• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daisy Thomas

Matt Demon

Produces? Bit of a problem there. You said the last 150 years. Names already suggested above anyway. Add Ronald Dale to that list ...

So you think Nietz is better than Franklin?

So you think Nietz is better than Franklin?

Again, the present tense. What are you talking about?

Anyway, I referred you to a list already mentioned. And I added Barassi. Try and tell anyone who saw Barassi play that Franklin influences a game the way RDB did.

Again, the present tense. What are you talking about?

Anyway, I referred you to a list already mentioned. And I added Barassi. Try and tell anyone who saw Barassi play that Franklin influences a game the way RDB did.

Your not worth the time of day.

Chip comes out of contract at the end of 2014.

My Bad. But still, lets re-sign him as he is very imporant to our list. Lets not let another contract dispute get in the way of the development of our list

He is a must IMO

Edited by Demonsterative

too high an octane, imo, for us

I can't let that go by (even though it makes no sense, but I'll guess what the inference is). All rumours are yet to be substantiated, so I'll take him as innocent until proven. Besides all that, Buddy is currently one of the 3 best footballers in the game, if not the best. If he wanted to come to the Dees for the right deal, we'd be stark raving mad not to seriously explore the possibility, regardless of how we perceive our fwd strength ATM (which, I might add, is built on rose-colored hope more than reality). "No thanks" is perhaps the most simplistic response one could make if the opportunity came up. I'd love to see Buddy playing in the red n blue if he was keen to get on board, assuming it was the right deal, of course.

I can't let that go by (even though it makes no sense, but I'll guess what the inference is). All rumours are yet to be substantiated, so I'll take him as innocent until proven. Besides all that, Buddy is currently one of the 3 best footballers in the game, if not the best. If he wanted to come to the Dees for the right deal, we'd be stark raving mad not to seriously explore the possibility, regardless of how we perceive our fwd strength ATM (which, I might add, is built on rose-colored hope more than reality). "No thanks" is perhaps the most simplistic response one could make if the opportunity came up. I'd love to see Buddy playing in the red n blue if he was keen to get on board, assuming it was the right deal, of course.

How did Buddy go last grand final, & the finals series?

Some still think he missed games with the rumored leg injury wasn't it, & nothing to do with any strikes? "Or on strike" or 'struckout' in baseball parlance?

Just like the AFL had nothing to do with the expose on 'the couch', & mcleans new contract?

and recent car'ton spokesperson on the Captaincy no less, & now media indentity?

Produces? Bit of a problem there. You said the last 150 years. Names already suggested above anyway. Add Ronald Dale to that list ...

in the last 150 years MFC have had some of the greatest players to play the game..... Flower, Barrassi and Norm Smith are arguably the greatest ever.... Buddy hasn't produced anything in comparison to them.....
  • Like 1

How did Buddy go last grand final, & the finals series?

Some still think he missed games with the rumored leg injury wasn't it, & nothing to do with any strikes? "Or on strike" or 'struckout' in baseball parlance?

Just like the AFL had nothing to do with the expose on 'the couch', & mcleans new contract?

and recent car'ton spokesperson on the Captaincy no less, & now media indentity?

Get off the turps mate. You're rambling and making little sense.

Buddy is an out and out star, has been for years. If the team that finished last amongst the established clubs last year (and has been terrible for the last 5) thinks it would pass on him if the opportunity came up, then we should fold now. He'd nearly pay for himself in extra memberships

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Not sure on this, had I not seen Hogan play in the colts finals last year for Claremont with my own eyes followed by us snaring him via mini draft I would have said yes get him at all costs. Hogan is yet to play a league game but I left the prelim final game thinking whoever gets this kid is getting something special to build a team around.

IMO with Hogan and Clark as main KPF'S by 2015/16 and Dawesand Howe playing supporting roles we seem sorted with forwards. For me and again its just MO if I could grab any player coming into 2014 it would be Cotchin, I believe by 2015 he will be entering the prime of his career and will replace Ablett as the number 1 in the league.

Having said that there is always new kids on the block who come from nowhere but as for Buddy will he ever get back to 2008 form when he grabbed the season by the scruff of the neck.

• Like 1

Get off the turps mate. You're rambling and making little sense.

Buddy is an out and out star, has been for years. If the team that finished last amongst the established clubs last year (and has been terrible for the last 5) thinks it would pass on him if the opportunity came up, then we should fold now. He'd nearly pay for himself in extra memberships

we'll disagree then moon.

I think he's passed his best & looked like he'd lost his mojo after that strange time off for bad behaviour last season.

using unleaded wasn't good for the high flier.

I understand a WA club had the chance late last year to put up some offer, but didn't...

it seems he's been shopped around the country since the end of last season, but so far no takers.

He Was a top player, but now has to show again whether he still has it. we'll see.

I think he'd spoil our batch of apples.

Buddy is mostly highlights anyway.

He produces, but nothing like the hype.

Geez, I'd love To see one of ours win 2 Colemans, kick a ton in a season, 4 x AA's, play FF in our next premiership and still only be 25 yrs old (26 in a few days). That's a substantial first half to a footy career, I'd say.

Not sure on this, had I not seen Hogan play in the colts finals last year for Claremont with my own eyes followed by us snaring him via mini draft I would have said yes get him at all costs. Hogan is yet to play a league game but I left the prelim final game thinking whoever gets this kid is getting something special to build a team around.

IMO with Hogan and Clark as main KPF'S by 2015/16 and Dawesand Howe playing supporting roles we seem sorted with forwards. For me and again its just MO if I could grab any player coming into 2014 it would be Cotchin, I believe by 2015 he will be entering the prime of his career and will replace Ablett as the number 1 in the league.

Having said that there is always new kids on the block who come from nowhere but as for Buddy will he ever get back to 2008 form when he grabbed the season by the scruff of the neck.

Agreed, I'd have Cotchin over Buddy. But not sure I'd agree we are covered for forwards. Nevertheless, we now have a number of KPFs who (Clark excepted) are average or yet unproven. Howe will push into the midfield or up the wing increasingly. He's not a key fwd, IMO. I really hope Hogan is as good as you suggest PSD. I'd shout you many beers for your scouting prowess if he is.

Not that I think that we are in the hunt for Buddy at all, but to simply say "no thanks" to a star 25 yo KPF (if the opportunity were to arose) is sheer lunacy without due dil.

Edit: not saying that you made the 'no thanks' comment PSD

Edited by Moonshadow

you sure now.

cotchin over buddy, buddy over cotchin?

yeah your right, cotchin with one hand behind, over the Bud.

Editing quotes is bad form DL, especially when it is followed by such a lame response.

Let me repeat to you in simple terms...... Buddy is a star, has been for a number of years, and he's only 25 yo. We have been terrible for 5yrs straight. To say we should not consider him (if it was to come up) because of rumours is sheer lunacy and arrogance. The fact that most betting agencies have him favourite to win this year's Coleman shows his best is not necessarily behind him.

There are many great players I'd like to see in the red and blue in 2014. I wouldn't discount any based upon rumours. Whether they want to come to us is another matter.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Editing quotes is bad form DL, especially when it is followed by such a lame response.

Let me repeat to you in simple terms...... Buddy is a star, has been for a number of years, and he's only 25 yo. We have been terrible for 5yrs straight. To say we should not consider him (if it was to come up) because of rumours is sheer lunacy and arrogance. The fact that most betting agencies have him favourite to win this year's Coleman shows his best is not necessarily behind him.

There are many great players I'd like to see in the red and blue in 2014. I wouldn't discount any based upon rumours. Whether they want to come to us is another matter.

We've been terrible for 10 yrs.

in your simple terms, buddy is too big a risk, & is on the way down... just as Judd was too big a risk when he came east & went to car'ton, & has won them 3 premierships in a row? Not.

and fly's normal altitude.

No, no buddy for me.

Edited by dee-luded

We've been terrible for 10 yrs.

in your simple terms, buddy is too big a risk, & is on the way down... just as Judd was too big a risk when he came east & went to car'ton, & has won them 3 premierships in a row? Not.

and fly's normal altitude.

No, no buddy for me.

I don't think you are flying normal altitude DL.

• Like 1

Geez, I'd love To see one of ours win 2 Colemans, kick a ton in a season, 4 x AA's, play FF in our next premiership and still only be 25 yrs old (26 in a few days). That's a substantial first half to a footy career, I'd say.

Thats a massive highlight reel.jose you have completely no idea.

Quite simply we wont need the Daisy's or the Buddy's. We will have developed our own crop of decent players.

if we will have turned into the kind of team that would attract either then it stands to reason we need neither.

Other teams in stead will be looking and wishing they had a Clark, or Viney, a Hogan a Toumpas etc......or whoever it is that steps up

Distant fields etc.

Its not those particular players ..the Thomas;s etc that really make it or break it, its the teams culture and group mentality as a playing unit.

• Like 2

Quite simply we wont need the Daisy's or the Buddy's. We will have developed our own crop of decent players.

if we will have turned into the kind of team that would attract either then it stands to reason we need neither.

Other teams in stead will be looking and wishing they had a Clark, or Viney, a Hogan a Toumpas etc......or whoever it is that steps up

Distant fields etc.

Its not those particular players ..the Thomas;s etc that really make it or break it, its the teams culture and group mentality as a playing unit.

Really liked this statement.

The merits of Daisy and Buddy are known and they have had success within their own different and successful teams. Their place in the history of the game is still being written and both can still rise or fail in their existing clubs or in new clubs.

Our club is creating its own structure and style and has the best blend of experience and youth, big, small,short, tall,fast, high flying players we have seen for some time. Our stars are still developing and may suit either of buddy or daisy but I would really like to see our team develop and create its own . I really hope you are right BB

• Like 2