A Calendar of Incompetency - Patrick Smith

Range Rover

I think the first thing they should do is release the Andrews Report to see if it sheds any light on the situation; if it doesnt then commission another report and if the result of that is the sacking, or moving on of certain people then so be it.

Questions have to be asked of all at the club, and the first is do you think you are the right person for the job you are in, if so why?

The club should call Neeld in and ask them why he should be allowed to continue to coach, and what he is going to do differently next week, as it appears as if his tactics and plan are an abysmal failure.

I also believe that the supporters would rather have the side attack and try to win games instead of ultra defence that is designed to limit our losses, and doesn't work anyway.

Most of us can't take much more of this and we are now just a joke and we are on a very slippery slope.

• Like 4

I have defended a lot of people at the club since 2008. But i can't do it anymore.

There is no SOUL in the club at the moment. Did Jimmy take it?

Junior McDonald? Who can tell but its gone

Players uninterested, Supporters venting at the game en masse because we can see the soulless mess in front of us.

It could get very nasty all through the club this year

Watching the Hawks & Cats play yesterday made me very angry.

There is no excuse for not attacking the ball & running for your team mates.

Jack Viney did it.

• Like 2

The statement that we've had 5 coaches since 2006 is true, but slightly misleading.

It sounds like we hire a new coach almost every year.

It includes the last of Daniher's 10 years,and Riley's few games as caetaker coach, then Viney's few games in that role after we'd given Dean Bailey a "fair go".I don't think rapid coach turnover is a factor in our poor performances.

Perhaps poor choice of coaches is more a factor, and similarly, poor draft choices.

He is just repeating old lines.........what is new?...........he has not been near the Club so he would have no idea..........but some posters on this board will take it as the truth......

13th or lower since 2006. 32 wins and 101 losses.

That's the truth and there's no getting around it.

There's no more bleating left to be done. The scoreboard does not lie.

There is a huge difference between a Greg Denham/Caroline Wilson article and this. This is just reading the scoreboard back. No vitriol. No gloating. No schadenfreude. It's just the truth. I couldn't agree more.

He is just repeating old lines.........what is new?...........he has not been near the Club so he would have no idea..........but some posters on this board will take it as the truth......

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to work out we are the joke of the league satriconhome.

His statts are almost 100% correct.

the only truth that matters is results and we don't have any.

In the end the buck stops at the top.

After six years it is time!

End of story

• Like 1

A couple of things aren't entirely fair but on the whole it sums up the state of the club quite accurately. Normally I'd defend the club against articles like this. I no longer can.

The question now is what do we do about it. Some prefer to think it's all being blown out of proportion, even after 6 years of failure. Amazing, though fortunately only a handful seem to think everything is hunky dory. We can't sit by and watch this club die. I feel that is what is currently happening. Without dramatic turn around, individuals must be held accountable and parted with, and the fans have a role to play in calling for that.

There are about 15 topics on this board at the moment all basically saying the same thing, do we need another one, as you know I am one of the more moderate posters on here, who only gets disappointed when we don't have a crack, the players that is, so on Sunday I wasnt disappointed I was bloody angry

But Cam Schwab either has people who love him or hate him, this bloke is probably in the latter, Cam Scwab didn't play or kick a ball on Sunday

The only thing wrong with the Club at the moment is the players have been down for so long as a playing group they have forgotten what up is.....Neeld if he can, needs to change that.....everything else is in place.......we just need the players to realise that they can win

All the hand wringing and blaming does nobody any good, do what I did, express your feelings to the Club via twitter or an email and then move on

I'll be there on Saturday night hoping the players can turn it around

But in the meantime everbody at the Club will have to wear articles like this, I don't agree with it but that is my right, if you want to agree that is your right but don't criticise those who don't

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

The stuff about we're 15% off elite fitness levels and the spiel about learning game structures is just so much nonsense. We are in a negative feedback loop and each year of failure makes it one year harder to get back. We are not getting closer to success we are getting further away from it.

Gazza needs to do an Eddie and stop wanting to be the likeable funnyman on television. If he won't do this, he needs to let some outside-the-club energy re-energise the club. Just like Barassi did with Carlton and North. Would either of those clubs have revived and won multiple premierships without his drive? Maybe but by no means a certainty.

The AFL's equalisation means we are being artificially kept alive. the players know this, everyone knows this. Without equalisation we may have gone to the wall, we may also have drawn upon the desperation of the supporters and the real soul of the club to find an answer. The draft and salary caps are killing us with kindness.

• Like 2

There are about 15 topics on this board at the moment all basically saying the same thing, do we need another one, as you know I am one of the more moderate posters on here, who only gets disappointed when we don't have a crack, the players that is, so on Sunday I wasnt disappointed I was bloody angry

But Cam Schwab either has people who love him or hate him, this bloke is probably in the latter, Cam Scwab didn't play or kick a ball on Sunday

The only thing wrong with the Club at the moment is the players have been down for so long as a playing group they have forgotten what up is.....Neeld if he can needs to change that.....everything else is in place.......we just need the players to realise that they can win

In their current state and with the current coach I'm begining to believe they can't.

BTW that seems to be the general consensus and maybe that's going to be an ongoing problem for the club; there is a lot of hate out there for Schwab and it seems to generate so much negativity, it's killing us.

Edited by RobbieF

The stuff about we're 15% off elite fitness levels and the spiel about learning game structures is just so much nonsense. We are in a negative feedback loop and each year of failure makes it one year harder to get back. We are not getting closer to success we are getting further away from it.

Gazza needs to do an Eddie and stop wanting to be the likeable funnyman on television. If he won't do this, he needs to let some outside-the-club energy re-energise the club. Just like Barassi did with Carlton and North. Would either of those clubs have revived and won multiple premierships without his drive? Maybe but by no means a certainty.

The AFL's equalisation means we are being artificially kept alive. the players know this, everyone knows this. Without equalisation we may have gone to the wall, we may also have drawn upon the desperation of the supporters and the real soul of the club to find an answer. The draft and salary caps are killing us with kindness.

This is all about the Players union.

how can they possibly support the fact that the MFC have to pay 95% of what Collingwood, Hawthorn, and Geelong pay.

Our lot is worth about 50%.

Of course this is silly but why should we be paying more than 80%?

• Like 2

In their current state and with the current coach I'm begining to believe they can't.

BTW that seems to be the general consensus and maybe that's going to be an ongoing problem for the club; there is a lot of hate out there for Schwab and it seems to generate so much negativity, it's killing us.

There is a lot of hate by MFC supporters for the Media and with a lot of good reason.

However they cannot all be incompetent fools.

They cannot all be wrong.

Perhaps it is time for Change.

We need an Eddie to lead the Charge

IMO DM and CS give me zero confidence

• Like 3

The statement that we've had 5 coaches since 2006 is true, but slightly misleading.

It sounds like we hire a new coach almost every year.

It includes the last of Daniher's 10 years,and Riley's few games as caetaker coach, then Viney's few games in that role after we'd given Dean Bailey a "fair go".I don't think rapid coach turnover is a factor in our poor performances.

Perhaps poor choice of coaches is more a factor, and similarly, poor draft choices.

It is but often when a caretaker is put in place a club has a run of wins or better performance after the shackles have been taken off. Our performances under Viney were still sub standard, can't remember what happened under Riley, and that shows much deeper issues than just the coach.

It is but often when a caretaker is put in place a club has a run of wins or better performance after the shackles have been taken off. Our performances under Viney were still sub standard, can't remember what happened under Riley, and that shows much deeper issues than just the coach.

It is called lack of skill rjay we are serious short and have been for the last 6 years

Do those stats include the 2 draws? Are we not on 99 losses in that time? (Yes, I realise it's not a big deal)

If we take out '10 and '11, it's about 16 wins and 73 losses. Roughly 17%

32 wins out of 133 games = 24%. Doesn't feel like we've won one in four over the period. As bad as that is, I would have thought our performance was actually worse than that.

I thought the same thing when I saw that stat. Tragic, isn't it?

The line that resonated most for me - and the fact that seems to finally have caught on with so many commentators - is this:

'Melbourne supporters are sick of the ineptitude of the club and its players.'

The very least we supporters can take out of it is that our discontent has been noticed. For once, no one is suggesting we lack passion.

• Like 5

That article sums it all up. All of it. Perfectly.

We now do not need any new threads regurgitating the same things.

We are all in a deep level of pain and dismay, vent in the already opened threads.

I'm curious about what the club/players are currently doing now?

All quiet on the Western Front, in terms of official club releases/social network releases etc.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

It is called lack of skill rjay we are serious short and have been for the last 6 years

Agree 'old dee' but its also a lack of belief, of something to play for more than a pay packet. There's no heart and soul at the MFC.