OUR CLUB NEEDS UNITY - Support the club - Rally at our open training session - Friday 12th April - 9:45am - Gosch's Paddock

Wizza

You can call us a "family" waynewussell but it was The Demon Army that brought the flags, floggers, patties, Big Heads & chants to the ground. We are a family - a devoted red & blue family - and you can find us behind the goals each week. I'm glad we were on the same page as Demonlanders when we hatched this idea before we left the ground last Saturday night. Now we all need to turn up at the G tomorrow. Demon Army will be there!

The idea about today was Unity, so therefore to individualise would be wrong, I am at the ground two and a half hours before the game handing out scarves and I was at training the week before trying to show the boys we care, appreciate what you are saying but today I identified myself as a Melbourne supporter nothing more nothing less, see you at the game tomorrow

Well, positive publicity on both Ch9 and Ch7 news. That is not only a good story for the MFC, the AFL will be breathing a sigh of relief as well. My 200 friends, you have achieved something that money can't buy. You have restored the vision of LaTrobe, Wills & Harrison when they formed the rules of this great game or thought that Gosch's Paddock would be a good place for people to recreate!

• Like 2

And I think this, though a repost, is why we were there in body or spirit

Passionate support - that's what the boys need...

Thanks Frankie, loved it, great memories there and hopefully a glimpse of what we will return to

congratulations and many thanks for those who organised today attendance and all of those he attended and cheered on our team. When all is going to hell a small things like supporters turning up and cheering instead of jeering would mean a lot to these guys. again well done all.

wizza , waynewussell , i tip my hat to you blokes. wizza, that was a fantastic idea and credit to you also wayne to help wizza make it happen. the media coverage, the show of support, it was ashow of strength and support for the club and the players. the players can hopefully feed of this when they are digging deep tomorrow.

and a big thank you to all of the supporters who turned up today. the effect cant be underestimated.

nice one guys!

• Like 2

Nathan Jones - “The support we got during the week – we felt a little bit isolated, particularly after last week and after a really poor effort by us,” he said.

“It was a pretty dark time, particularly for a player to lose by 25 goals, but I was really proud of the group to bounce back and I was proud of the support that the footy club showed."

Ok... Are we done and dusted or do you want to go again?

The players were suprised by the turnout and support shown last Friday. It had an effect!

We could shut up shop and say "we did everything we could to turn this club around" OR we could do it all again, except even bigger.

We created a little ripple in the press/media. They noticed... they wrote positive stuff about us.

It would take a bigger noise to move the team and the Club forward from here, but we do have the power to make it happen. It would only take 500 members to turn up to training to create change in the way the players perform. Don't say "it isn't possible"... It is possible but do you have the energy and commitment to make it happen?

I will wait for feedback.

• Like 1

I can't speak for anyone else, but school holidays may have helped the turnout.

Not trying to rain on any parades, but don't want expectations to be unfairly risen.

I for one won't be able to make any more trainings due to work now that school is back.

from the AFL website...

The support that has also come from the red and blue faithful wasn’t lost on Neeld either.

He was genuinely heartened by the show of strength from the Melbourne fans who turned up to the club’s Friday training session at Gosch’s Paddock. It was clear that this was also another ‘little win’ for Neeld.

“At training, my hat goes off to the 400 Melbourne supporters who turned up. I must admit, I had a bit of a flutter in my heart when I walked out with Craigy and saw the people there. I said ‘Oh wow, there’s two ways this is going to go’. And then I heard them singing the club song,” he said.

“We’re finding out now that we might not be able to compare with some of the big clubs, in terms of volume and pure number of supporters, but the ones we’ve got - I reckon they understand what the word support means.

• Like 1

Wizza , Waynewussell

Thanks guys for your effort

and to all those who could manage to turn up.

Each and everyone of you deserve a big thanks for representing those of us who couldn't be there .

Though we were there with you in both spirit and heart .

All of us want to see our club do well. Its from little things like this that big things can grow.

I want them to win this week not for our sake but for theirs .

Confidence is a fragile thing .

Success makes it grow Failure only weakens it further

You two succeeded even better than you hoped, you showed them how to succeed!

Last week saw a turn around of sorts.

Lets ensure that this week it is about success.

But together we will face what next week throws at us.

Especially if we stay together as a family and a club united.

Last week's effort was a great idea well executed. But it can be embarrassing when there's a call for support - whether it's a protest, a petition or a rally of support - and the numbers are low. I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead. By all means, though, anyone who can go to training should do so as the players seem to respond positively. But I'd suggest not trying to generate another "organised show of support" for fear of negative publicity if the turnout is low.

• Like 1