Neeld is not the problem

Dr. Mubutu

so "Neeld is not the problem" - more to the point is whether he's the solution. According to some, he may be so long as we can wait several years; no-one else can solve the problem any quicker, runs the argument, so suck it up and fill in your time rubbishing the players etc.

Some of us barrack for the team, which means the players, and we don't think they are that lousy. Didn't think Jurrah was either. Liked his attack on the ball, and his instinct for finding team-mates and the goals. Imagine that Moloney had more to offer than we got from him. Really liked Green's presence, as an older and still skilful member of the team. Remember commentators saying we would be the next big thing, and loved the attacking game when it clicked. Etc. Some of us don't think waiting several years is an acceptable time-frame for evaluating our rookie coach - especially when by everyone's opinion we are going steadily, astonishingly, backwards. We don't want to comply with the argument that insists we are now powerless to advocate any alternatives, and stupid if we try to anyway.

Maybe Neeld is not the solution we want. It is, obviously, only speculation for any of us to say what would happen if Neeld was replaced by someone else - but a new coach would be hard pressed to make us any worse than we are currently. If the five year time-frame is not an acceptable solution, then Neeld by his revised promises is simply not our man. Just as he cast his eye over our leadership group, and a big percentage of our players, and said "they are not what I want"...

Raises the next question, though - who? Which is another thread. But as to this thread, whether you call him the problem or just not the solution, I think Neeld's time-frame is a game-changer. Not what a lot of us supporters, or sponsors or broadcasters, are up for at all. what we all need is players and a team we can get behind. We need some x-factor, some hope; something more than just slow grinding resignation of the "it is what it is" variety. That's no solution.

• Like 3

Unfortunately for me, neeld does not believe in arousing the spirit. He is a sad soul. Probably explains his weird face twitching.

Professor nutjob, you've done it again. Another 12 goal belting. Yippee. One step closer to regime change.

You mean the damaged nerve he got having his face broken? Classy bringing that up as an argument for his sacking.

Try English mate.

It was not particularly obscure. Anyone not Parroting your opinion is a Sheep. That is basically what you said.

The MFC was set to fail the moment Mark Neeld was appointed coach. His coaching style and game plan did not suit the players that MFC had. So he set out to make major changes which involved making the football team inexperienced and uncompetive (below basic AFL standards). Some may wish to disput this statement but all I will say, look at the scoreboar! The MFC will be lucky to win two games this year, but even if I am wrong and it wins four, so what, as that only means its won the same amount of games as last year (no improvement what so ever).

I would agree that the supporters should stay united, so lets get a new Coach, President, Board and Recruiting Department that most of the MFC supporters can respect.

I had kept quiet with my dissatifaction of the MFC on field performance for sometime but the 10 goal loss to the Suns was the final straw. Surely enough is enough, this train wreck must stop. New leadership is needs so the MFC supporters can stop fight each other and focus on the enjoyment of the MFC actually beating other clubs.

It now going to take 10 to 20 years for the MFC to be in a position to win a premiership, however if MN remains as coach for another year or two my estimate increases tos another 50 years (yes he's that toxic)

I do hope the rumour that he gone in two weeks is true and make no apologies for my views as I will be supporting the MFC long after MN is gone from this Club.

I think this post just confirmed for me why it is pointless in debating something with you.....

Mature recruits may be more physically prepared to play AFL, that does not mean that they will be up to speed with the way the game is played, or have developed the skills to perform at a high standard against others with elite skills and experience in the league.

I wish I could take such a simplistic view of things as you, but then again, that would mean giving no consideration to a heap of relevant information when making decisions etc.

Come on mate. If you are recruiting a 25 year old from one of the lesser leagues, especially the VFL, where they have been playing against a number of AFL listed players and don't expect them to make an immediate impact, then you are doing a poor job of recruiting. Many don't get much better than their first year. You cannot give the same time to develop to a 25 year old as you do an 18 or 19 year old. Which is a problem I have with Neeld continually linking Jones and Terlich to his 100 games experience premiership model.

The MFC was set to fail the moment Mark Neeld was appointed coach. His coaching style and game plan did not suit the players that MFC had. So he set out to make major changes which involved making the football team inexperienced and uncompetive (below basic AFL standards). Some may wish to disput this statement but all I will say, look at the scoreboar! The MFC will be lucky to win two games this year, but even if I am wrong and it wins four, so what, as that only means its won the same amount of games as last year (no improvement what so ever).

I would agree that the supporters should stay united, so lets get a new Coach, President, Board and Recruiting Department that most of the MFC supporters can respect.

I had kept quiet with my dissatifaction of the MFC on field performance for sometime but the 10 goal loss to the Suns was the final straw. Surely enough is enough, this train wreck must stop. New leadership is needs so the MFC supporters can stop fight each other and focus on the enjoyment of the MFC actually beating other clubs.

It now going to take 10 to 20 years for the MFC to be in a position to win a premiership, however if MN remains as coach for another year or two my estimate increases tos another 50 years (yes he's that toxic)

I do hope the rumour that he gone in two weeks is true and make no apologies for my views as I will be supporting the MFC long after MN is gone from this Club.

so your improvement is based on winning more games than last year?

Come on mate. If you are recruiting a 25 year old from one of the lesser leagues, especially the VFL, where they have been playing against a number of AFL listed players and don't expect them to make an immediate impact, then you are doing a poor job of recruiting. Many don't get much better than their first year. You cannot give the same time to develop to a 25 year old as you do an 18 or 19 year old. Which is a problem I have with Neeld continually linking Jones and Terlich to his 100 games experience premiership model.

I agree with what you are saying as a general rule, but there are exceptions to every rule and the MFC is no different.

M Jones and Terlich have been in the MFC best for the majority of the games we've played - so I think they meet your rule.... With such an in-experienced list too much is left to too few players and these blokes are carrying the loan

Add to that holes in the AFL side all over the ground and you have a generally uncompetitive unit which we see every week... Unless we could have picked up more AFL ready talent (which i don't think was available in the 2012 off season) I know Neeld tried to get Ray and Mckay from Adel?? Hod to go for blokes like Rodan instead.

Bag Neeld all you want but apart from 1 or 2 players in the off season recruiting isn't the problem

A more prudent question would be - why would the blokes on our list Neeld hasn't recruited or brought in not been able to respond?

Some and I won't bag players have given very little and should able to handle different styles of play as they are professional senior players

Edited by Unleash Hell

Your kidding UH.

Why get rid of moloney, rivers & petered and pick up Byrnes, gillies and rodan.

Talk about throwing the gearbox in reverse.

Absolute incompetence.

You're kidding buddy

You act like the MFC were the only ones able to make a call

Rivers chased success and it is now well documented Moloney dropped his bundle - are you a muppet or do you just love arguing about crap you can't change?

I'll give you a hot tip though we'd probably be 2 - 10 with Molony and Rvio anyway - they're role players not leaders

Believe what you want tona i don't give a crap

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

I agree with what you are saying as a general rule, but there are exceptions to every rule and the MFC is no different.

M Jones and Terlich have been in the MFC best for the majority of the games we've played - so I think they meet your rule.... With such an in-experienced list too much is left to too few players and these blokes are carrying the loan

Add to that holes in the AFL side all over the ground and you have a generally uncompetitive unit which we see every week... Unless we could have picked up more AFL ready talent (which i don't think was available in the 2012 off season) I know Neeld tried to get Ray and Mckay from Adel?? Hod to go for blokes like Rodan instead.

Bag Neeld all you want but apart from 1 or 2 players in the off season recruiting isn't the problem

Where am I bagging Neeld? I question some of his decisions, or probably more accurately some of his implementation and timing. I am not questioning the recruiting of Jones and Terlich they are contributing. My response was to a post on mature age recruits. Which players do you consider the one or two?

Unleash hell, contort it all you want, I prefer facts like stats and result.

You and your cronies are under the "neeld delusion of grandeur".

haha i shouldn't even dignify your post with a response but I can't help myself - I enjoy the lols too much

Go hand your resume in at the club then muppet - you clearly know all the facts and understand list management better then anyone at the club.

You call it delusion - I call it reality and dealing with it - you should try it tona!

A more prudent question would be - why would the blokes on our list Neeld hasn't recruited or brought in not been able to respond?

Some and I won't bag players have given very little and should able to handle different styles of play as they are professional senior players

Yes indeed. Is it all the players fault? The coaches? Admin? Probably a mixture and it would vary for each individual.

Where am I bagging Neeld? I question some of his decisions, or probably more accurately some of his implementation and timing. I am not questioning the recruiting of Jones and Terlich they are contributing. My response was to a post on mature age recruits. Which players do you consider the one or two?

Didn't you just answer your own question with your statement?

I am saying list management hasn't been the biggest issue at the club - and was referring in general that you can bag Neeld for the performance but I don't think list management is a biggest issue

Disagree if you want I am not going to argue

Edited by Unleash Hell

Yes indeed. Is it all the players fault? The coaches? Admin? Probably a mixture and it would vary for each individual.

I hope they can work it out...... I don't think there is a definitive answer it is probably a combined effort.

It sucks but if we put the effort in to developing the list - we might actually have a chance in the future IMO - quick fixes will see this club die slowly

Didn't you just answer your own question with your statement?

I am saying list management hasn't been the biggest issue at the club - and was referring in general that you can bag Neeld for the performance but I don't think list management is a biggest issue

Disagree if you want I am not going to argue

Perhaps we are disagreeing over the term bagging then?

I hope they can work it out...... I don't think there is a definitive answer it is probably a combined effort.

It sucks but if we put the effort in to developing the list - we might actually have a chance in the future IMO - quick fixes will see this club die slowly

So will bad fixes. I think Neeld is gone, but it doesn't mean I think everything is his fault or that we will be fine and dandy once he moves on.

If my memory serves me right The Melbourne Football club jumped on Neeld early because The Crow's were about to grab him. That said I wonder if all the normal test were done.

your right

inside info from aclose source had him over the line at crows. i put a 100.00 on that at 20/1

never realised how much it would cost me

I love how its always "this will take time"

After 7 years of shite I'm fucken sick of waiting, especially when the performances this year are worse than last year!

Can any of you who support Neeld staying on tell me his game plan?

Can any of you tell that we will be better in 1 years time?

Have we got better from this time last year?

Those players on our list from last year should surely know the game plan after 18 months, and the others have had 8 months to study it and implement it.

The Gold Coast game was the last straw for me, I never want our coach sacked cos it means we have failed, again.

But this bloke is far from the answer we need.

I truly believe most on our list do not respect Neeld coaching ability.

Yeah, forget the quick fix like employing a proven premiership coach who demands respect and quashes all speculation.

Yep, better the long drawn out fix of recruiting dud coaches and blaming fringe players.

Go get em tiger!

Yeah, forget the quick fix like employing a proven premiership coach who demands respect and quashes all speculation.

Yep, better the long drawn out fix of recruiting dud coaches and blaming fringe players.

Go get em tiger!

You didn't reply to my response to you - what a surprise you take [censored] weak pot shots

Believe what you like tona I don't care - I hope Neeld stays until 2014 just to see wankers like you cry :)

PS: Yes i will be at the game Sunday Tona - and yes I will be [censored] off when we lose by 15 + goals

But I can see what the club is trying to achieve, we may have had to take a step backwards to get there, and yes it annoys me, but if it means building a strong club on and off field, and the club as a whole can come out of this in a better place then I am all for it.... I am not looking to place blame on people and make myself feel better because people live their lives through the fortunes of the team...

I'll be there supporting - what will you be doing Tona?

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

So will bad fixes. I think Neeld is gone, but it doesn't mean I think everything is his fault or that we will be fine and dandy once he moves on.

Agreed - Neeld will have to be a good salesman to keep his job

I think we are on the same page Straffod (am a little hungover so not taking much in haha) There are no quick fixes I agree and that's why I am happy for Neeld to keep his job until the end of the year before we make the call - We play bottom 8 sides in the 2nd half of the year - that will tell us what we need to know if he can actually take the club forward... Plus it's the professional thing to do - contracts and other factors have to be taken in to consideration and if he's 1 - 21 it makes perfect sense and the club has done the right thing by Neeld as well.

Some on here will have you believe we should have been a top 8 side in 2012 or even 2013 - truth is we starting again almost from scratch after players inherited from the Bailey era haven't worked out.. Now we here 1 & 8 or whatever it is. We are HERE (i highlight that as there is no going back so suck it up - not u strafford but muppets who want to cry will be reading this) so how do we fix it? Hard work IMO and development people don't want to hear that but toughen up princess

I don't want to be like the Tigers - a free running non tackling side who beats up on lower ranked sides (they were us in 2011 and now look at them 4 years and still don't look like a top 8 side with better players and recruitment) - sure they win a game or too but who wants to be medicore??? Some on here clearly do.........

We are a rebuilding list that has the second least amount of experience in the league. You are only suggesting it is ludicrous to compare our place with theirs because it doesn't support your argument. If you're argument re gws held substance then the gold coast shouldn't have won 4 games this season because they are an expansion team in a hostile environment, with a bunch of kids who have been thrown together via the draft.

Given the draft picks we've had over the years, and the stated intention of a 'rebuild' since about 2007, we should be well ahead of North and Richmond, both of which were on the same journey.

We're not. And that's an indictment on the club.

I love how its always "this will take time"

After 7 years of shite I'm fucken sick of waiting, especially when the performances this year are worse than last year!

Can any of you who support Neeld staying on tell me his game plan?

Can any of you tell that we will be better in 1 years time?

Have we got better from this time last year?

Those players on our list from last year should surely know the game plan after 18 months, and the others have had 8 months to study it and implement it.

The Gold Coast game was the last straw for me, I never want our coach sacked cos it means we have failed, again.

But this bloke is far from the answer we need.

I truly believe most on our list do not respect Neeld coaching ability.

What coaching ability, his record speaks for itself, Next please.