Sue Dunn

DeeZee

But the issue here isn't Dunn. He is a terrible player and we all know that. But he didn't play on Saturday so obviously the issues apply to everyone on the list not just Dunn.

He is not a terrible player Jaded. Certainly the equal of Petterd and he's (Petterd) about to make us look silly...and good luck to him. That is a huge call and IMO a poor one. He's a player who has been played out of position time and time again and, probably like others wondering where he fits in.

Edited by Return to Glory

With a bit of luck Dunn will be chopped at years end.

If the club clears out players like Dunn we'll be far better off.

He's the classic "training the house down player" Apply the blowtorch and gone!

• Like 2

Roost it, 'players like Dunn' are in every club and thrive or struggle according to the environment.

Soft puncher jumpers don't thrive in finals. Simple as that

• Like 1

So that's your summary of his career? Geeeezz

No my summary is this

Average AFL level player who plays tough by punching jumpers. Has yet to go when it's his turn. Not needed. Move on

I heard it on the sunday footy show and she got quite emotional. for a players mother to get to that stage and say the people upstairs need to go then something is seriously going wrong. Schwab needs to go asap! the guy is cancer to this club and every other club he has been at just ask Freo supporters!

........and Caro?????

No my summary is this

Average AFL level player who plays tough by punching jumpers. Has yet to go when it's his turn. Not needed. Move on

No, your initial summary was terrible player. By your fourth post he'll be Brownlow favourite.

Change the Culture Immediately.

Ban Kids talking to mums.

Maybe get cloned GM kids who haven't needed mums?!

I personally know Sue Dunn. She actually has had a fall out with her son & has not spoken with him for a couple of years. You have all only heard part of her conversation in which I was listening to at the time, she actually spoke for about 6-7 minutes, not what they have cut & braodcast. THIS is not about her son at all, and hence because of their lack of conversation he would not have known about it, until yesterday like most. She actually barracks for another team and has done since childhood. Quite obviously since her son has played for the Dees (whom I happen to follow), she has had an interest in the Dees. I know as fact that Lynden does not talk about Football with her as I (in their talking days) have quizzed her about my Dees quite often (hoping for some inside info).

Her passion is about since 2004, the fact that there has been 3-4 coaches with tanking in these years, wanting the draft picks and misusing these kids to achieve our ultimate glory. Obviously to even be picked as a draftee you have to have talent to achieve AFL status.......so what has happened to all of our hopefuls....played to early? not played? out of postion? no seniors? (they have all gone to other clubs) no solid structure? No.1 Jack Watts, doesn't know if his arse is pointing up or down. All of these guys had potential, they have just been drafted to the wrong club......Melbourne. How come Pettard is getting a run in another club? Jarrod Rivers? Kyle Cheney? Bruce? Miller? Martin? Moloney?......didn't everyone agree they were all washed up???

Sue does sit with the Cheersquad and has made many friends, and I have watched her barrack & be as passionate as our longest supporters. (not bad for a mother- especially one who only watches her son through love and not "why?" and has no communication with him)

This is about the players, who have been demoralised years ago, physcologically, physcially. This is about accountability, whose responsible. Our hierarchy, thats who, way back in 2008-2012. When Brock McClean squeeled & finally lifted the lid on our club, our performance all makes sense. IThe orders came from the top! Instead of attacking her or Dunny, how about you all feel the pain too?

• Like 3

I personally know Sue Dunn. She actually has had a fall out with her son & has not spoken with him for a couple of years. You have all only heard part of her conversation in which I was listening to at the time, she actually spoke for about 6-7 minutes, not what they have cut & braodcast. THIS is not about her son at all, and hence because of their lack of conversation he would not have known about it, until yesterday like most. She actually barracks for another team and has done since childhood. Quite obviously since her son has played for the Dees (whom I happen to follow), she has had an interest in the Dees. I know as fact that Lynden does not talk about Football with her as I (in their talking days) have quizzed her about my Dees quite often (hoping for some inside info).

Her passion is about since 2004, the fact that there has been 3-4 coaches with tanking in these years, wanting the draft picks and misusing these kids to achieve our ultimate glory. Obviously to even be picked as a draftee you have to have talent to achieve AFL status.......so what has happened to all of our hopefuls....played to early? not played? out of postion? no seniors? (they have all gone to other clubs) no solid structure? No.1 Jack Watts, doesn't know if his arse is pointing up or down. All of these guys had potential, they have just been drafted to the wrong club......Melbourne. How come Pettard is getting a run in another club? Jarrod Rivers? Kyle Cheney? Bruce? Miller? Martin? Moloney?......didn't everyone agree they were all washed up???

Sue does sit with the Cheersquad and has made many friends, and I have watched her barrack & be as passionate as our longest supporters. (not bad for a mother- especially one who only watches her son through love and not "why?" and has no communication with him)

This is about the players, who have been demoralised years ago, physcologically, physcially. This is about accountability, whose responsible. Our hierarchy, thats who, way back in 2008-2012. When Brock McClean squeeled & finally lifted the lid on our club, our performance all makes sense. IThe orders came from the top! Instead of attacking her or Dunny, how about you all feel the pain too?

Too easy for posters to say ' no good'. It's a flippancy based on lack of compassion and knowledge. But hey, it's a forum.

Thanks Moonee star explaims alot.

What Lloyd failed to mention that around that time Jordie pulled out with a calf strain. There goes our number 1 tagger.

So there's a subtext to the story that's about a mother's relationship with her son. These stories are often tragic and perhaps this was Sue Dunn's cry for help?

I feel for her and hope they can reconcile but its their business in the end.

And I think it's great that despite the rift she still comes to watch her son play but if she really wants to do the right thing by Lynden she should refrain from commenting about anything to do with the club because her actions might hurt or affect him. That's just how football is, especially when you allow yourself to come under the gaze of the media.

• Like 1

Yes 186 showed real support for the coach

Junior McDonald owned the sheds. I don't think he had a lot of time for Bailey at the end - the decision to cut him one year early was a disaster.

That said, I don't believe he has any time for Schwab either. Wants to come back to the club in some capacity in the future - loves the MFC - but apparently will not return whilst Schwab is at the helm.

• Like 1

Junior McDonald owned the sheds. I don't think he had a lot of time for Bailey at the end - the decision to cut him one year early was a disaster.

That said, I don't believe he has any time for Schwab either. Wants to come back to the club in some capacity in the future - loves the MFC - but apparently will not return whilst Schwab is at the helm.

If Junior won't come back to the MFC until CS is gone, then CS must go. Really simple

• Like 2

I have been saying their has to be something going on with the playing group. I don't know what it is but there is something. For a mother of a player to get on radio and say the hierarchy should be shot confirms to me that the players aren't happy about something. Meanwhile we suffer.

Sounds like July 2011, nothing's changed - well some things have but clearly not enough has wink wink.