Mark Neeld on sunrise tomorrow

dees189227

Nup. You must have missed it. Garry tamped down a rumour right at the start of the show. The word "rumour" was used.

Ignoring it doesn't make it not so.

I stand by my account, and yes, it was at the start of the show.

Making it up does not make it so ;)

I agree with a couple of your points however there are a few I cannot accept

How could we be worse than 2012 and Last Sunday?

Crowds and membership are crap now

That will happen if we don't start winning games and right now we don't look like fixing the problem any time soon, if we changed coaches I find it hard to believe we could win less games than current.

The media have been circling us for five years, nothing new there.

Changing coaches would be far from a good look.

But we look Irrelevant now I struggle with how we could look worse.

a New coach means a new game plan.... We haven't got the time for a new game plan.... We need wins now....

The AFL would love to relocate us to Tassie or Darwin or even merge us with another poor team..... Spreading the code... It's all about plastic now.... Gone are the days you could buy a steal car....

Ahh forget it, we're finished....

• Like 1

a New coach means a new game plan.... We haven't got the time for a new game plan.... We need wins now....

The AFL would love to relocate us to Tassie or Darwin or even merge us with another poor team..... Spreading the code... It's all about plastic now.... Gone are the days you could buy a steal car....

Ahh forget it, we're finished....

Gee tatu you make me look like the supreme optimist.

• Like 1

lol

Who would go on Sunrise and announce anything?

Obligatory media spots with used cliches.

That is almost a haiku...

D U M B

I didnt watch but ill take a stab

The boys were very disheartened

We didnt see it coming after an improved preseason

All the indicators and pre season form (sic) predicted a more competitive effort.

We just have to learn from these disappointments and move on

The boys did some soul searching and know they have to lift for the team, the club and the frustrated and weary supporters.

Stick with us we are on the right track. Improvement will come.

Its football and we can only play the opposition that fronts witb our best 22. Its one week at a time !!

Close ???? Lol

• Like 3

lol

Who would go on Sunrise and announce anything?

Obligatory media spots with used cliches.

That is almost a haiku...

I think a third line is needed in structuring a haiku.

Something like ...

Who would go on Sunrise to announce anything?

Obligatory media spots with used cliches

The Moneyball effect

You may have stumbled upon a new weekly thread compeition RPFC.

• Like 3

I think a third line is needed in structuring a haiku.

Something like ...

Who would go on Sunrise to announce anything?

Obligatory media spots with used cliches

The Moneyball effect

You may have stumbled upon a new weekly thread compeition RPFC.

As long as noone uses the M word again.

Seriously, a throw away line from Neeld and our whole off-season strategy is seen in a light that is completely unfair.

I know that is off-topic but it is annoying.

Pickering, mentioned the M word and said that we got all these older blokes and not good, young kids as if Pick 88 (Rodan through getting rid of Morton), Gysberts (Pedersen), Pick 54 (Matt Jones), Pick 90ish (Gillies), and Pick 100ish (Byrnes) will amount to anything.

And that is without mentioning those spots were created by moving on underperfomers that won't be around we are decent - his reason for saying we shouldn't have given Pick 12 for Clark...

I swear he said that last bit...

• Like 1

Seriously, a throw away line from Neeld and our whole off-season strategy is seen in a light that is completely unfair.

Pickering, mentioned the M word and said that we got all these older blokes and not good, young kids as if Pick 88 (Rodan through getting rid of Morton), Gysberts (Pedersen), Pick 54 (Matt Jones), Pick 90ish (Gillies), and Pick 100ish (Byrnes) will amount to anything.

And that is without mentioning those spots were created by moving on underperfomers that won't be around we are decent - his reason for saying we shouldn't have given Pick 12 for Clark...

Yep.

The reporting of our older recruits and trades has been superficial at best, frighteningly shallow at worst. The media has been either dumb, or malicious (or both).

Beretta..... or spudgun ?? ;)

So no one watched sunrise.

Hardly a shock.

The reason Neeld brought in these mature age recruits is to promote competitiveness for spots in the team. Most of our young guys have come in and not had to compete for a spot, therefore their actual competitiveness in games is lacking.

By creating more competition for spots this will lead to players competing better in games. Any journalist who doesn't get this should probably consider a career change because it is pretty clear.

This problem stems from the last FD prematurely moving on certain players which was a terrible mistake. We needed guys like McDonald, Miller and Bruce (left us but really we could've given him two years he was a great servant). These guys should have been leading the young charges.

I agree with Neeld's policy on this as it is clear to see the leadership void we have. And if a Byrnes or Rodan can improve the young players leadership then the recruitmen of them would be a great success in my eyes.

• Like 2

That's what i don't like about Garry Lyons' media role. Happy to air this scuttlebutt whilst playing kingmaker in his spare time.

Denies that he's in strife, but happy to announce on Classified that no one in the footy department at Melbourne can walk away from the fact that Black Easter Sunday was a pitiful introduction to 2013, not to mention embarrassing and that it's up to Neeld to get the players up and turn it around.

The reason Neeld brought in these mature age recruits is to promote competitiveness for spots in the team. Most of our young guys have come in and not had to compete for a spot, therefore their actual competitiveness in games is lacking.

By creating more competition for spots this will lead to players competing better in games. Any journalist who doesn't get this should probably consider a career change because it is pretty clear.

This problem stems from the last FD prematurely moving on certain players which was a terrible mistake. We needed guys like McDonald, Miller and Bruce (left us but really we could've given him two years he was a great servant). These guys should have been leading the young charges.

I agree with Neeld's policy on this as it is clear to see the leadership void we have. And if a Byrnes or Rodan can improve the young players leadership then the recruitmen of them would be a great success in my eyes.

I think we all understand the basic idea But if the players bought in cannot justify their position in the side then we have achieved nothing.

The media people I have heard are suggesting that the idea is not wrong but the players selected are poor choices.

IF last Sunday is the level of their contribution during a real game we might as well play kids.

Now I know it was one game but the players picked looked very ordinary.

• Like 1

Denies that he's in strife, but happy to announce on Classified that no one in the footy department at Melbourne can walk away from the fact that Black Easter Sunday was a pitiful introduction to 2013, not to mention embarrassing and that it's up to Neeld to get the players up and turn it around.

I cannot see what is wrong with this position.

Would be my expectation.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

Agree with most of what you say 'rpfc', but I think a lot of the heat is being felt on the Dawes trade. I sure hope it works out.

Agree with most of what you say 'rpfc', but I think a lot of the heat is being felt on the Dawes trade. I sure hope it works out.

No-one knows how that trade will turn out.

What I will say is that for Pick 13 was used to get Hogan and Barry and in that draft we also got Toumpas and Viney. While getting Hogan and Barry that Pick 13 turned into Pick 20 and we then used that Pick to get a 24 year old FF, who despite the best efforts of a few Collingwood and Melbourne supporters who vehemently deny it played a role in his former club winning a flag.

My issue is not with those supporters, or with people who say he might not be worth the price tag - my problem is with 'journalists' (and I wonder what Pickering would be in this instance as he is also an agent) saying we gave up too much for Dawes when we need talented youth without saying that not two days before that trade we secured Viney, Hogan, and Barry and then selected Toumpas with the fourth pick in the draft.

It's obsfucation and equivocation used by people who have a preconcieved point and the truth does not help them prove it.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

The Dawes trade was effectively.

Picks 3, 13 & 45 for

Hogan, Dawes & Barry.

Then you can even speculate that other things were at play allowing Toumpas to slip to 4 and Viney to 27.

Simply saying we paid overs for Dawes is a vert broad and not well thought out statement.

• Like 2