just Neeld's fault and sacking him will not suddenly turn us into a better side. With that said, I do also believe that he is gone. He has faced numerous issues, but some of his actions have only exacerbated many of them, but other moves should bear positive fruit in the future.

What I will add is that I found many of his statements about our games experience and the big bodies of the Gold Coast players perplexing given what he said on the "inside word" before the game against Gold Coast last season.

Maybe you'd care to elborate further to make us understand why you think that - otherwise it is just another blame need for all our woes opinion

You keep calling it his team - refer to PM's posts - he's had an experimental season in 2012 and has made 14 list changes in 2012. He has still inherited 3/4 of the list or at least 2/3ds

Yes the team has gone backwards - but there is light at the end of the tunnel

Too busy at work UH. Will try and get more detail later on to explain better.

BTW, that was the first time I've ever called it his team which by now I think it is. He's stated that this is the group that will take the club forward a few times now.

BTW, that was the first time I've ever called it his team which by now I think it is. He's stated that this is the group that will take the club forward a few times now.

He's only said that because the alternative would be to completely disenfranchise his players. Can you imagine the outrage that would ensue if Neeld said "This is not my team. I didn't pick them, and there's no way that most of them will be able to take this club forward."

He'd lose his job before the sentence left his lips.

We have gone backwards in some areas...

Sorry to nitpick but we have gone backwards in all areas. There is virtually nothing we have done that has been an improvement on field.

Pretty much every positive statistical category we are worse off.

Sorry to nitpick but we have gone backwards in all areas. There is virtually nothing we have done that has been an improvement on field.

Pretty much every positive statistical category we are worse off.

I honestly didn't check the stats and figures before making that comment so don't read too much into it. The main purpose of the statement to acknowledge the regression that has taken place this year.

No problems McQeen - I know the feeling

When points are blunt they do come across as just anti Neeld sentiment - Although I am of the belief Neeld should stay until the end of the year and then the club make a decision, it doesn't ment I don't appreciate the other side of the argument.

More specifically what we are talking about (gameplans and structures) are very hard to summaries in a short argument (sometimes I am not sure why myself or anyone else bothers haha - they can be too complex or have the issues that a you need a group of players dedicated to the plan or can actually exectue - and i think sadly we lack both atm).

Anyway too long winded - look forward to your thoughts

Edited by Unleash Hell

No worries, probably part of my up bringing and my sporting abilities all effort and no skill, but guys like LJ, Watts, Dayle Garlett, Mcdougall, Morton and others annoy the hell out of me. I know it takes all types and I'm biased but I'll go for guys with mongrel, high work rate and intensity over skill every time.

I have always loved players like Todd Viney, Jimmy, Woey, Archer, Riccuito, Jude Bolton, Mitchell, Sewell, and now J.Selwood, Jack & Hannaberry

So where would Stevie J fit into your likes/dislikes meter!? There is surely a place for the mercurial as opposed to the fully committed all the time chaps.

As to your earlier comments re Moloney I think you are wrong. My understanding, based upon discussions with other players is that Moloney played a great role in bonding particularly for younger players. He privately explained to Neeld his concern about the gameplan and was then off-sided. His departure was a disaster and very concerning for colleagues.

Have a look over at 'Ology ...

http://demonology.midnight.net.au/

the post-bump of the century:

TGR -- Remember this? Has anything changed?

sigh...

Groundghog day Frankie.

Speaking of Ology.... i was on there about 10 years ago. I know my user name but forgot my password. Any idea how i can retrieve that?? I've also tried to re-register a new name but won't let me in via that method.