Jimmy Toumpas

Philthy

If you've ever done your ankle ligaments you may have some idea of the level of discomfort, pain and running restriction. Cut the kid some slack FCS. Sometimes I wonder about some scribes on here.

Absolutely. Above the ridiculous comments that have made this thread turn to s**t, lets hope the young guy's ankle isn't badly injured and he's back on the park soon. We're behind you Jimmy.

i've torn ankle ligaments four times and that's exactly how i felt the first couple of times. the pain is excruciating. i presumed that's what he'd done.

his kicking was very nice today, but he ducked his head and pulled out of three contests. he wasn't alone though - jetta's one looked worse.

he's clearly nowhere near ready for afl.

i look at vlastuin and think how did a player like that slide so far? quick, strong, and brilliant by foot.

hopefully jimmy can show why he was a top 4 pick in time.

god knows we need him to.

Threads like this make me dislike some of our own supporter base sometimes.

This particular one makes me fear for humanity. We have culture problems and I think some of our fans can add to it. Horrificly stupid comments re his reaction.

Edited by Melb16

I also said that every body is different, and so I can't really judge how bad his injury was. Feel free to ignore that part if you want, but whatever. I stick by what I said - all of it. If you want to pull out only one bit of it and quote me on it, that's your call.

You added that in in your edit at 7.24, which was whilst I was writing my post (i.e. meaning that it wasn't in the original which I quoted).

Your original comment, before you added the second half, was rude, unfair and uncalled for, and I didn't take it out of any context. You went back and added that in, which I hope is an indication that you realised your previous post(s) were out of line.

• Like 1

Oh ffs that is ridiculous. Rolled ankle is a very loose term and we know the club is very light on when talking seriousness of injuries. Give the 18yr old kid a break.

[censored]....that is the last thing we need. Sometimes it can look just like a "twist" or "sprain" and it turns out to be a break.

There have been some ridiculous statements made in this thread about this injury - how about we all take a deep breath and await an expert opinion.

Need said in the presser he won't be troubling th stats guys for the next couple of weeks, so def 2 weeks outs then back to Casey as you wouldn't bring him back for QBW, then Melb have the bye, so two weeks out (hopefully only 2), two back at Casey then back to 1sts

You added that in in your edit at 7.24, which was whilst I was writing my post (i.e. meaning that it wasn't in the original which I quoted).

Your original comment, before you added the second half, was rude, unfair and uncalled for, and I didn't take it out of any context. You went back and added that in, which I hope is an indication that you realised your previous post(s) were out of line.

Fair enough, and yeah I did. I guess I can't blame you for not quoting something I hadn't said yet.

• Like 2

Jimmy barely played a quarter and had more tackles than half the players on our team.

That's what supporters should be taking out of his game.

• Like 10

I've done some serious injuries including breaking my patella and ripping a tendon in my leg.

Nothing was more painful than twisting my ankle during a fall down some stairs (poise is my thing).

Second most painful "initial shock" injury after breaking your big toe.

• Like 2

Some absolute idiots on here who know nothing about footy.

before getting injured Jimmy was getting to plenty of contests, he was laying tackles and hew as having a dip, He looked like he was settling in

And people are criticizing him because he got hurt????? Because he was in pain?

Some absolute morons on here i swear, and i bet they are fat tossers who never played footy or had an injury in their life

• Like 5

If you've ever done your ankle ligaments you may have some idea of the level of discomfort, pain and running restriction. Cut the kid some slack FCS. Sometimes I wonder about some scribes on here.

I have, and I just picked myself up and kept walking.

Of course, when I sobered up the next day it wasn't fun...

I have actually done pretty much exactly what Jimmy did playing soccer. I very nearly vomited it was so painful. Like him I couldn't stand on it and had to be helped off the field. Hopefully with the quality of medical treatment he has access to this will only keep him out for a few weeks, but it depends on how much damage he's done to himself.

Some absolute idiots on here who know nothing about footy.

before getting injured Jimmy was getting to plenty of contests, he was laying tackles and hew as having a dip, He looked like he was settling in

And people are criticizing him because he got hurt????? Because he was in pain?

Some absolute morons on here i swear, and i bet they are fat tossers who never played footy or had an injury in their life

Actually he wasn't doing much and was on Ellis for a while - who racked them up.

Toumpas will be one player who will benefit the most after another pre-season, he needs to work on his core strength

and upper body.

I've done some serious injuries including breaking my patella and ripping a tendon in my leg.

Nothing was more painful than twisting my ankle during a fall down some stairs (poise is my thing).

Second most painful "initial shock" injury after breaking your big toe.

Did my ankle in a marking contest as a teenager and it was nasty.

The feeling of your entire foot giving way is something I've never forgotten. 20 years later and it is still not right - I'd take a broken bone over it any day.

Naturally we would all like to see Jimmy rack up 30 possessions, take 7 bounces along the members and kick a Manassa like goal.

Realistically, he is a kid in a team lacking leadership and quality, hell, our experienced players can’t do what is expected regularly, so please give the kid some time.

What I noticed was a smart, inexperienced kid. He got to contests, he tackled and on more than one occasion he filled a hole in the Tigers forward 50.

We are a success starved club who has seemingly been rebuilding for a long time with little value from high draft picks. We all want to see results and we all want to see some high draft picks become stars. Let’s not place too high expectations too early on 18 year olds, let’s first demand it and receive it from our older experienced players and the rest will follow.

On return from injury, I would like to see Jimmy play at Casey until he has 3, 20 possession games in succession. This will provide more confidence to demand the ball when he comes back into the seniors.

Good luck Jimmy.

• Like 3

Naturally we would all like to see Jimmy rack up 30 possessions, take 7 bounces along the members and kick a Manassa like goal.

Realistically, he is a kid in a team lacking leadership and quality, hell, our experienced players can’t do what is expected regularly, so please give the kid some time.

What I noticed was a smart, inexperienced kid. He got to contests, he tackled and on more than one occasion he filled a hole in the Tigers forward 50.

We are a success starved club who has seemingly been rebuilding for a long time with little value from high draft picks. We all want to see results and we all want to see some high draft picks become stars. Let’s not place too high expectations too early on 18 year olds, let’s first demand it and receive it from our older experienced players and the rest will follow.

On return from injury, I would like to see Jimmy play at Casey until he has 3, 20 possession games in succession. This will provide more confidence to demand the ball when he comes back into the seniors.

Good luck Jimmy.

I would prefer to see Jimmy take his bounces around the Southern Stand wing. We play the members side of the ground far too often.

• Like 2

I saw a bit of that too.

I also saw him really struggle to place himself in the zone a few times when we had them hammed inside their defensive 50 switching play meaninglessly, but that's to be expected, really, in your fourth game.

I saw a lot more from Toumpas than in his previous games, but he still has a lot of learning to do.

Sadly people expect too much of first year players that are highly drafted. He'll be ok down the track.

I saw a bit of that too.

I also saw him really struggle to place himself in the zone a few times when we had them hammed inside their defensive 50 switching play meaninglessly, but that's to be expected, really, in your fourth game.

I saw a lot more from Toumpas than in his previous games, but he still has a lot of learning to do.

• Like 1

wow, if that is how Toumpas acted over a rolled ankle, I would hate to see him have a real injury...

You are a dead set hero. Congratulations. As a doctor, you would know all about the ligaments and how they work? You'd know about previous injuries the kids had too? Get a life hero.

Geez Jimmy Toumpas has nice kicking skills though, him and watts settling in for the second half of the year isn't going to hurt us in this respect, everyone here is well aware that we are crying out for good users of the ball to set a standard for the other boys.

• Like 2

Geez Jimmy Toumpas has nice kicking skills though, him and watts settling in for the second half of the year isn't going to hurt us in this respect, everyone here is well aware that we are crying out for good users of the ball to set a standard for the other boys.

Way too much logic and common sense for this thread, Demonfan26. ;)

• Like 1

You are a dead set hero. Congratulations. As a doctor, you would know all about the ligaments and how they work? You'd know about previous injuries the kids had too? Get a life hero.

Thank you & keep up the good work :)

• Like 1