Dale Thomas saga!!!

Dee1987

I know this topic has been started before, but can we genuinely afford him, because gee we need someone like him bad. We have alot of work to do to get him across but after watching gameday he gave me the indication of a Scully/Ablett type saga!!!

A mature midfielder like Dale Thomas is a must in order for Melbourne to start winning more games again. We desperately need his X factor.

Yes we can afford him. We can afford anyone if we want. We are lucky in a way because if we want a player all we need to do is drop some dead wood out of the cap to fit Thomas in. We don't have all australian players all over the ground who demand a high salary. Do what we need to do to get the quality in.

• Like 2

Most star players don't leave solely for cash. Success or a shot at it will come into equation. If we were to win 10-12 games this year & the kids loooked good we'd have a case to make to DT.

correct. What we show this year must look good.

We need a selling point.

• Like 1

Most star players don't leave solely for cash. Success or a shot at it will come into equation. If we were to win 10-12 games this year & the kids loooked good we'd have a case to make to DT.

did ablett, bock, ward and all the other money grabbing "stars" expect success when they signed their multi million dollar contracts at the start up clubs?

did ablett, bock, ward and all the other money grabbing "stars" expect success when they signed their multi million dollar contracts at the start up clubs?

I'm not a clairvoyant - so I can't answer for them. However, given they were signing deals with AFL backed franchises with massive draft & salary cap concessions designed to ensure success the thought may have crossed their minds.

• Like 1

I'm not a clairvoyant - so I can't answer for them. However, given they were signing deals with AFL backed franchises with massive draft & salary cap concessions designed to ensure success the thought may have crossed their minds.

im happy with your views on this, but lets just say your views and my views differ and happy to leave it at that

I cannot see why we can't be one of the top runners for Daisey.

He's seen Dawes shift over, everyone knows the skill level Clark has. Plus we have all seen Ablett survive in a very young list and GC look to be going places very soon.

It will all come down to coin and his decision on leaving the Pies.

I quite like how in this mornings paper he has said he wants to build his contract worth through the season acknowledging that it isn't ideal, but that he needs to maximise his earnings.

None of this "don't want to be distracted by contract negotiations and concentrating on playing football" that is normally trotted out. No one can begrudge footballers trying to earn as much as they can in the short amount of time they have in the game (inc a certain ex MFC No 31)

I cannot see why we can't be one of the top runners for Daisey.

He's seen Dawes shift over, everyone knows the skill level Clark has. Plus we have all seen Ablett survive in a very young list and GC look to be going places very soon.

It will all come down to coin and his decision on leaving the Pies.

We are.

We are.

I never meant literally as in the offers we are making. That's obvious we are the front runner for $$ offers.

I meant as being a consideration in his own mind. Hence the elaboration of other players going to bottom ladder positioned teams.

Question..... Is Judd a free agent this year? If so.... Would we be interested..... Seems on the outer in blue country....

Thomas would be a good get..... But I can't see it happening.... Eddie might bomb aami park....lol... Judd would be a good second option.... But at this time of year, they both seem doubtful.....

Lets just hope Neeldy, Browny and Dawesy pop over for a chat with him! I have to admit i wasn't sold on Daisey when he was drafted but i certainly am now. Our best selling point is our coach's past relationship with him and we can afford to make him one of our priority players, he won;t be inline behind Pendles,Swan etc.

Question..... Is Judd a free agent this year? If so.... Would we be interested..... Seems on the outer in blue country....

Thomas would be a good get..... But I can't see it happening.... Eddie might bomb aami park....lol... Judd would be a good second option.... But at this time of year, they both seem doubtful.....

Judd has said that the Blues will be the last team he plays for. I reckon he'll hang up the boots after this year. He has always hinted that he'll retire early.

We need to sign a star midfielder as a matter of urgency, Thomas fits the bill, so we need to bring out the war chest..

• Like 2

This is tough to write down, but I think if Daisy is going to switch clubs, it would be to the team of his former coach Carlton Blues

Not nessasarily, he could be mates with Dawes and Leigh Brown, and get on well with Neeld

I hope we poach him during the year. I would rather pick this guy up over Franklin (mind you wouldn't mind either). But it's obvious we need a good midfield, a team can win a premiership with a fantastic midfield and average forward line (Sydney 2012 is a prime example), however a team with an average midfield and fantastic forward line can not. So far we have a decent forward line taking shape we NEED an incredible midfield to efficiently deliver it and keep it in our forward 50. By seasons end we will have the money for Thomas.

I never meant literally as in the offers we are making. That's obvious we are the front runner for $$ offers.

I meant as being a consideration in his own mind. Hence the elaboration of other players going to bottom ladder positioned teams.

The guys won a flag, hes after cash, and why not, offer him a 5 year deal because the pies wont.

• Like 1