Changes for Round 4 vs. GWS

If we hadn't have kept Magner as a rookie it would have meant one of Evans or Nicholson being dellisted to free a spot on the list, which one would you like to nominate, I always find it interesting/laughable when a player players and is labelled 'limited' as was Magner then we have people pleading for his inclusion.....give Evans a game or two to get up to speed and you will be pleasantly surprised

Agree with most of this but how about I nominate Nicholson, who does not use it well enough. Evans has dash and looks promising, Nicho has had more chances but shown less.

Magner gives genuine grunt which our centre clearances show we lack. We're just not getting enough of the ball at the centre contests and Magner for one gives 100 per cent in there.

I can't see how Pederson keeps his spot this week. He obviously has talent winning Werribee's B&F last year but has done SFA in rds 1 & 3. Bring Gawn in for him. And Neeld has to tell Sylvia the only pill he has to worry about is Scully's head in knocking it off ala Grinter on Dermie in the 89 GF. Sorry if I have those details wrong. Feel free to correct me.

Can't do five changes again in my opinion

In:

Kent: Deserves a go

Gawn: Let him and Jamar both play to decides who gets the ruckman gig when Dawes is back (or see if they can play cohesively)

Strauss: Need someone who can kick down back

McKenzie/Watts/Blease: If McKenzie is fit, play him, let Watts + Blease run in the 2's; if not, give one of the other two a gig

Out:

Toumpas: Moves as fast as a Sloth, has the endurance of a Koala, and has the nerve of a deer in headlights. Not writing him off, but get him a lot fitter and a lot more composed before subjecting him and his confidence to an AFL game again.

Garland: Has been beyond hopeless

Jetta: Doesn't really do anything, and makes way for Strauss

Sellar: Make Pederson play down back.

Strauss Frawley Pederson

Terlich McDonald Bail

Kent N.Jones Grimes

Howe Clark Sylvia

Davey Gawn Byrnes

Rucks: Jamar M.Jones Viney

Bench: McKenzie Evans Trengove Tapscott

Id keep Jamar in this week. Only because Brogan is still there for GWS and Maxy cant ruck all day. Maybe drop Pederson for Gawn. Gawn can also play forward.

Toumpas needs to go back to the 2's and find some ball and confidence.

Sellar has to go.

I forgot about Jordie. he would be handy this week.

"Bogan" will not be playing for GWS... Copped 3 week holiday for his stupid "usual" charge on a player last week..

I can't see how Pederson keeps his spot this week. He obviously has talent winning Werribee's B&F last year but has done SFA in rds 1 & 3. Bring Gawn in for him. And Neeld has to tell Sylvia the only pill he has to worry about is Scully's head in knocking it off ala Grinter on Dermie in the 89 GF. Sorry if I have those details wrong. Feel free to correct me.

Why worry about Scully ???? He is as useless as the [censored] on a Boer pig at the moment...

I cant believe people want Jetta out, he is one player last week that was hard, effective but foot and didnt panick when he had the footy. Leave him down back. Even knowing we got smashed last week, i only want to see one maybe two changes, would love to drop Frawley, but that wont happen, so i guess Sellar for Gawn or Spencer. Mckenzie will most likely come in if fit Toumpas will miss for him, if not McKenzie i would like to see Blease back in.

• Like 2

Here goes. I know it looks a bit on the fence but not knowing match ups I hope the team looks something like this:

Jetta Frawley Sellar/Garland

Terlich McDonald Grimes

Trengove M.Jones Bail (inj)'Evans

Howe Watts Tapscott

Davey Clark Sylvia

Jamar Viney N.Jones

Int: Gawn, Brynes, Blease, Kent/Strauss (S)

Emerg: Dunn ? ?

Clark to become a free range FF and when out of position Watts falls back

Edited by longsuffering

Here goes. I know it looks a bit on the fence but not knowing match ups I hope the team looks something like this:

Jetta Frawley Sellar/Garland

Terlich McDonald Grimes

Trengove M.Jones Bail

Howe Watts Tapscott

Davey Clark Sylvia

Jamar Viney N.Jones

Int: Gawn, Brynes, Blease, Kent/Strauss (S)

Emerg: Dunn ? ?

Clark to become a free range FF and when out of position Watts falls back

I would much prefer to see the likes of Gawn, Blease, Kent and Strauss continue building form in the VFL than to rush them into the senior team on the back of 1 or 2 good performances.

Let the current lot have a crack at GWS and continue to build on the first half performance against WC

IN: McKenzie, Watts, Blease, Gawn

OUT: Sellar, Bail, Toumpas, Byrnes

B: Terlich Frawley Garland

HB: Watts McDonald Blease

C: Trengove McKenzie Grimes

HF: Howe Pederson Sylvia

F: Davey Clark Tapscott

Foll: Jamar N.Jones Viney

Int: Jetta, M.Jones, Evans, Gawn

Edited by H_T
Addition

HT, why would you drop Bail (who works hard) for either watts or blease (who just don't)?

Kent won't come in. After watching the VFL on teh weekend, what he does good looks really good. However, he seems to lack impact for 4 quarters. I think he needs some more development time at the VFL. But I understand why people are calling for him to be put in as he has some great raw attributes.

• Like 1

Kent won't come in. After watching the VFL on teh weekend, what he does good looks really good. However, he seems to lack impact for 4 quarters. I think he needs some more development time at the VFL. But I understand why people are calling for him to be put in as he has some great raw attributes.

On NAB form Kent was best 22. He's played one VFL game ill and played well notwithstanding plus was in the best in his next.

He'll be saying to himself "I can't get into a side getting its arse kicked by a hundred every week, WTF do I have to do".

Never mind the 'raw attributes', he's shown he can get a kick and do something with it.

There's not nearly enough of that going on.

If Neeld opts for a Dad's Army side I might tear out some hair.

Edited by CHAMP

HT, why would you drop Bail (who works hard) for either watts or blease (who just don't)?

Understand the point on working hard, his disposal leaves me gasping for breath at games timD. Blease disappointed me in round one, and I still harbour hope that he can continue the form of a goal kicking midfielder. It was either Strauss (who reportedly did play well for Casey) or Blease. I went Blease, for that reason and the fact I see a stronger version of Strauss in Terlich, who I think should play again.

On NAB form Kent was best 22. He's played one VFL game ill and played well notwithstanding plus was in the best in his next.

He'll be saying to himself "I can't get into a side getting its arse kicked by a hundred every week, WTF do I have to do".

Never mind the 'raw attributes', he's shown he can get a kick and do something with it.

There's not nearly enough of that going on.

If Neeld opts for a Dad's Army side I might tear out some hair.

One solitary game in the bests is not enough yet. He will get his chance.

Strauss killed it in the VFL, the guys a high pick thats playing well, he deserves a chance, if he cant make it this season its time to delist, especially with the rabble thats running around at the moment.

Strauss killed it in the VFL, the guys a high pick thats playing well, he deserves a chance, if he cant make it this season its time to delist, especially with the rabble thats running around at the moment.

I don't disagree that he deserves a chance, his time will come.

Agreed. Whilst he was on there he was quit impressive. If fit, Bail keeps his spot.

That said, Watts and Blease would be pretty important inclusions this week. Perfect opportunity for them to get some confidence back into their game.

I dont understand people wanting blease back in already, from what i read of the match reports he did bugger all in the scorpions games last week. If we are going to promote guys from VFL to AFL based on their name instead what they do on the field then we have no chance.

Re dropping Garland, he was given a horrible matchup and did his best under the pressure, think he did better than Frawley

Brynes tried had reasonable stats for someone having to go up the ground to get the ball. if we could get the ball down to clark quickly where brynes and Davies can scout the packs i think he will provide a much better return for effort. Against GWS he has the talent to kick a bag full, which is not something we can say about many of our players.

Gawn needs to come in so that we play two talls, one in the goal square to allow mitch some room to maneuver and roam around. Need to have more than one of our players and 3 of the opposition players in our half of the ground to get a decent score.

Understand the point on working hard, his disposal leaves me gasping for breath at games timD. Blease disappointed me in round one, and I still harbour hope that he can continue the form of a goal kicking midfielder. It was either Strauss (who reportedly did play well for Casey) or Blease. I went Blease, for that reason and the fact I see a stronger version of Strauss in Terlich, who I think should play again.

Yeah. Bail's disposal makes me cry a little too. But he runs hard and spreads well all the damn time. He is brave. He has a better tank than Blease and I think we need that more than nice disposal and the odd burst of speed. And Bail finds the ball more. I'd swap blease for byrnes.

• Like 1