If you could have one past player?

ashdemons22

Often hard to see as it doesn't stand out as much as "MultiQuote" and "Quote", but it should be immediately to the left of multiquote.

Yeah it's not there for me... Maybe due to being on a mac? Not sure.

Ok guys,

Have removed a number of posts, we ask you to get back on topic now, as billy2803 said the "report" should be next to the "multiquote" function. I'll bring it up with Andy (Demonland) if you're having trouble finding it.

H_T

Hard to say one player although if it's not limited to MFC players Carey at the drop of a hat

Loved Schwarter, Neiter & Lyon as Forwards but given we now have somE decent big forward I would pick a 1998-2000 Jeff Farmer as the Crumbing forward we need

Big Jimmy would be a great asset in the current game playing a role for us similar to Cox's role with Meth Coast

Through the middle Stinger or Scotty Thompson in his current form

With our current forwards if Neiter came back may play him as a permanent CHB

back on topic I'd pick one of the following;

• The Wiz - Elite small forward
  • Cam Bruce in '06 form prior to leg injury (goal kicking mid / HFF)
  • Yze in his prime (Elite foot skills through the midfield)

back on topic I'd pick one of the following;

• The Wiz - Elite small forward
  • Cam Bruce in '06 form prior to leg injury (goal kicking mid / HFF)
  • Yze in his prime (Elite foot skills through the midfield)

I was convinced Bruce was going to win a Brownlow...it's too bad that he left the Dees to prolong his career by 10 or so games.

I'd go with Woewodin. His 2000 season was the best season I have seen by a Demon in my lifetime. Also his name is fun to say.

I was convinced Bruce was going to win a Brownlow...it's too bad that he left the Dees to prolong his career by 10 or so games.

I'd go with Woewodin. His 2000 season was the best season I have seen by a Demon in my lifetime. Also his name is fun to say.

Woewodin was a good ordinary player.

He had one A grade year. A good B+ performer.

• Like 1

Isn't it telling that with all the choices we've got, we've got to put an asterisk on them? Ox pre-knee, TJ with a desire boost and so on. From the 90s and 00s there's barely a player anyone would take unconditionally. It's just so symbolic of the NQR nature of all the players that have passed through this club in the last two decades.

• Like 4

Isn't it telling that with all the choices we've got, we've got to put an asterisk on them? Ox pre-knee, TJ with a desire boost and so on. From the 90s and 00s there's barely a player anyone would take unconditionally. It's just so symbolic of the NQR nature of all the players that have passed through this club in the last two decades.

All the players? I think a lot of the players mentioned in the thread have been fine contributors and as you've said Ox was struck down with knee injuries - hardly a NQR trait unless you're bringing a players physical characteristics into the equation.

FCS, if we were going to have a thread full of past champions from the last 20 years to talk about I reckon we'd be still gloating about all the flags we've brought home in that time.

All the players? I think a lot of the players mentioned in the thread have been fine contributors and as you've said Ox was struck down with knee injuries - hardly a NQR trait unless you're bringing a players physical characteristics into the equation.

FCS, if we were going to have a thread full of past champions from the last 20 years to talk about I reckon we'd be still gloating about all the flags we've brought home in that time.

?

?

My point being that if this thread was going to be full of names of champions, I would have expected several flags over that period. Nasher, IMO, applied a broad brush to all of the players as being NQR.

I hope that explains it better but will apologise now if it doesn't.

My point being that if this thread was going to be full of names of champions, I would have expected several flags over that period. Nasher, IMO, applied a broad brush to all of the players as being NQR.

I hope that explains it better but will apologise now if it doesn't.

Ok got you now, a bit slow tonight.

There are a lot of 'If' players though. If his knees were ok, if he consistently played at that level, if he had his head screwed on....I guess it points to why we have struggled for success.

If there's been a club with less individually talented players over the past 23 years let me know who they are.

That's easy if judged by finals appearances . I'm guessing it's about Tiges 2/Dees 20 .
  • Like 2

Brian Wilson to beef up our midfield, though i am not sure if he was still playing in early 90's.

Otherwise I would have to say Garry Lyon as we definately need someone who had plenty of heart as he did.

Jackovich and OX were probably best but we need determined players right now!!!

That's easy if judged by finals appearances . I'm guessing it's about Tiges 2/Dees 20 .

No, that's a team effort, which is why I said "individually". On a whole we've had far better teams than Richmond, but not individual standouts.

The football world consider Matthew Richardson as a better player than Neitz and I dare say any player we've had in that time, while Cotchin is well on his way to being better than any mid we've had.

I agree that if we've had company it has come in the form of the Tigers.

Todd Viney.......Oh wait we've just landed his mini- me :-)

In that case the almighty Theo X (pre knee!). Actually can we just get all our fav's from the 90's and then magically lose their bloody injuries (Jako's back, Gaz's leg/back, Stinga's bloody scar tissue from the plate glass window incident..... It's all Jack Watts fault!)