Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

The defensive zone Neeld insists the players implement seems to be one of the easiest to bypass in recent memory. Do you think Neeld will eventually concede this tactic isn't working or do you think he will dogmatically persist with it until his eventual sacking?

• Like 1

I might be wrong but i think a lot of people have a inflated idea of what a 6 month interim but full-time ceo can achieve

he walks into a strange (and i emphasise strange) new club cold

as well as managing the club he is to do an in-depth review of the club and suggest major changes

he is to report to both the board and the afl

there is no outgoing ceo to do an in-depth handover

he has to help find his successor

the andrews report will be ancient history as many of the big-knobs from that era are gone or doing different jobs (but no doubt will make interesting reading anyway)

All of this is supposition because i can't find any club or afl statements spelling this out

I'm sure he will do some sort of review but i can't see it as being as extensive and in-depth as some would wish

Whats the point of hiring him then?? What do you know about what can be achieved in 6 months?

I guess I expected too much from a CEO - Silly me assuming that they'd use their expertise to analyse the club;s position, evalute preformance and make recommendations

i think you need to read up on who Peter Jackson is, what he does for a living and who his connections are

Edited by Unleash Hell

Jackson the 'saviour.'

Didn't the same guy anoint Matthew Knights as the best appointment ever?

Some would also argue Knights laid the foundations for Dank and hird's current list as well - I do agree though Jumbo, Knights was a good reason to laugh at Essenscum for those two years

Jackson is a pretty good choice for intrim CEO IMO

Maybe you can enlighten me why he isn't Jumbo

PS: even look at that situation - look how long it's taken Hird to turn Essenscum into a real contender - if Neeld is our Knights then we are still at least 3 years away from any sort of real success.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

Whats the point of hiring him then??

I guess I expected too much from a CEO - Silly me assuming that they'd use their expertise to analyse the club;s position, evalute preformance and make recommendations

i think you need to read up on who Peter Jackson is, what he does for a living and who his connections are

UH we are only really disagreeing/differing on degrees. Of course he will review and report, all ceo's do this continually. I only caution on expectations.

If neeld goes mid season i expect it will be more a board decision than a jackson decision

I think part of the reason we went for an interim ceo was to give the club some time to extensively search for the best guy (or gal?) as a permanent appointment

If there was a ready made top applicant available now we would surely have gone for him.

6 months is not a lot of time especially mid season and takes us to the end of season when more potential applicants might become more available.

Some would also argue Knights laid the foundations for Dank and hird's current list as well - I do agree though Jumbo, Knights was a good reason to laugh at Essenscum for those two years

Jackson is a pretty good choice for intrim CEO IMO

Maybe you can enlighten me why he isn't Jumbo

PS: even look at that situation - look how long it's taken Hird to turn Essenscum into a real contender - if Neeld is our Knights then we are still at least 3 years away from any sort of real success.

Nothing to enlighten UH - just concerned about credentials and being anointed the chosen one.

At least, at a minimum, 3 years away from being super competitive.

Changing coaches will not work.

• Like 1

Nothing to enlighten UH - just concerned about credentials and being anointed the chosen one.

BS!

We simply have no choice. Neeld was the wrong coach and a terrible coach. It's embarrassing! We must move on him NOW! Everyday he remains reduces our chances of regaining our mojo this season and thus retaining our better players seasons end.

I beg the board. My knees are on the ground. Please accept the failure, accept the poor decision in coach and rid us of this spud TODAY. The club can't start healing until this is done!

• Like 1

Just re-quoting, in the admittedly probably futile attempt that perhaps through repetition it might start to sink in.

We are 3 years away from being decent, and changing coaches will do nothing to that.

The fact that Moloney managed 35 possessions yesterday says nothing about Neeld, but everything about the players he played against.

• Like 1

UH we are only really disagreeing/differing on degrees. Of course he will review and report, all ceo's do this continually. I only caution on expectations.

If neeld goes mid season i expect it will be more a board decision than a jackson decision

I think part of the reason we went for an interim ceo was to give the club some time to extensively search for the best guy (or gal?) as a permanent appointment

If there was a ready made top applicant available now we would surely have gone for him.

6 months is not a lot of time especially mid season and takes us to the end of season when more potential applicants might become more available.

Agree with what you say lads, I think Jackson is pretty qualified for the task though - I don't know if he has the time required to achieve anything (you could be right daisycutter)

I just hope for some good to come form all of this and the right people can be installed or left to do their jobs properly

PS - is the appointment limited to 6 months or is it just a six months contract? You'd think it would be extended if necessary?

Edited by Unleash Hell

Agree with what you say lads, I think Jackson is pretty qualified for the task though - I don't know if he has the time required to achieve anything (you could be right daisycutter)

I just hope for some good to come form all of this and the right people can be installed or left to do their jobs properly

PS - is the appointment limited to 6 months or is it just a six months contract? You'd think it would be extended if necessary?

This will probably be the AFL's call?

Not sure.

Only Melbourne could turn a b & F winner into a hack, let him go and have him spank us completely the next time he plays us. Neeld should be feeling a little uneasy

• Like 1

He didn't want to stay.

He wouldn't comply.

Things happen.

He wanted to stay at the club he loved all his life

Neeld dumped him, dropped him, green vested him and shamed him

Neeld is what happened

• Like 5

Neeld is what happened

Spot on D - some people just don't want to accept what is staring them in the face!

Neeld is what happened

So Neeld should have accepted his lazy attitude, his poor performances where he would go missing when most needed, his lack of leadership and very open berating/humiliating of young upcoming players just because he loved the club? Maybe we should have kept Morton as well... after all, he was a nice guy.
  • Like 3

Mark Thompson, 2006. After SIX YEARS in charge of his team, they miss the finals and suffer losses of 52, 102, 92, and 61 points (the latter at the hands of the lowly Hawks, no less!). I imagine you blokes - had you been Cats supporters - would have been highly vocal in your support of him, given your surety that he was on the cusp of building the greatest team of the modern era.

Oh wait.

FINALLY! A sane person with a sane post.

tumblr_mc8qv8B5fd1r9j9w1.gif

So Neeld should have accepted his lazy attitude, his poor performances where he would go missing when most needed, his lack of leadership and very open berating/humiliating of young upcoming players just because he loved the club? Maybe we should have kept Morton as well... after all, he was a nice guy.

FINALLY! A sane person with a sane post.

tumblr_mc8qv8B5fd1r9j9w1.gif

Just keep burying your heads and producing rubbish - the tide is turning - MN will go, it's just a question of how much damage he will be allowed to cause before the door closes!

• Like 1

The interim CEO Jackson was appointed after the club spoke to the AFL. Be under no illusion the first person to read Jackson's report will be Andrew Demetriou as he assesses just how big a basket case MFC is. Remember Vlad stated that he thought MFC had chosen wisely in appointing an interim CEO of Jackson's stature after the club asked the AFL for assistance.

The AFL are concerned for the club and competition, and despite what people want, rebuilding again was dumb and very poor strategy. The majority of the supporter base have had enough and Don knows it. The club has gone from declaring that Neeld would take this group forward and make them tougher they never dreamed that we would go so far backwards so quickly. Quote from Neeld "I didn't see it coming"

The board may have given Neeld a 3 year mandate but I doubt the AFL will. Another disastrous season and bottom 2 finish this year will have the AFL wanting some action, as Vlad has said they cannot afford to have MFC fall behind the expansion clubs. The MFC brand is being trashed and that perception has to change, so heads will roll and it is usually the coaches that goes first.

• Like 1

Zorko and Moloney rolled around today virtually unchecked.

If you think otherwise, good on you.

Moloney had 36.

Zorko had 29, kicked 3 and had 7 scoring shots.

McKenzie laid a massive 2 tackles.

That says it all for me.

Before this game i thought with Rich, Black and Hanley out, if we put a really hard tag on Moloney we could win the game.

But i could hardly see anyone putting defensive pressure on Beamer at all.

From the first bounce i said to my son we have to stop Moloney.

As the game wore on and he was just getting possesions at will i was tearing my hair out, and couldnt understand why no one was tagging him hard.

Mckenzie having only two tackles says t all.

I just dont get it? Am i a better coach than Neeld?

• Like 1

The interim CEO Jackson was appointed after the club spoke to the AFL. Be under no illusion the first person to read Jackson's report will be Andrew Demetriou as he assesses just how big a basket case MFC is. Remember Vlad stated that he thought MFC had chosen wisely in appointing an interim CEO of Jackson's stature after the club asked the AFL for assistance.

The AFL are concerned for the club and competition, and despite what people want, rebuilding again was dumb and very poor strategy. The majority of the supporter base have had enough and Don knows it. The club has gone from declaring that Neeld would take this group forward and make them tougher they never dreamed that we would go so far backwards so quickly. Quote from Neeld "I didn't see it coming"

The board may have given Neeld a 3 year mandate but I doubt the AFL will. Another disastrous season and bottom 2 finish this year will have the AFL wanting some action, as Vlad has said they cannot afford to have MFC fall behind the expansion clubs. The MFC brand is being trashed and that perception has to change, so heads will roll and it is usually the coaches that goes first.

That's a pretty good summation 'Older demon'. Personally, I think everyone will have had enough by mid-year - it's a case of limit the damage as quickly as possible.

• Like 4

Just keep burying your heads and producing rubbish - the tide is turning - MN will go, it's just a question of how much damage he will be allowed to cause before the door closes!

G'day!

061549-mark-thompson.jpg

It was a great idea by Neeld to let Zorko and Moloney run around virtually unchecked today.

It really worked for him, well coached Mark.

Frighteningly, I have to agree with 316 here ( acknowledging that generally you're as mad as a cut snake). Zorko,in particular seemed to run around unchecked in the second half. Found it a little frustrating that a move wasn't made.