Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

I also think with Jamar not playing has caused a problem for Brett.....I think he will be retained as you would have to replace him with another 18yo kid....

What's everyone's thoughts on a straight trade with Shane Valenti? Sounds fair to me.

I have always rated Shane more than many here, (and certainly more than Bailey did) for his sheer grunt.

But you mention a trade - with whom?

Guest Rassilon

Sad reflection on the culture of our football club that Brent gets treated like this on Demonland. Some of you should be ashamed of your comments - talk about eat your own. Your opinions are savage and uncalled for in a public forum.

Only 12-24 months ago he was our poster boy, our spokesman our heart & soul. Respect and loyalty is a two way street - the wider AFL community is watching you.

However, this is not to say Brents future is 100% with us, maybe his time with us is coming to an end.

But surely, surely he deserves OUR respect and loyalty as Demonlanders till the end.

Edited by Rassilon
  • Like 6

Sad reflection on the culture of our football club that Brett gets treated like this on Demonland. Some of you should be ashamed of your comments - talk about eat your own. Your opinions are savage and uncalled for in a public forum.

Only 12-24 months ago he was our poster boy, our spokesman our heart & soul. Respect and loyalty is a two way street - the wider AFL community is watching you.

However, this is not to say Bretts future is 100% with us, maybe his time with us is coming to an end.

But surely, surely he deserves OUR respect and loyalty as Demonlanders till the end.

Speak for yourself. Not me. Brent was well paid this year. Value for $$$...i think not.

Sad reflection on the culture of our football club that Brett gets treated like this on Demonland. Some of you should be ashamed of your comments - talk about eat your own. Your opinions are savage and uncalled for in a public forum.

However, this is not to say Bretts future is 100% with us, maybe his time with us is coming to an end.

Brent.

Show him the respect of getting his name right...

• Like 7

If Brent wants to stay then we should find a spot for him.

Why ? Hes OOC. Not currently in the best 22, struggling with form and application of the Neeld game. Theres no auto spot there Im afraid. Thats just a reality.

We need to get it straight.. Everyone has to EARN their spot ...Everyone

But if he wants to leave then he must be moved on, we can only keep players who WANT to play for us.

If he wans to leave then Im sure we can help failitate that to everyones mutual benefit

Guest Rassilon
Speak for yourself. Not me. Brent was well paid this year. Value for $$$...i think not.

You obviously struggle to see the big picture.

i disagree with you stuie, if the club is paying these blokes good money, then they should expect better performance. we have plenty of em that fall into the same bracket.

The point is, Brent was paid well because he had earned it. Unless you want to pay players at the end of the season according to their performance then that's just reality.

He may lose his job at Melbourne at the end of 1 poor year despite being well performed previously, so I really don't think it's fair to complain.

Why do you always try and use things out of context? I said he would probably not have a job after this year.

You really are an average type of supporter RR.

how was that out of context.?

Its put up that players earn money for their services. Someone else thought he had earnt the moula, another suggests hes no longer fair value. Perfect context.

how was that out of context.?

Its put up that players earn money for their services. Someone else thought he had earnt the moula, another suggests hes no longer fair value. Perfect context.

Quoted and replied to half my post. Chose to ignore the actual important part. Tends to choose what he notices does the old RR.

Edited by stuie

I've got no truck against Moloney. Would be happy form him to stay if he fired up but i can't see him doing so at the dees for what ever reason. Perhaps another club will be a good circuit breaker for him and allow him to get back to playing good footy. Good luck to him if that's the case.

Fascinating to see the article on the MFC site about Sylvia who seems to have really embraced the current direction and seems to be pretty switched on.

Instructive that in a recent presser Neeld, immediately after noting that Moloney has struggled to adapt to the changes in the game really sung the praises of Sylvia and noted his work ethic and leadership (on and off the field - something that i can't recall him being praised for before).

No coincidence i don't think, i have no doubt Neeld was sending a pretty strong message.

The other thing about Moloney that i wonder about is his choice in managers. His manager foolishly put him out for sale mid season at a time when we were really under the pump. A risky strategy for a range of reasons, not least of which getting noses out of joint but more pertinently putting pressure on Moloney to back it up with performance, which he has clearly failed to do.

The other thing was his manager saying the other day that one reason Port would be an attractive option is that Moloney would love the opportunity to provide on and off field leadership to a team of young players. Huh? Didn't he have that opportunity this year? Is his manager having a shot at the dees (silly if he is) or is he just silly? I mean to me it highlights that in fact he hasn't shown great leadership qualities and he isn't such a good role model (as opposed to say Sylvia or Brad Green who took his demotion and being dropped though the season on the chin and still gave his all). Strange approach to selling his mans if you ask me.

Edited by binman

Moloney isn't going to picked tonight and has played his last game at MFC... expect an announcement next week, week of semi finals at the latest..

I have no reason to doubt , nor beleive as such . I would actually find it odd in a sense . Beamer must really be out of favour at AAMI

Must be a lot more to this than gets let our the door ( STS )