And another one bites the dust - Cook

Demon Disciple

halleluah brother. Infuriating how they mollycoddled our young players instead of saying 'you're in the big time now boy, get cracking'.

Pity for Cook he wasn't a No.1 pick - that seems to get you a bit more mollycoddling

I still maintain there's a need for players able to rack up high numbers of uncontested posessions.

Yes but wed like them to be able to do something positive with them...and still have a defensive side !!

I still maintain there's a need for players able to rack up high numbers of uncontested posessions.

Agree. We keep hearing about the outside players and we don't have any. Morton is actually one. He can run all day and rack up the receives. You need a couple of them. He is also tall so maybe in a year or so could fill in somewhere else if needed to pinch hit.

Blease is another, but without the endurance.

Pity for Cook he wasn't a No.1 pick - that seems to get you a bit more mollycoddling

I doubt that with this FD.

I get the feeling they are put up or shut up.

And seriously doubt they would have picked Cook at number 80 let alone 12.

Bailey Era??? Here it is again, slanging Bailey.

Moloney, Petterd, & Morton were all of the Daniher regime with CCameron.

The poor culture was well and truly ingrained thru the Daniher era. We've been slow to recognise & try to rectify this.

Bailey may not have been the toughest coach, but maybe he couldn't be, with the Heavy Tail wagging him about. The Recruiting, under his reign wasn't by him, and to the best of my knowledge, he didn't appoint the recruiters. The club/Footy dept would have.

Yes, nonetheless Clint's post focused on the high number of uncontested possessions as if that were the problem.

If you look at our stats we are actually lopsided in contested/uncontested ball - in that we dont get enough uncontested footy.

I doubt that with this FD.

I get the feeling they are put up or shut up

And seriously doubt they would have picked Cook at number 80 let alone 12.

Ridiculous call, he was the AA CHF in that draft, ahead of Darling ect he would have gone as the first KPP picked.

What is this Jurrah, Moloney Gysberts and Cook......delisted

When will we be delisting the Dunns, Bates and Petterds of this list come on!

Bold move by the club to jettison a young KPF with only 2 years in the system. I'm all for fixing mistakes early, that's generally the way to go, but I hope this is the right decision.

Brett Lovett's words to the effect that Cook and Gysberts "should never be allowed to play AFL footy" are pretty shocking to hear. Everyone has their view of course, but to hear this makes you wonder what the previous recruiting team were seeing in these guys.

• Like 1

When will we be delisting the Dunns , Bates and Petterds of this list come on!

Dunn will not be delisted!

Dunn is certain to stay on out list and deservedly so

Ridiculous call, he was the AA CHF in that draft, ahead of Darling ect he would have gone as the first KPP picked.

What is this Jurrah, Moloney Gysberts and Cook......delisted

When will we be delisting the Dunns, Bates and Petterds of this list come on!

First Gysberts is not de listed. He has 1 year of a contract to go. He evidently wants to move on. The MFC is probably fielding offers or looking at a deal.

Are you suggesting the delisting etc is finished?

The process is very young JT there is a month to go before the real action starts.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

• Like 1

I think you are wrong on this. When players like Swan and even Ablett get them it is usually because they get the ball, give it off and run to a position that demands the ball back. Often in a chain they will get 3 or 4 possessions, mostly uncontested.

The problem with players like Morton is that they hang around loose (5m off their opponent and incapable of defending against them if there is a turnover) get a cheap ball and dish it off. There is no run, spread or carry and the possession is next to useless.

Davey obviously thinks along your lines because he just sits behind Jamar and takes a cheap handball possession before dinking a kick 15m to a team mate. This is what I consider are next to useless possessions and demonstrates a player that is intent on bolstering his possession count rather than being a genuine help to the team.

• Like 1